Clubplanet Nightlife Community

driving stickshift in manhattan

If you enjoy driving stick, can put up with the constant shifting, and not being able to just Cruise around go for it. I am a firm believer in manual transmissions. I will never own anything but. You have more Control over your vehicle w/manual tranny. Down shift when you need to pass, better braking, keeps you more into the driving. Thats my personal opinion. If it was me i'd do it, if you are reading this and saying F*** that then its not for you. :)

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . heavy traffic can be a bitch . . but for the most part it's ok . . . the only time it sux is when you're trying to park in those really REALLY tight spaces . . not fun . .

oh yeah i just love those tight ass spots :rolleyes: but stick is soooo much more fun on the west side ;) nah but seriously, u should def go for it...

Originally posted by godfatherbam

oh yeah i just love those tight ass spots :rolleyes: but stick is soooo much more fun on the west side ;) nah but seriously, u should def go for it...

. . right on . . the west side is a whole HELL of alot more open then the east side . . . Traffic seems to move alot more smoothly . . .

Guest tilly
Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . right on . . the west side is a whole HELL of alot more open then the east side . . . Traffic seems to move alot more smoothly . . .

yeah but who drives your car the best???;)

im sick of my suv and i might trade it with a bmw with 5speed stickshift.. only thing that worries me is driving in manhattan.those of you who drive stick in the city do you have troubles passing and avoiding collisions in manhattan?

suck it up, be a man and drive a stick...guys and manual=not cool

i am not worried about the leg work because bmw clutch is very smooth. what im worried about is in manhattan these crazy cab drivers cut u off al the time and you have to be ready, when u drive stick you might have less control of the steering wheel.. i remember the good ol' days when i lived in VA, i had a honda prelude 5sp and the roads were wide open.. but i must admit driving in mahattan is kinda fun on its own. its like playing a game.

Originally posted by johnnyrevs

when i drive in manhattan i'm always on the lookout for those psycho cabbie drivers

you gotta drive exactly the way they do :eek: :eek:

Legend38 and sexxyh can vouche for me..... I definitely fit right in on the West Side highway.

Originally posted by roninmess

Legend38 and sexxyh can vouche for me..... I definitely fit right in on the West Side highway.

Yeah just make sure you hold onto your beer bottle real tight when this crazy fawker is drivin