Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What the hell is happening to Hoboken?

Ive been going to hoboken since i was 16 years old and used to love going up until about a year or two ago. Places like river street have brought hoboken to a lower level. It used to be for yuppies and now everywhere you look theres a guido or a guidette monster. Of course there are a few places that are still worth going to but overall its definitely not as good as it used to be. Anybody beg to differ?

Originally posted by tyco

I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather hang with guidos than yuppies...........

I agree....I live in Hoboken and I still feel like most of the town is yuppies and preppies that think going to Ted and Joe's on a Saturday night is the best thing in the world!

I would hang with the guido crowd anyday!

:)

Originally posted by clubangel

I agree....I live in Hoboken and I still feel like most of the town is yuppies and preppies that think going to Ted and Joe's on a Saturday night is the best thing in the world!

I would hang with the guido crowd anyday!

clubangel = guidette

LOL! ;)

The vast majority of the population in hoboken is yuppies/preppies. But we dont think that going to ted and joes is the best thing in the world. You obviously dont know too much. I prefer places like black bear or even the whiskey bar. And if your idea of having a good time is to juice up during the day,do a jar of k before you go out,and then dance without your shirt all night and then get back into your mustang and go home;then by all means hang out with guidos. Preppies over guidos anyday.

Originally posted by liverlips

The vast majority of the population in hoboken is yuppies/preppies. But we dont think that going to ted and joes is the best thing in the world. You obviously dont know too much. I prefer places like black bear or even the whiskey bar. And if your idea of having a good time is to juice up during the day,do a jar of k before you go out,and then dance without your shirt all night and then get back into your mustang and go home;then by all means hang out with guidos. Preppies over guidos anyday.

Ummm...b/c Black Bear is so much better :rolleyes: ..not that i never go there but more often than not it's ugly guys still wearing their fraternity letter talking about their days at Rutgers trying to hit on any female that walks through the door!

And for your info I don't do K and I don't dance with my shirt off...talk about stereotyping people that go to clubs:rolleyes:

I really must be in the minority here. Why is it that everyone has to be labeled? Who cares....I have friends that are guidos, clubheads, potheads, bikers...who fucking cares? If you have a good time does it really matter? I don't consider myself a "guido" or a "preppie" but I enjoy the hell out of the club scene. So what am I, besides cool as hell? I go to clubs, I go to bars, I have fun...END OF STORY.....(the preppies are squids though:laugh: )

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

I really must be in the minority here. Why is it that everyone has to be labeled? Who cares....I have friends that are guidos, clubheads, potheads, bikers...who fucking cares? If you have a good time does it really matter? I don't consider myself a "guido" or a "preppie" but I enjoy the hell out of the club scene. So what am I, besides cool as hell? I go to clubs, I go to bars, I have fun...END OF STORY.....(the preppies are squids though:laugh: )

What about your friends that are stompers?!?!...LOL

;)

this, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of ignorance.

very common among the yuppy wannabees of Hoboken and such.........some things never change.

Originally posted by clubangel

Ummm...b/c Black Bear is so much better :rolleyes: ..not that i never go there but more often than not it's ugly guys still wearing their fraternity letter talking about their days at Rutgers trying to hit on any female that walks through the door!

And for your info I don't do K and I don't dance with my shirt off...talk about stereotyping people that go to clubs:rolleyes:

ITS SO FUNNY HOW YOU JUST CONTRADICTED YOURSELF ALL IN ONE POST. YOU TALKED ABOUT YUPPIES AND THEIR FRAT LETTERS AND THEN YOU PROCEDED TO IMPLY THAT I STEREOTYPE. WOW! JOHNNIEBLACKROC(WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS) IM GLAD YOU HAVE FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT STATURE BUT MAYBE IT WOULD MATTER MORE TO ME IF I ACTUALLY CARED. YOU SOUND LIKE A PIKER ANYWAY.

ITS SO FUNNY HOW YOU JUST CONTRADICTED YOURSELF ALL IN ONE POST. YOU TALKED ABOUT YUPPIES AND THEIR FRAT LETTERS AND THEN YOU PROCEDED TO IMPLY THAT I STEREOTYPE. WOW! JOHNNIEBLACKROC(WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS) IM GLAD YOU HAVE FRIENDS OF DIFFERENT STATURE BUT MAYBE IT WOULD MATTER MORE TO ME IF I ACTUALLY CARED. YOU SOUND LIKE A PIKER ANYWAY.

I was saying that the guys that I SEE at Black Bear are like that...I wasn't saying the that everywhere in Hoboken the preppy guys are like that...I am sure some of them wear some type of flannel shirts as well!!

To each is own..eveyone likes a different scene!!

Hey liverlips STFU you fucking prepie pussy. I do juice all year round and snort k like it was coke, you got a prob with that ? I hope not, because I'm so sauced up I make the incredible hulk look like mini me! I hope you got your frat brothers to back you up. i have no respect for anybody who had to pledge and get shit on to join a eliete group of queers. I almost got into a fight with faternity dork and pointed him out and he came out with this shit

" you fight me, you fight all of us because we are a whole as one" FUCKING PUSSIES! Don't cuff your pants up to high you know they flood!

if you don't care so much why are you posting in all caps? in fact, why are you posting at all?

don't be mad that you ended up in cheesy bars hanging out with all the drunken dorks that have no style and try to use their financial status as a savior to their pathetic insecurities........

wake up bitch

Originally posted by tyco

if you don't care so much why are you posting in all caps? in fact, why are you posting at all?

don't be mad that you ended up in cheesy bars hanging out with all the drunken dorks that have no style and try to use their financial status as a savior to their pathetic insecurities........

wake up bitch

the kids got liverlips:laugh: Don't even bother with him, he was sucking to much big brother dick when he was a pledge! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER

My preppy friends make fun of me... but i'd rather hang out at a guido spot / peeps than with a preppy standing there drunk not doing anything crowd anyday...

there's only so many times i can watch people dance rythemlessly to "Brown Eyed Girl" or some nonsense like that in a bar... classic songs are fine.. but come on...

As for Whiskey bar.. that places gets overcrowded and smokey... and all people do is stand around ....

I was at black bear on a thursday night about 2 weeks ago.. we were meeting up with some new potential shorehouse mates.. that turned out to be guidos!! haha, and called themselves tha, and we were all having a great time.. and they started playing DERB.. and we all started cracking up and stomping being stupid, it was hilarious... but all the preppies were staring at aus like get these crazy mofo's outta here.......!

well i kind of agree a little bit cause i remember two years ago on thursday nights that hoboken was jumping cause i used to be handing out flyers for hunka bunka. now it is pretty dead. but i can tell everyone to come check out the LOVESEXY lounge on thursday night on hudson st. it is a small place but it is cool. DJ's Joe Costa and Quest spinn all tribal house and progressive all night. if anyone is interested in checking it out just email me at JackZelVRP@aol.com and i will add your name to the comp list.

Z