Clubplanet Nightlife Community

when talking to people at clubs. . .

and you can't really hear what they're saying, do you:

- keep asking them "what? i can't hear you" and make them repeat themselves,

- get bits and pieces and try to say somefink related

- just nod your head and say "yeh" a lot

(reason why i ask is b/c when i was trying to talk to shady last night, but all he would do was nod, smile and say "hell yeah" every so often :tongue:;) )

One of the biggest things I hate in life is trying to carry on a conversation in the club. So I usually try to keep the talking to a minimum. I rarely speak in complete sentences, cause I've actually had embarassing situations where I've yelled out a story at the top of my lungs, only to have some embarrassing words be heard by all as I yell them out right as the music hits a breakdown.

This one time, I was talking to this chick and I was joking around and told her that to get a dildo, for some reason. Anyways, it was completely funny in context, but right then, the music hit a breakdown. And everyone around me heard me yelling at the top of my lungs "GET A DILDO!" So ever since then I have reservations about trying to yell out a conversation over loud music.

Talking at clubs? I make hand signals to guys, but I talk softly to women so they get up close to me and brush their body against mine and I get to smell them. It's a nice change from everybody else stepping on my feet and bumping into me all night.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Sometimes if the conversation gets too out of hand, I'll just pretend like I'm fucked up.

Oh, shit. I just gave away my secrets. :rolleyes:

Ha ha! Yeah, I feel ya. I end up doing that sometimes too.

I usually just smile and nod and shout "Yeah!" It sucks even worse for me because I'm over a foot taller than most people I talk to at parties. Think about this, most people talking to each other have their ears down in the crowd, protected by a mass of bodies. But me, on the other hand, is getting blasted directly in the head from the music. Don't get me wrong, I love it! But I can't hear 5HIT when normal people are talking to each other.

I swear, every goddamn time I go to a party, my back is killing me! From sitting on the floor? No. From not resting? No. From dancing too hard? No. From f'ing bending over all night so I can participate in converations!

Forget pretending I'm f'ed up! I think I'm gonna start preteneing I'm a deaf mute. But then.... what would a deaf mute be doing at a rave? Ugh... :confused:

Originally posted by crank47

smile and nod, smile and nod.... if it seems important, I'll do the "WHAT" thing.

As far as talking to girls, yea, I've done the Miller Lite thing many times:

"Can't remember her name? Just smile big, nod when she talks and have your friend introduce himself."

I'm bad with names when I get fucked up at the club, so I usually have to resort to either that, or the phone trick. Which is when you ask for her number, program it into your phone as she tells it to you, and then say "ok, how do you spell your name", when you have to program that part in. Or you can just give her the phone and get her to do it all for you, just make sure you look at her name before she exits out....

Originally posted by andre9000

I'm bad with names when I get fucked up at the club, so I usually have to resort to either that, or the phone trick. Which is when you ask for her number, program it into your phone as she tells it to you, and then say "ok, how do you spell your name", when you have to program that part in. Or you can just give her the phone and get her to do it all for you, just make sure you look at her name before she exits out....

I'm horrible with names as well (which sucks, cause I'm in sales). My number one trick is to introduce the other person to someone I know. But the introduction has to be sneaky. I say "Hey, meet my friend Bob". Then Bob will shake hands with the unknown person. And usually, the unknown person will say "Hi, my name is suchandsuch". Problem solved.

Damn. Another one of my secrets is out. :(

I'm horrible with names as well (which sucks, cause I'm in sales). My number one trick is to introduce the other person to someone I know. But the introduction has to be sneaky. I say "Hey, meet my friend Bob". Then Bob will shake hands with the unknown person. And usually, the unknown person will say "Hi, my name is suchandsuch". Problem solved.

Damn. Another one of my secrets is out. :(

Chicks know that one. And if you try that shit alot of the times they know that you have forgotten thier name. So here is what I do:

1. Pick-pocket the girl then go to the bathroom and read her I.D.

and since you just stole her car keys too, she'll need a ride home.

2. "what should I call you in the Morning?"

3. "You remind me so much of this girl I slept with last week, and I can't remember her name either."

4. "What the hell is your name again?"

5. "So is your friend really down for the three-some or are you just fucking w/ me?" She might not ever talk to again, but it's worth a shot.

Guest jroo

And everyone around me heard me yelling at the top of my lungs "GET A DILDO!" So ever since then I have reservations about trying to yell out a conversation over loud music.

hahahhahaha, im gonna start yelling "get a dildo" at everyone breakdown i hear for now on, thats funny shit