Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha & Digweed at Glowbana (?)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . That's such a lame fucking name . . . :smoke: . . . . :laugh: . . . sounds like a synonym for . . . err. . .I don't know . . . but I'm sure it'll involve pack animals and scotch tape. . . .

. . . Sounds like they'd make it cool if they ever got around to actually making it .. . the club that is . . :smoke: . . . I'm gonna stop now . . . :tongue: . . .

alexandra, hehe, i -always- thought twilo was a pretty neat name... sounds kinda spacey... and by extension, i suppose we all get a lil 'spaced out' while deep in the midst of good music sometimes :P...

glowbana is such a silly name!

but like some other people here, i'll go watch them regardless of where they spin, idontcareifitsinasewer damnit

in speaking to the head of PR for the delta heavy tour a few weeks back, he confessed to me that the april 12th show in NYC was going to be at the hammerstein ballroom, with the phazon sound system following the tour every city they go to. as for the april 13th date, i have no idea about, as I did not even bother asking, so your guess is as good as mine. although i find it odd that they have no yet revealed venues or started heavy promoting. then again, s&d in NY pretty much sells itself, so no need for excessive promotion. in any case, they are sure to be great shows.

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

in speaking to the head of PR for the delta heavy tour a few weeks back, he confessed to me that the april 12th show in NYC was going to be at the hammerstein ballroom, with the phazon sound system following the tour every city they go to. as for the april 13th date, i have no idea about, as I did not even bother asking, so your guess is as good as mine. although i find it odd that they have no yet revealed venues or started heavy promoting. then again, s&d in NY pretty much sells itself, so no need for excessive promotion. in any case, they are sure to be great shows.

hammerstein is already booked those nights

I looked up "glowbana" on google and here's what I found...

this is from the Essential mix Mailing List Message Boards, (http://www.dbaseiv.net/lists/emml/2602.html) check it out:

-----------

Re: Fave clubs?

Date: 01/22/02

Glowbana is not actually a "new twilo", it is it's own seperate identity... it is going to be called glowbana and will be done by the people who used to run the Shelter nights at Vinyl... shelter now has bought up the space that used to be named Speeed... not only that, but they also purchased the Phazon system from Twilo (including the system from the Y2K lounge; this is where

the "new twilo" rumour lies... this is indeed a full Phazon installation as Steve Dash is doing the acoustical work as we

speak... the processors from Twilo were eliminated and brand new ones were purchased which will give the sound a much warmer feel to it... the mixers will ALL be the new Steve Dash models... he grew weary of trying to track down parts for the Ureis and never liked the Rane knob mixer so he made his

own... The space itself will no longer be known as Speeed... look for Shelter's symbol to appear on the face of the building

very soon...

This will be one of the PREMIER rooms in New York and expect LEGENDARY parties to happen there... This is absolutely the beginning of a new era in NYC clubbing... think about it... all the rooms that defined clubland in NYC during the 90's have pretty much all shut their doors or grown insignificant in the wider scale of things... W 27th St. is DONE. The Limelight is a joke any more. Roxy will always be a roller rink, regardless of the rumoured Phazon ends up in there... New rooms are opening up... there are rumours of a 18,000 squ ft abandoned flour factory on the west side that is being remodeled as we speak into a landmark second-to-none super club. Glowbana keeps surfacing as Twilo's phoenix rising from the ashes... As depressed as the city's club outlook has been, I imagine that we as a city will expeience a

renaissance in club culture...

note: this has been somewhat paraphrased from some info from a friend who REALLY knows the inside scoop...

-----------------------

Okay, in an attempt to settle this once and for all, I just called a few of the venues in question, and this is what they said re:S&D next month:

Exit: "yes, they are still scheduled to be playing here on April 12 & 13, but it hasn't been confirmed."

Hammerstein" "No, they are not scheduled to play here either April 12 or 13."

Roseland: "No, they are not scheduled to play here April 12 or 13, although both dates are still open."

Roxy: "No, April 12 and 13 will be the usual Friday and Saturday night parties."

Balance Promotions (in FL): "actually, we haven't settled on a venue for the New York shows yet... try calling back at the end of the month, or call Delta Heavy directly, but we haven't heard any updates in a few weeks."

Delta Heavy (in NY): "we haven't decided on a venue in NYC yet, but they will definitely be playing in NYC both April 12 and 13."

SO, apparently NO ONE knows where the hell they will be spinning. Ahhh!

Hey, does anyone have John or Sasha's #? ;)

xoxo

Alexandra

you coulda jus caled me..i coulda told you that they're scheduled to appear in one of the cp hedz shower

Originally posted by Alexandra

Okay, in an attempt to settle this once and for all, I just called a few of the venues in question, and this is what they said re:S&D next month:

Exit: "yes, they are still scheduled to be playing here on April 12 & 13, but it hasn't been confirmed."

Hammerstein" "No, they are not scheduled to play here either April 12 or 13."

Roseland: "No, they are not scheduled to play here April 12 or 13, although both dates are still open."

Roxy: "No, April 12 and 13 will be the usual Friday and Saturday night parties."

Balance Promotions (in FL): "actually, we haven't settled on a venue for the New York shows yet... try calling back at the end of the month, or call Delta Heavy directly, but we haven't heard any updates in a few weeks."

Delta Heavy (in NY): "we haven't decided on a venue in NYC yet, but they will definitely be playing in NYC both April 12 and 13."

SO, apparently NO ONE knows where the hell they will be spinning. Ahhh!

Hey, does anyone have John or Sasha's #? ;)

xoxo

Alexandra

Hmmmm, how about everyone just waits rather than speculates??? I mean, it's not as if they're not here every 2 months anyway, and I'm sure once things are settled you'll see more flyers all over the place than for anything in recent history, especially if they're expecting to sell out two nights in a row. I guess everyone just has to be the coolest kid on the block :hat:

Sorry bout that, just bitter that S+D are here for consecutive dates while Rennie Pilgrem is bypassing NYC altogether...

Honey, S&D *AREN'T* here "every 2 months" anymore -- that's precisely why everyone (well, me) is bugging out!

The only time in the past year S&D have spun (together) in NYC was the night before Thanksgiving at Cipriani last year, and the last time before that was about a year earlier because Digweed spun by himself for the remainer of their Twilo residency in 2001...

I never missed a S&D night at Twilo since 1997, but it just goes to show you really never know what you've got...until its gone!

xoxo

Alexandra

Originally posted by o-jay®

This is either the biggest scam in recent NYC clubbing history or simply brilliant.

I totally agree. Because look at this thread, everyone is flipping out about whether or not this thing is real or not. If the fabled Glowbana is not a hoax, then you know we will all have the urge to check it out just because of all the hype we have given it over the past couple months. It IS fucking brilliant.

ps. i STILL know something you dont know :D

WE NEEEEEEED A NEW CLUB.........exit is wack and the world is wack.....those places cant hold sasha and digweed....ive never seen them live..i know i know......but im not going to see them at exit or the world.......something is going down.....

Originally posted by msoprano13

WE NEEEEEEED A NEW CLUB.........exit is wack and the world is wack.....those places cant hold sasha and digweed....ive never seen them live..i know i know......but im not going to see them at exit or the world.......something is going down.....

Is this the same Msoprano that when I used to read this board last year say that "Twilo is wack, I only speak the truth" and he did like Exit and Draper? ;)

Originally posted by msoprano13

Is this the same Msoprano that when I used to read this board last year say that "Twilo is wack, I only speak the truth" and he did like Exit and Draper too at this time? ;)