Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pavel Bure Traded To Rangersssssssss

I really dont know how to feel about this trade. The best thing about it is the fact the Rangers didnt have to give away York in this deal. But they gave away a first and a second round pick in this years draft.....The trend continues. Teams rebuild off players and picks they get from the Rangers while we get older.....Another good thing is that Bure is capable of scoring alot of goals. But, because of that he is a one way player that doesnt bring a winning attitude to the team. And that has been the Rangers biggest problem the last 5-6 years. Alot of high priced players but not enough of those with the winning attitude that it takes to win in the NHL......

Originally posted by Unbound

fimally he and ricter will make up and hug after he stoned him in the 93-94 cup finals ... aww

Bure will be the first ranger superstar aquired player under the age of 40

That was my favorite moment of that Stanley cup year.... other then the actual winning of the cup.

alright!!!!!!!!

congratulations rangers!!!!!

now you can feel even worse when they dont make the playoffs.....typical rangers and their fans......all excited for nothing......i remember hearing the same excitement when you got lindros.......look at where you are now.....fighting for the last spot.....maybe you can make a deal with them.....offer theo fleury a nice rock and im sure he will step it up some....

bottom line:: RANGERS GOT NOTHING.....BESIDES YOU GOT AT LEAST ANOTHER 48 YEARS BEFORE YOU CAN PLAN ON WINNING ANOTHER CUP!!!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!

Give me a break.....The rangers made a great deal......They gave up nothing for bure who is one of the top players in the game. Florida was terrible. they have no one down there. You put bure on a line with lindros and mccarthy and watch what happens. That in turn might be enough to get nedved's ass in gear by putting him with Fluerry and York. Now lets hope they get another defenseman. The rangers are a win now team. Always have been and Always will be. no one wants to pay those prices for a team that can't make the play offs. The garden will be empty like it was last year and this year for the knicks.

i am a HUGE rangers fan.

but this trade SUCKS!!! having the highest pay roll doesn't make u a winning team. management thinks that having a bunch of stars is enough to pack the garden, and they are probably right.

why can't we build a team? the 94 team was a team with some veterans added late. not just a group of mercenaries. they loved to play the game.

Originally posted by barvybe

i am a HUGE rangers fan.

but this trade SUCKS!!! having the highest pay roll doesn't make u a winning team. management thinks that having a bunch of stars is enough to pack the garden, and they are probably right.

why can't we build a team? the 94 team was a team with some veterans added late. not just a group of mercenaries. they loved to play the game.

Bro....What are you talking about.........They built the 94 team the same way.....Through trades.....The NHL draft is not like the NFL. It takes years to rebuild through the draft. very rarely does a player make an impact right out of the draft. Usually they float around in the minors or juniors for a couple of years before they are ready for the NHL. take a look at the better players on the 94 team and see where they got them from.......TRADES or Free Agency.......

Messier, Graves, Buekaboom, Lowe, tikkanen, MacTavish all came from the oilers......

Noonan and Matteau from chicago.

Anderson from the leafs.

The only two brought through the system were leetch and Richter.

This trade was outstanding. Ulanov is a bum. I wouldn't trade a pack of gum for him. They dumped his two million salary on Florida. Bure is one of the best players in the world. Well worth the $$$$$ The trade was a no brainer. The only thing that made sense in your post was about payroll. This is a big step for the rangers and hopefully they will be playing when it counts now!!!!!!!

all i gotta say is Rangers suck ass. with the biggest salary cap in NHL, they are on the bottom of the shitpile. GAVNO!!! fuck rangers, Red Wings all the fuckin way!! besides Bure is an overrated fuck, he wouldnt be as popular without the Kornikova connection. mmmm kornikova :)

ok, good points but:

u missed a few players like sundstrom, zubov and kovalev for example (and there were a few others if i didn't get stuff mixed up).

graves and buekaboom and lowe had, if i'm not mistaken, been there for a few years and played like a team. and they were tough, team leader types. the rangers weren't just going out and getting the biggest names of the oldest players and trying to put them on the team.

then as the season progressed and they had to fill a few holes they went out and picked up a few additional veterans and were careful about CHEMESTRY when they did so.

they have a HUGE payroll now. its ridiculous. they make decisions based on ticket draw, not winning. otherwise messier wouldn't have been brought back. it would be nice to see the rangers get a core of 8 or so talented players and have a good team for a few years with players u could start to associate with instead of a new star every year. cobbling stars together obviously doesn't work or the rangers would be one of the best teams in the league.

i don't debate that bure is better than ulanov, but how about what happens next year? or the year after that? we gonna trade a 40 year old richter for something? and Bure ain't gonna get them to the finals. the only people who care that they make it at least one round are the ticket collectors at the garden.

Originally posted by unclebuc

Bro....What are you talking about.........They built the 94 team the same way.....Through trades.....The NHL draft is not like the NFL. It takes years to rebuild through the draft. very rarely does a player make an impact right out of the draft. Usually they float around in the minors or juniors for a couple of years before they are ready for the NHL. take a look at the better players on the 94 team and see where they got them from.......TRADES or Free Agency.......

Messier, Graves, Buekaboom, Lowe, tikkanen, MacTavish all came from the oilers......

Noonan and Matteau from chicago.

Anderson from the leafs.

The only two brought through the system were leetch and Richter.

This trade was outstanding. Ulanov is a bum. I wouldn't trade a pack of gum for him. They dumped his two million salary on Florida. Bure is one of the best players in the world. Well worth the $$$$$ The trade was a no brainer. The only thing that made sense in your post was about payroll. This is a big step for the rangers and hopefully they will be playing when it counts now!!!!!!!

They dealt York to Edmonton for Poti and Rem Murray today.....I am pissed off as hell. York busted his ass for this team every day and he's going to be good in the future. So management decides to trade the one player that shows up to play every game for a physical defenseman. This after Sather signed or traded for Ulanov, Karpa, and Berard in the offseason.......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by sandman1130

Rangers still s*ck a fat one!!!!!!!!!!! Let's Go DEVILS

w00h00!!!

now if the islanders would cut it out

and just go back to sucking like they

always have, we'd have a chance... :)

seriously, where'd they suddenly get talent?!

Originally posted by barvybe

... having the highest pay roll doesn't make u a winning team. management thinks that having a bunch of stars is enough to pack the garden, and they are probably right.

tell that to the detroit red wings, they got the honor with the leagues highest payroll along with the best record in the league, and most likley they're going to win the cup.

right now, lindros, fleury, nedved, and leetch are not scoring enough, and with mess and dvorak out, the blueshirts need something to jumpstart the slumping offense. bure can be that spark the rangers need.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

They dealt York to Edmonton for Poti and Rem Murray today.....I am pissed off as hell. York busted his ass for this team every day and he's going to be good in the future. So management decides to trade the one player that shows up to play every game for a physical defenseman. This after Sather signed or traded for Ulanov, Karpa, and Berard in the offseason.......:mad: :mad: :mad:

YOU GOT TO TRADE TALENT TO GET TALENT!!!

poti is an olympian, a big D-man that can breathe some life in the rangers' horrible defense. the rangers need poti than they need york; bure can fit in with lindros and fluery with no problem, while the rangers need somebody to take the burden off of leetch and malakov.

the rangers didn't trade for ulanov, he was signed as a free agent. karpa has been quite disapointing, while berarad has been playing decent hockey of late, but he still can do a lot better.