Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/11 documentary

wow, there are no words to describe the feeling i was getting while watching the documentary..it was so wierd because when it started i was cool but when they showed july my heart started to pound a little faster then when they showed september (i think) 6, i started getting butterflies in my stomach...the scene after the buildings collapsed seemed like a scene from armageddon i was like holy shit...when the 2 brothers were separated i was like oh man and when they couldnt find the rookie i was worried...but i let the tears out that didnt come out that day and this is thanx to my little brother, he told me that if he was the brother who stood at the firehouse and the cops wouldnt let him through after the first building collapsed he wouldve ran in there looking for me anyway...when the two brothers found each other hugged and cried my brother squeezed my hand and then the tears came out...just felt like sharing that...great documentary...R.I.P. twins towers and everyone who lost their lives on 9/11, GOD bless their families and loved ones.

peace,

THE DON

yo, watching that tragedy again and yet seeing it on a first hand perspective from the firemen was really gripping. I mean a lot of those moments on film were the firemen's last moments...

...and also the last moments of Clubplanet's own, Blueangel (casey). Though its sad and unfortunate that i never made it to one of the meetups in the beginning when i joined CP to meet her, her legacy will always be there and her thoughts and words in the archives of CP and her family,friends, and boyfriend will always have my deepest of sympathy and thoughts cause to some, clubplanet is like a family and wheather or not you hate or love someone's posts, we are still people and still have emotions and when you loose someone from a tragedy like that, it's almost like yer losing a family member.

that documentary was great, but at the same time an emotional experience....... i was chain smoking the whole time while watching that documentary, its incredible what those fire fighters did for us on 9/11. much love and respect goes out to them straight from the heart....

I never sat more still and in total silence as I did last night. My heart goes out to everyone.... Total loss for words. It is one thing to see it all unfold on TV that day, but to see it the way it was shown last night. I can't even comment....

I preferred not to watch it, even though it was an important firsthand piece of history, I was afraid of what I would have seen.

The events in the footage that I already had seen was very disturbing subject matter for me. I know that it resonates directly with some people, but I can’t handle the horrid stories of body parts and burning victims that were told.

The events of that that day changed the world for us Americans in ways that we have yet to experience or comprehend, the The bodies falling. The building collapsing. The debris cloud approaching. It's all unforgettable!! NOW READING WHAT EVERYONE POSTED I FEEL LIKE MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE!!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A COPY?!?!

http://www.creativetime.org/towers/main.html

as far as i know CBS does not havy any plans to sell copies of the show...I was going to tape it but ended up getting home from work late...I will take a look at work though...they sometimes run tape on the prime time shows to use for sound bites, if i can get a copy I let you all know

Bern

There are some times when I'm not ashamed to cry. Watching it alone in my home last night gave me the emotional freedom to break down. I suppose I needed the chance to be forced to confront the feelings I've been avoiding for a while now.

I taped it and I have two VCRs, I'll see if either is in good enough shape to make copies. If it is, I'll post again about it. Feel free to send me a PM and maybe we can make a copying tree of the coverage.

Is anyone going to the memorial ceremony tonight? If so, do you guys want to try to meet up?

It looks like there are a few of us who lost friends on that day, and I'll take this moment to mention Casey aka Blueangel. The newer people to the board may not have known her, but she was pivotal in my getting to know everyone I know in NYC. I moved here about 18 months ago, and the meetup dinners she organized are largely how I got to know all of my friends.

Mitchell, if you're reading, you're in my thoughts.

edit: tape reference

Originally posted by ekstacy

yeah.. i thought those 2 guys that filmed it were amazing.. on the other hand... i was :confused: it seemed like the firedepartment did nothing... they were standing around.. doing nothing.... that really hit me.. :mad: :mad:

that was a fucked up thing to say...i was a firefighter, not in manhattan but it is all the same. there isnt much some 3000 men can do against a fucking 120 story fuckin monstrosity coming down on them....WTF!!!

I seen this also and yes I cried through out the whole show...very touching...I herad the first plane fly right over head where I used to work before it hit the first tower...

The firemen werent just standing around:rolleyes: They had to think upon any reaction they took...they didnt know what would collapse,getting up the stairs without the elevators... where they would direct people since there were bodies and pieces of debris falling everywhere..definitely very sad....I mean did u see the looks on the firefighter's faces totally distraught..

The thing that freaked me out was when they heard a loud thump outside..and it was a human jumping out of the window..then crashing to the ground...:eek:

But I also believe that the government reviewed that tape and edited out a lot of shit..that they didnt want the world to see..