Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have You Ever Cheated On Your Partner?

aboyfrombklyn

I believe that cheating IS bad, I know I have been guilty of it and the conscious you get after it is punishment enough, but I also believe in experiencing life. When people are young they need to explore their options and get a feel for whats out there (no pun intended). This probably sounds mean and selfish but I think I would rather live in the moment and explore my options then get married and end up having a miserable marriage all because I didn't bother to see what various possisblities I had.

But, I think that it is better to break up with a person first if you feel like messing around rather than doing it behind their back. In the long run its gunna be the lies that hurt the person the most.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Same here!!!! If you are that unhappy take a break or break up. I still can't think of a VALID reason to cheat on someone.

second that...even if you find someone with a greater connection or whatever you still owe it to your current to TELL them and not cheat...being cheated on is the WORST feeling ever and sadly, they usually realize they screwed up something good for something that looked better than it was :(

i make it a point not to cheat--that is why i am always single, lol ;)--trust is so hard to give/earn and so easy to break.

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

second that...even if you find someone with a greater connection or whatever you still owe it to your current to TELL them and not cheat...being cheated on is the WORST feeling ever and sadly, they usually realize they screwed up something good for something that looked better than it was :(

i make it a point not to cheat--that is why i am always single, lol ;)--trust is so hard to give/earn and so easy to break.

Then they wonder why you don't trust them....Gee, go figure. If someone means that much to you then you will make it work....

Once someone breaks your trust, is sooooo hard to get it back, it's just not the same:blank:

Originally posted by sassa

Yes...it didn't matter, I had no feelings for the guy I was supposedly with anyways.

Hey your in San Diego right? Don't you think that cheating and stuff like that is more common there than it is here in NY? I have noticed that things that commonly occur there and we are okay with do not commonly occur here and that are not okay.

Is it just me? What do you think?

Don't get much TV over here. I have only 3 english speaking channels. Two of them are horseracing and one is my lobby. Yeash!

When I get back to the states, I'll check out friends.

Originally posted by blackhaus1

lol...i take it you don't watch friends?

;)

Regina,

I understand your point. I wish my situation was about simply about someone else, but it is not. It is only about us.

My question was more of a general argument, nothing personal here.

Meanwhile, I agree with you whole-hearted. I beleive if you are in a relationship than be in it. If you want to get out, than get out, for whatever reason. But cheating or tasting the sugar while you still have salt in your mouth is wrong. It happened to me. Wouldn't want it to happen again.

In fact it has made me afraid of relationships, afraid of the future and distrusting of others. I wish i could turn back the clock and make my X happier so that she didn't cheat. We'll never know if that would have made me better today, but for a moment in my life I was dead inside.

Originally posted by ReginaP

You're dating someone? :confused:;) That was sweet....:D

Cove--if your meeting someone you feel you have a stong connection to makes you have doubts about your current, then I think you owe it to both yourself and your current gf to explore those feelings. BUT...not behind her back--I hate when people are selfish and try out the other person for a while when they are still supposedly "with" you--that way if the connection fails they've still got you there. A one or two time meeting with someone doesn't necessarily mean that the connection will still be there after a month or 2...so tell your current that you're having doubts and need a break. That way it will give BOTH of you the opportunity to see what's going on and what you're really feeling.

Ugh, this question is making me very unhappy :(

Originally posted by xtcgspot

never cheated before. ewww..so nasty :yuck: . i dont know for sure if ive ever been cheated on, but i have my suspicions :(

I have been cheated on and was lied to about it until I confronted him. He felt like such an ass, and was all apologies after the fact. To this day, I still care about him alot, even though he broke my heart:(

Several years ago when I was younger and just starting college, I had a girlfriend I didnt appreciate as much as I should have. Like most guys at that age, I was immature and felt it was more important to chill with the boyz and see her when it was good for me. I guess I really didnt want a girlfriend, but I wanted to be with her because she was so good to me all the time and the sex was great. At school, I hooked up with a girl in one of my classes and although my girl never actually found out, she just knew... call it woman's intuition, whatever. Oddly enough I started spending a lot more time with her and our relationship grew stronger every day. A year or so later, I had a lot of drama going on with my family and when I really needed her she walked out on me. As much as it hurt, there was nothing I could do. I learned my lesson and vowed to never cheat again.

So dont ever take your relationship for granted because if you're thinking about cheating, your significant other probably is too. Cheating is one of the reasons why today's society sucks and the divorce rate is so high! When couples got married back in the day, they stuck together worked out their problems and valued their relationship more than people do today.

A couple of months ago, a friend of mine got married... she is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Recently she caught her husband cheating on her. I cannot understand why anyone would ever cheat on this girl, but it just goes to show that it can happen to anyone.

If you're going to cheat, why would you have a relationship with someone? I've known a lot of couples that have become unhappily married over time and they've cheated or at least wanted to. People do grow apart, but if you're not happy in any relationship you need to move on before you starting hooking up with someone else, especially if you're married!

I totally have to agree ....I once went out with this guy.. he was my first love and i loved him with everythig I had...although I was young, he cheated on me with my EX-best friend.. it killed me. I have never cheated and I just know that I never will, if the temptation is too great then just dont be with your boy/girl-friend....:mad: