Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Absinthe?

Originally posted by darcoleo

Does anyone know where I could acquire a magic bottle of the liqeuor ABSINTHE? For some reason it's banned in America, but what isn't these days.

For the real good stuff, Czech Republic. My bottle unfortunately is almost gone.

peace

Absinthe is an alcoholic drink made with an extract from wormwood (kind of a poison). It's a beautiful greenish/blue color.

Van Gogh and other artists/writers used to drink it back in the day. It's pretty much illegal everywhere, including most part of Europe, except for Czech Repulic and maybe Spain (not sure).

peace

I drank a whole bottle of the stuff with three friends and we felt drunk. I tried it again, the same thing. Don't believe the hype unless of course you want to believe it. Van Gough was supposed to have gone crazy from it along with some other artists.

It was made illegal in France and America for the reason that it contained thujone (I think that's how it is spelled), a chemical derived from wormwood which causes hallucenations in the right dose.

I heard the Czech stuff is the closest, I tried Spanish with supposedly the highest amount of thujone allowed, and it made me drunk.

I have heard that there are people around the city that make there own like used to be made in the good old days, and this stuff does the trick.

Good luck, be careful what you do. If you do drink it, it is supposed to be drunk with cold water filtered through sugar. You can also heat the absinthe up before putting the cold water in it. It tastes like Pernot, which in my opinion tastes like shit.

Originally posted by darcoleo

Does anyone know where I could acquire a magic bottle of the liqeuor ABSINTHE? For some reason it's banned in America, but what isn't these days.

I brought back some from Prague - everytime I say let's meet up for a CP absinthe drink, no one responds (excpet tunnel bandit) - I wanted to do a CP pre-cox absinthe meet up!!!

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Can Someone explain to me exactly how absinthe makes you feel...

i tried the homebrew a couple of times at the lunaterium

made by a bloke who's been doing it a few years, so

it was prepared and mixed well....

one of the nights i had 3 tiny shots (actual shots not the

double shot people commonly mistake for 'a shot')

and it had felt like i had twice as many shots of something

strong like whiskey or vodka.

after about 2 hours i didn't get the same

sleepiness regular hard liquor usually gives me...

just felt kinda floaty calm cool and collected.

greater doses, however, lead to sheer insanity.

i know because many rather not careful people

made six or more trips to the absinthe stand

that night and were wandering about, stumbling,

smiling screaming mad.

all things in moderation...

all things in moderation.

(well not All, but you know what i mean.)

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

cool in what way?....Trippy?Drunk?Stoned?

drunk out of your fucking mind! :)

It's just really strong liquor...140 proof if i'm not mistaken....its the thujone/wormwood oil that's supposed to fuck you up, but the one I drank didn't have too much of it so I don't think I felt any of that....plus it tasted like shit bleeecch!! :vomit3: