Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro Last Night...

Originally posted by lavendermenace

yeah, I had a really good time last night.

Had some serious girl time before centro (yeah we were doing each others hair and makeup and having pillow fights in our undies :tongue: )

Wool was very impressive. He dropped some choice oldies, and he genuinely looked like he was having a blast. nothing worse than a DJ who looks bored.

Ahprodite was ok, but yeah jump up alllll sounds the same. the thing about DnB is, I really like, but it takes a sick amount of energy to dance to it, After dancing for 15-20 minutes I need a nap. I just cant sustain it if the music gets boring.

oh shit, btw- holy fuckin scottyskribz all f-ed up and being "that guy" last night. hahahahaha, well, its a nice change, cause I'm always "that girl"

lovely seeing miss clubkat as well.

oh and all you other people I see every friggin day, yeah you guys too.

:rolleyes::tongue:

o and u got smacked in the face again

yeah, I had a really good time last night.

Had some serious girl time before centro (yeah we were doing each others hair and makeup and having pillow fights in our undies :tongue: )

:shaky:

I REALLY have to stop missing these things...

OH SHIT! I forgtot about that.

Its happened so many times now, I think I'm starting to get brain damage.

:rolleyes:

I just realized that you've yet to experience a flying back hand to the face courtesy of a dancing moi...

*note to self*

I had a good time last night...Did anyone else see that blonde girl with the huge tits (like a natural ddd) wearing the t shirt. She was trying to dance to the DnBass and it was soooo funny...She didnt seem to be self conscious about the size of those things either (considering the skimpy t shirt). I was actually flirting with her miserable friend sitting on the floor of the basement...Anyway, I had an overall awesome night and must say that I would like to see d n bass take off here like it has in the UK (where it is real popular...in fact, i'd go as far as saying its popularity is similar to House in the US) Anyway, have a good night people

Andrew

hey... im so mad. i tired gettin on the messgesboard yesterday to find out about the meetup but of course aol was saying some stupid shit like error and all that shit so i never found out. i was there though. I dont really care for dnb so i was downstairs most of the time. and it was good had some sucky parts here and there. met a lot of ppl the vibe was def. nice and the workers at centro were nice too hehe. well im out. laterz

j =)

Originally posted by trancend

yeah, i wasnt feeling very motivated...i think its cuz mike didnt show up:mad: i needed someone whos dancing was just as outlandish as mine:laugh:

Sorry brotha man.

But Mike was..... you guessed it...

D-R-U-N-K

joeg: no easy way to break it to ya but to just come out and say it... ya shoulda stayed cuz reid speed didn't make it due to some surgery she had a few days ago and was still recovering, and dj wool came back on at like 2:30am to fill in until closing... !!! also, aphrodite mixed up styles more after u left... he got into some techstep then some hardcore then back to jump-up then some oldskool shitz to cool it down for wool's second set.

and yeah, JUMP-UP gets tiresome.

i mean, even the centro-fly email newsletter called

his style "a guilty pleasure" - any one of those songs

is good, but more then half an hour of it in one shot

gets to be a bit much... all about that Hoover bassline

(an oldskool producer, one of the early pioneers of jump-up,

Literally sampled a hoover vacuum and worked with edited

loops of the sample, modifying the pitch with the rhythm to

generate a sound that never lets up, has no pauses, and just

is so drippy-cheesy with bass it's ridiculous.)

here's what i wish i had been hearing some more of, though:

http://krisgale.com/noise/mix/rekall__an_introduction__03_09_2002.m3u

(the mp3, for those that can't stream in winamp...

http://krisgale.com/noise/mix/rekall__an_introduction__03_09_2002.mp3)