Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*How to Dance to Techno, Dance music***

Hmm it's kinda hard to explain. Basically, the best way to do it is to forget the fact that it feels weird to move that way and just do it, and eventually it becomes natural. But here's how I taught a friend of mine to do it. Keep in mind as you read this that I've been a performance dancer for years and a platform dancer for about a year, so if this sounds ridiculous or feels ridiculous it's because I'm customizing too much.

Find yourself a square of space somewhere in your living room, and crank up your house or trance or whatever it is you're comfy with, and start out by just bouncing to what you're hearing. Then, move your bounce right to left (it's almost like a "pony", the way I do it, where if you're moving to the right, your right foot lands first, quickly followed by your left, then right-left again real quick in the same place, then bounce on over to the left landing on your left foot first, and just repeat that...). Toss whatever you want to do with your hands in there, and final thing to try is rather than just right to left, hit the corners of your square that way. Bounce/step to the front and back as well as the sides. If the whole "pony" thing throws you off, ignore it, it's a jazz-dance move that probably sounds ridiculous to the rest of the world, and you can just substitute a normal bounce or step for that and make it easier on yourself. Hope that helps. You can always PM me for dance classes if ya want ;)

Originally posted by joeg

just watch others, pickup what feels right.. and move to the music..

Good Idea...

Originally posted by airatomic

start going to soundfactory

Bad Idea...

But in all seriousness...just follow what Vixenfoxxy said and you should be fine. That's actually pretty good advice...wish I'd thunk of it... :laugh:

CP dancing school anyone? We'll have Glowgrlnyc and Vixenfoxxy whip people's asses into shape...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by xpander

But in all seriousness...just follow what Vixenfoxxy said and you should be fine. That's actually pretty good advice...wish I'd thunk of it... :laugh:

CP dancing school anyone? We'll have Glowgrlnyc and Vixenfoxxy whip people's asses into shape...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll sign up for that!! But do ya think they can put up with teaching an old man with a wheelchair?? :confused::eek:

Originally posted by spragga25

I'll sign up for that!! But do ya think they can handle teach an old man with a wheelchair?? :confused::eek:

Oh there no worries...

We can get yo' wheelchair bound ass running over hoochies and playing wheelchair hopscotch on guido's heads in no time...

:D

shit...now that I think about it...I gotta learn that one of these days...