Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro Last Night...

Aside from an unnecessary 20 minutes line... Everything was pretty good...

Wool started the night off with some breaks, and later moved into dnb (didn't know he spun dnb... pretty good too). I was a little dissapointed because they had a rotary mixer up there so he wasn't really able to do much scratching, but he still played a solid set...

Later on, Aphrodite took the stage... He was pretty good for an hour or 2... but by like 2'ish everyone seemed to be getting a little tired of dnb in general...

I left shortly there after, not sure when/how reid speed was... Someone fill in the blanks?

Nice seeing a large cp crowd out... Props to all of you (you know who you are)

Originally posted by trancend

yeah it was fun

i had to leave before reid speed though:( but aphrodite was sick, i loved it

somebitch, jerseyguidette, and cutie - nice meeting you - oh wait, we didnt meet....did you guys come?

lmoa...

Yeah we had a nice 12:30 meetup... Nice to finally meet the face behind "trancend"... I've been dying to meet you ever since I signed up on cp!!!

Hey, I just remembered, I never got to see the Echostar Jungle Hop... wtf...

I'd like to now quote the fine linguistic dexterity of a certain Ishkur (of Ishkur's guide to electronic music's fame) on a relatively unique aspect of Jump-up Drum n Bass that a few of us discovered at approximately 1:30 am this morning on the dancefloor of Centro-Fly...

And I quote...

"Every fucking song is the same!!!! EVERY GOD DAMN FUCKING SONG!!!

Now, having said that. I'd like to reiterate that it was quite a pleasure seeing some fellow CP members. And overall, the atmosphere (as well as the centro-fly staff) was quite pleasant.

Originally posted by joeg

Hey, I just remembered, I never got to see the Echostar Jungle Hop... wtf...

yeah, i wasnt feeling very motivated...i think its cuz mike didnt show up:mad: i needed someone whos dancing was just as outlandish as mine:laugh:

yeah, i wasnt feeling very motivated...i think its cuz mike didnt show up:mad: i needed someone whos dancing was just as outlandish as mine:laugh:

lol, yeah, I feel more comfortable to dance when you two are around...

but it was kinda packed anyway...

Originally posted by jayp

i love how its not till after i get there that i realize i cant stand drum n bass.

o well wool ripped it nice seein ya guys

but...but...but...DnB is good...

it's just JUMP UP...of which Aphrodite plays non-stop...

:mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

want me to hold your hand next time

lol, no, just dance around erratically so I don't feel self conscious about whatever i'm doing, maryanne...

:)

Jayp: haha, I can't tell which you didn't like more... dnb or my introduction to my friend addressing you as "the OTHER joe"... lol... I think your eyes rolled into the back of your head on that one... oh, and yes, wool did tear it up... as per usual.

Originally posted by xpander

but...but...but...DnB is good...

it's just JUMP UP...of which Aphrodite plays non-stop...

:mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

ok ok ok ok yeah ya got me some of it is good....... like bukem is one of my favorite dj's but he's also one of the few dnb dj's i can put up with. maybe cuz his track selection deals with melody and not "BOOMTSSTBOOMBOOMBOOMGETUPGETUPBOOMBOOMBOOMTSST"

For hours on end.

plus conrad is sick

april 23rd woot

Originally posted by jayp

ok ok ok ok yeah ya got me some of it is good....... like bukem is one of my favorite dj's but he's also one of the few dnb dj's i can put up with. maybe cuz his track selection deals with melody and not "BOOMTSSTBOOMBOOMBOOMGETUPGETUPBOOMBOOMBOOMTSST"

For hours on end.

plus conrad is sick

april 23rd woot

BUKEM!!!!!!!

yeah, I had a really good time last night.

Had some serious girl time before centro (yeah we were doing each others hair and makeup and having pillow fights in our undies :tongue: )

Wool was very impressive. He dropped some choice oldies, and he genuinely looked like he was having a blast. nothing worse than a DJ who looks bored.

Ahprodite was ok, but yeah jump up alllll sounds the same. the thing about DnB is, I really like, but it takes a sick amount of energy to dance to it, After dancing for 15-20 minutes I need a nap. I just cant sustain it if the music gets boring.

oh shit, btw- holy fuckin scottyskribz all f-ed up and being "that guy" last night. hahahahaha, well, its a nice change, cause I'm always "that girl"

lovely seeing miss clubkat as well.

oh and all you other people I see every friggin day, yeah you guys too.

:rolleyes::tongue: