Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Delta Heavy Sasha and Digweed at Miami Arena in danger of being cancelled

miamiarena

Delta Heavy Sasha and Digweed at Miami Arena in danger of being cancelled

The Delta Heavy Tour featuring Sasha and Digweed is in serious danger of being cancelled due to very poor ticket sales. The event scheduled for Saturday March 23rd at the Miami Arena has being troubled from the start. A late decision by promoters to go ahead with the event and serious competition from the already well established Ultra Festival were most likely the cause for such poor ticket sales. Promoters denied commenting on whether the event would be moved to a future date. Sasha and Digweed who will most likely perform at Ultra should the event be cancelled could not be reached for comments. This event adds yet another stain on the already tainted Clear Channel Corporate event that has been publicly criticized for trying to monopolize the electronic dance music market.

Agreed- very poor planning. It's competing w/ Ultra not to mention all the other WMC parties. Plus, it will be easy enough to catch them during one of their other tour dates around the country, I'm really not surprised tickets aren't selling.

*I know they are crazy popular, but an arena show? That's awfully ambitious; it's difficult for mainstream pop acts to fill up arenas??? The rest of their tour dates are taking place at club venue's and not stadiums........whose idea was this?

I don't know about you guys, but...

This thread looks a little suspect to me.

Written to look like a news article, but where from? No signature, no source. Sounds like someone trying to make people think the gig might be cancelled.

"Sasha and Digweed who will most likely perform at Ultra should the event be cancelled" Where did thay get this from?

I don't buy it. Just my opinion.

ogmiami, I don't think they actually mean the whole tour will be canceled. I believe it's just poor wording on their part truethfully. The basically only pinpoint the Miami event which is merely the kick off show.

It's their own fault for placing that event the same day as Ultra. Most people will be there partying from noon to 1AM and don't want to take the chance of early ticket purchases due to possibly being exhausted by night's end.

If the entire tour does in fact get canceled, I see my love for Sasha dropping considerably. :(

hi everyone,

Im not one to doubt anything on this board ...like ogmiami said....but i also thik S&D @ the arena on that saturday was weird ..

like people say Ultra is taking a big bulk of the crowd that day and people will be worn out

and at the arena??? come on...

i think they got in over thier heads ..bad planning

i havent heard many people around nor on this board really siked about this event so i believe thier having poor ticket sales..

i couldve made that asumption on my own

i myself dont really care for S & D ...and lately they have been acting weird....they better be careful so many djs are williing to take thier place in a instant:rolleyes:

Who wants to see S & D at a stadium? Not me, it seems like that underground club feeling might get lost somewhere, not to mention the acoustic qualities of a gymnasium. Take them to space, crobar or billboard and worst case to level. That's my 2 cents.

peace

mj:cool:

Sasha and digweed are badasses. The problem is.. there is no demand for good music. thank god. I know i wouldent want to hear expander on the radio.. beleive it or not. i used to like sandstorm untill they played it a million times on 96.5. And about that whole stadium deal.. it was prolly some one promoting ultra : P to be quite honest i dont think they would like to play at a stadium anyways. ive seen the them together once and ive seen diggers a few times by himself and in all that time ive only seen him smile and dance while he was at simons in gainsville (hole in the wall).

THIS EVENT IS ON AS SCHEDULED!!!!

i dont know who this character is posting under the miamiarena name, but the show is on. im one of the managers for the company thats gonna be providing the security for both Ultra and S&D at the arena. and as a matter of fact we had meetings today with the clear channel people and the arena people, to get everything organized....

i don't know who this person is either but i work for creations which is one of the people throwing this party and i know for a fact that it's on!

altough i have no proof, i also beleave this is a plot by the ultra people to try and steal all the people. this post will be brought to the attention of all at creations and in turn those at clear channel.