Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clean Slates

marcid21

Has anyone wondered how to clean the slate with someone?

Like, as if a bunch of meaningless bullshit and fluff has gotten in the way of what was a great friendship or relationship, and for really no reason? I know sometimes it's better to leave dead things burried, but then your mind starts wandering to those dreaded "what if's" and you just have a feeling that it's not really dead, just needs a lil' something.....

I really think my situation is one that needs resoulution and just needs the air cleaned, but I'll be damned if I know how to go about it.:(

The only thing i can think of to reply to your ponderence, Marci, is Time.

Time is the natural healer. In time, the dust clears, bad things are forgotten and learning takes over.

Then, after a while, i'd approach whatever you are thinking about cautiously, like baby steps.

I hope that helps :)

Originally posted by barslut

If someone fucks me over one time i can never trust them again , None of this clean slate stuff.

I agree, ya WHORE!.......it's just that I wasn't really "fucked over". Like I said...just a bunch of "fluff" developed....mostly meaningless bullshit that could've been avoided... but somehow wasn't.

Papa Smurf's advice sounds like the only avenue.

Shit with this topic I could write a book on trying to wipe the slate clean with my cousin and my ex best friend... they are married now and he chose water over blood and wiping the slate clean was tried but it aint eva gonna happen..

Sometimes it is just better to forgive in your heart but completely forget about them...

You in the dark

You in the pain

You on the run

Living a hell

Living your ghost

Living your end

Never seem to get in the place that I belong

Don't wanna lose the time

Lose the time to come

Whatever you say it's alright

Whatever you do it's all good

Silence is not the way

We need to talk about it

If heaven is on the way

If heaven is on the way

You in the sea

On a decline

Breaking the waves

Watching the lights go down

Letting the cables sleep

Whatever you do it's all good

Silence is not the way

We need to talk about it

If heaven is on the way

We'll wrap the world around it

If heaven is on the way

If heaven is on the way

I'm a stranger in this town

If heaven is on the way

If heaven is on the way

Originally posted by barslut

If someone fucks me over one time i can never trust them again , None of this clean slate stuff.

Gotta disagree with your POV...

It depends on the type of after affect your action produced.

If I'm seeing a girl and I kill her parents, you can pretty much kiss that second chance goodbye.

If it's something like worthless gossip gets in-between the two parties, you have to be able to give it time, forgive, and forget DEPENDING ON YOUR PERSONAL ASSESSMENT OF THAT PERSON.

If you think the other is a good person, by all means forgive and forget. Generally good people have the ability to understand their actions, learn from them, and discipline themselves never to repeat it.

On the other hand, I was friendly with someone over the summer that, shall we say, led off a pretty negative vibes with the actions that he did that I was forced to be involved in due to association. He fucked up one too many times, so I cut that person off when the opportunity presented itself.

If YOU fuck up and are sorry to someone you care for, wouldn't YOU want to wipe the slate clean? You have to understand that NO ONE IS PERFECT. People will fuck up. It always happens. That's why we have drama in the world. So stay positive and learn to forgive and forget. I've been on both sides of the spectrum (forgiving and forgivee), and I have a good idea about what emotions people deal with on each side.

Like to know what you think.

Originally posted by highmay

Gotta disagree with your POV...

It depends on the type of after affect your action produced.

If I'm seeing a girl and I kill her parents, you can pretty much kiss that second chance goodbye.

If it's something like worthless gossip gets in-between the two parties, you have to be able to give it time, forgive, and forget DEPENDING ON YOUR PERSONAL ASSESSMENT OF THAT PERSON.

If you think the other is a good person, by all means forgive and forget. Generally good people have the ability to understand their actions, learn from them, and discipline themselves never to repeat it.

On the other hand, I was friendly with someone over the summer that, shall we say, led off a pretty negative vibes with the actions that he did that I was forced to be involved in due to association. He fucked up one too many times, so I cut that person off when the opportunity presented itself.

If YOU fuck up and are sorry to someone you care for, wouldn't YOU want to wipe the slate clean? You have to understand that NO ONE IS PERFECT. People will fuck up. It always happens. That's why we have drama in the world. So stay positive and learn to forgive and forget. I've been on both sides of the spectrum (forgiving and forgivee), and I have a good idea about what emotions people deal with on each side.

Like to know what you think.

Well, I for one think this has made more sense to me than a lot of things lately.

Your #1 in my book Highmay....thanks for ur words of wisdom.;)

I just want to add that yes, starting over from clean slates IS indeed possible :D

I never believed it, but im back together with my smurfette :love:

The only reason we broke up was b/c of suffocation, and due to each of our conscious realizations of the reason for the breakup, we are starting aknew ...

We still are gonna go out separately with friends and let things happen, but we're also remembering that flame that once burned and we're gonna start off in a newm, better direction ;)

Originally posted by gmccookny

I just want to add that yes, starting over from clean slates IS indeed possible

The only reason we broke up was b/c of suffocation, and due to each of our conscious realizations of the reason for the breakup, we are starting aknew ...

We still are gonna go out separately with friends and let things happen, but we're also remembering that flame that once burned and we're gonna start off in a newm, better direction

Woo hoo!!! Congrats Smurfy bebs...I'm really happy for you! :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by gmccookny

I just want to add that yes, starting over from clean slates IS indeed possible :D

We still are gonna go out separately with friends and let things happen, but we're also remembering that flame that once burned and we're gonna start off in a newm, better direction ;)

:D :D