Clubplanet Nightlife Community

college and dorming!!!

Rutgers does not have the prettiest dorms, but in your sophmore year they offer some nice apartments on Busch and I don't know how the Easton Ave. apartments work, but you can ask Teklord310. There is also a shitload of off campus housing in the Rutgers area. It's alittle pricey but better than the dorms.

Not that it might even be an option, but the dorms at Columbia are probably the cheapest housing in the city that aren't publicly subsidized (aside from educational block grants). I have some friends staying up there paying about 1/3 what I am down at NYU *blargh*

If you wait a little bit, things look like they're going to get really cheap in battery city. The city is trying to pass an initiative that cuts up to $12,000 in property taxes for residential building owners in the area since there's all that noise and asbestos flying around down there. In any case, if it does pass, that will probably be about the only place in the city proper (outside of Was. Heights) where you'll be able to find an apartment for less than a grand.

well first of all i don't think you should pick a college based on how nice their dorms are but anyway.

nyu has very nice dorms but of course they are way too pricey. everything is at least 10k next year so i'm pretty much fucked.

as for nj, there's a whole bunch of rutgers people on the board. i like their easton ave apts on campus and the other off campus easton apts aren't too bad, you just gotta pay about 800$ monthly rent. the few ones i've seen at monmouth u are ok too.

columbia/barnard has nice housing too, plus if you're at least somewhat competent you can be an ra and get free housing and a single when you're a sophomore. at least that's what my sister did.

i would not recommend living at home and commuting unless you live really close to your school. and by close i mean less than an hour away. it's not worthy the time and trouble, plus dorming is all part of the college experience.

good luck!

the NYU dorms...you luck out to get a good one.

the prettiest ones are downtown in the financial district but NO ONE wants to be down there now

Freshman year, you pretty much live in a jail cell

Soph year, you're fucked

Just cross your fingers about junior and senior year...maybe i'll get a single next year :blank:

I dont know what im going to do. My rents are movin to fla...and i really dont wanna go and if i do go they're moving to a retirment community...lol a 20 yr old there lol... anyways so i would have to board at a school down there anyway so i dont know if i should try something new and go to fla and dorm or just stay here and dorm somewhere?? so thats why im looking into this.

Shouldn't your decision be based on what school you like and/or get into? NYU and Columbia/Barnard have some pretty good dorms and from what I've heard Hunter has limited dorms and are usually offered to those from out of state. But why limit yourself to NY or Florida? Have you considered schools in Boston or upstate NY or even the west coast? Whatever it is that you decide, make sure to visit first before accepting! Key, key point! Good luck. :hat:

I swear - the best dorms are at Fordham @ lincoln center. They are a brand new high-rise building right off of Columbus Circle, and and a connected to the campus w/ a corridor. They are great quality, spacious, and look like apartments. have like the best view! and only 8,000/9 months. I still think its a ripoff and would never dorm.