Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Roxy Cp Card Holders From Bob

When we first started this party, we thought we could create a party that was more of a social scene perhaps a little more commercial. In speaking to lainie we agreed to give out over 350 vip cards to cp members. This courtesy was a gesture of good will and to thank the original cp heads that came and supported vicious and hopefully the party itself. The party is now in its fourth month. As the party progressed we had many requests for guest dj's on an international level. We are trying to do that but there' one problem. They cost a lot of money. You have to fly them in sometimes first class and usually its two people, pick them up in a limo from the airport and bring them to the hotel. Later, take them from the hotel to the club and then bring them back to the hotel after the gig. Then, the next day, take them back to the airport. Then comes the promotional costs such as invitations, postage, distribution, radio if its a performance, additional sound requirements and their personal rider. There are times we need some help to cover the costs so that we may bring to you these special events. A $15.00 courtesy fee, being charged to only those people who have this card, we felt was a way to at least cover the additional costs we incurred. In this business sometimes its 4 steps forward and 1 step back. Thats the time when a party gives it back to the people. And sometimes we need help also from the people we look out for. In the so called super clubs left in new york, a courtesy charge of $15.00 for respected dj's of high quality is unheard of. Think about it. Roxy CP card holders, get in for free with no time frame, get in for free at exit on saturday before 1:30am, don't have to wait on line and get a reduced admission to dt's party at vinyl. There will be times in the future, when we will ask you to work with us. Most times, probably not, but when those times do come, just work with us. All of us including the staff, management, promoters, jv, as well as patrons want this party to work and guess what..it is. thanks...BOB

Yeah some people were bitching, but I'm just thinking about how helpful my Roxy card has been..

And before I had it, I was paying to go to the club just about every night.

So it's just an honor to have the card in the first place.

I dunno, like I posted in the Sticky, I think it's no big deal.