Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ's. advice on CD players?

Originally posted by PFloyd40

i thought industry standards were pioneers...

I haven't seen any DJ's who spin CD's without Pioneers or Denons. If I were you, I would go with the Pioneer CDJ-100s. You have tons of awesome features on there:

Quick Start (0.01 seconds :eek: )

Huge tempo control! (-16% +10% or +/-10%)

Master Tempo (No more chipmunks!)

4 Cue Fuctions

3 Digital effects, (Jet, Zip & WAH) <-- Love them.. :D

Digital Outputs

Vibration-Proof

Plus they look 15789735983 times better than rackable CD players.

hate to break it to ya, but all big dj's use cd's as well as vinyl..

what big DJs?

try Tiesto, Ferry, Armin, PVD... well, he actually used minidisc player once when he got drunk at the Love Parade... Oberon, Mark Sinclair, Beamish pSyNRG, Fausto, Kevin Energy (I bet you don't have a slightest idea who the last five are) Paul Oakenfold...

unless you mean Jersey big of course...

shit, I use CDs myself on the stuff that comes out in Europe and in, say, january, and you can't get it here for another 2 - 3 months... but still as soon as vinyl is available I'll slap it on and put CD away in my car...on the other hand... I would love to see Tony Draper's face when his CD starts to skskskskskskskkskskskskskskskkskskskskskskskskskksksksipkipip

peace

bounce

Originally posted by djbounce

what big DJs?

try Tiesto, Ferry, Armin, PVD... well, he actually used minidisc player once when he got drunk at the Love Parade... Oberon, Mark Sinclair, Beamish pSyNRG, Fausto, Kevin Energy (I bet you don't have a slightest idea who the last five are) Paul Oakenfold...

shit, I use CDs myself on the stuff that comes out in Europe and in, say, january, and you can't get it here for another 2 - 3 months... but still as soon as vinyl is available I'll slap it on and put CD away in my car...on the other hand... I would love to see Tony Draper's face when his CD starts to skskskskskskskkskskskskskskskkskskskskskskskskskksksksipkipip

peace

bounce

for those of us that dont make 5 G's a gig..............cds are the only option.....as of now, I am a CD DJ, building my collection of vinyls a little bit each week and practicing on tables at my gig before anyone shows up, until i can afford to buy a pair of my own

anyone who doesnt take advantage of free music is simply stupid...agreed that a DJ should have a command of the turntables and of vinyl, and be able to freely jump from table to cd and back, but there is so much music that comes out that is good, but tires quickly...why spend ten dollars if you might only play it once?

as with anything else in life.....its all about balance

BG

Originally posted by djbounce

what big DJs?

peace

bounce

i agree w/ you though..

i never said big dj's *choose* cd's over vinyl.. draper would be the only idiot who'd do that.. lmao

but guys like howells and tenaglia especially do use cd's alot.. tengalia makes his own edits of tracks very often and its much easier to burn a cdr then to get the vinyl pressed.. thats the reason why a lot of big dj's like them use it..

as for tiesto, he doesn't have to worry about ever spinning cd's b/c obviously when you play music thats 3 years old at every gig its already been pressed to vinyl.. hahahaha

ITs true yo, almost all DJ;s use a combo of Vinyl and CD's, the degree of which varies from DJ to DJ.

CD's are cheap, easy to reproduce, and are a lot cheaper than getting an acetate pressed for that mix or edit you've just done. If you want your music quick, and don't want to wait for the lable to send you vinyl, then you use a CD. Its just a tool.

As for CD players, Dual Denons used to be industry standard in amost all clubs, then the single pioneers started coming out. The nicer setups that I have seen use pioneers. If you have the money, I would say the Pioneers are nicer, but the denons work just as well, but aren't as nice to use, and are mad cheaper, yo.

:blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown:

anyone who doesnt take advantage of free music is simply stupid...

there you go...

one reason why I prefer vinyl over CD is that by purchasing the record I compensate the artist for the hard work he did in the studio while making the track - to some degree of course...

vinyl 4ever!

peace