Clubplanet Nightlife Community

for all you WWF fans that didnt get WRestlemania

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legend38, all your posts crack me up b/c you know your shit... Must be a pro wrestling torch reader (or observer)..lol

Show was good tonight but the ending was weak.

Brock Lesner is sick, Heyman will be a great mouthpiece for him

WCW did beat the WWF but it was 95-97, but then Stone Cold got hot and Raw took over in the ratings and never looked back.

Someone wanted to see Scott Steiner back, they have spoke to him many times and he would need to pass a physical. He stretches for over and hour before and after his matches b/c his back is so fucked up (years of juices is a nice guess why). WWF is open to him b/c he was cooporative at the last Nitro, he worked for Uncle Vince from 90-93.

Where was Austin tonight, no mention of him at all...???

Originally posted by legend38

OK,

The difference between WWF and WCW repetitive programming , in the instances you stated above, is this; all these acts are over with the WWF crowd. If they weren't, you would not have thousands of fans proclaiming "WHAT?!?!" or "If you smell what the rock is cookin". People go ballistic for that shit.

You're absolutely right... the stuff is WAY over with the crowd, which is one of the reasons why I don't like WWF, but liked WCW. The entire WWF crowd blindly supports the faces and will buy into any gimick they've got. There's nothing more grating to me than hearing 10s of thousands of fans scream "WHAT?" whenever any heel is talking. WWF fans only like faces, that's what's so annoying.

In the WCW the line between heels and faces was blurred better. The best angles always went to the heels, so you HAD to like them (they were hilarious for the most part). Because of this, everyone had something to cheer for, and it wasn't always the same thing.

This is how it was starting to go recently in the WWF too. When the nWo came back, half the crowd was cheering for them, half the crowd didn't like them... it was great (why should everyone love the same wrestlers?) But, as of the last two days, the WWF scrapped that entire angle. Since people weren't going to hate Hogan, they made him a face... that's just AWFUL. It's exactly why I don't like WWF.

Originally posted by thesandman

Legend38, all your posts crack me up b/c you know your shit... Must be a pro wrestling torch reader (or observer)..lol

Show was good tonight but the ending was weak.

Brock Lesner is sick, Heyman will be a great mouthpiece for him

LOL!! well I have been watching this shit since I was 5, and I will be 20 next week. I follow it pretty closely. I have a respect for it.

I agree with you about Heyman, this kid is getting a big push with Heyman in his corner.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

In the WCW the line between heels and faces was blurred better. The best angles always went to the heels, so you HAD to like them (they were hilarious for the most part). Because of this, everyone had something to cheer for, and it wasn't always the same thing.

WCW had so much more talent then the WWF at the time, they really could of owned pro wrestling. The only reason i watched WCW was the talent, the angles and booking were fuckin terrible.

Too bad no one could run that company properly.