Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTV Sucks

Originally posted by bobross

aw, i thought this was an anti-mtv post... i hate that channel. i can deal with mtv2 though, they actually play music on there.

How is MTV2 :confused:

I will be getting that and TVLand in April to replace the Metro Learning channel. I hear they play non-stop music--is that POSSIBLE?

Yeah, I can't believe how good it used to be like 6 years ago and how bad it is now. It used to cater to the alternative rock crowd and played reall quality videos. Now it caters to teenie boppers. USA used to have the best MTV, now I'm its no better than the uro-trash MTV wich plays the same 20 over and over for months. Fucken cancun - that shit gets on my nerves, its fucken moronic!

can they publically degrade people anymore.....im all for the action but not on public tv...cancun is as commercial as it gets.....

i love when i tell people im going to ibiza and they are like,,who,,,,wtf is ibiza,,,my immediate reaction following this statement is:biggrin: :biggrin:

Originally posted by msoprano13

i love when i tell people im going to ibiza and they are like,,who,,,,wtf is ibiza,,,my immediate reaction following this statement is:biggrin: :biggrin:

LMAO

people are fuckin ignorant, they go back to the same spot to listen to the same pop shit and look down at anything that constitutes real music. You know something, people going to cancun over and over again and thinking its the shit, are just like the people who go to the same club over and over again listening to the same DJ, and when you show them some quality music they just frown on it and say "we want draper" (you what night I'm talking about!!!)

Originally posted by mist

LMAO

people are fuckin ignorant, they go back to the same spot to listen to the same pop shit and look down at anything that constitutes real music. You know something, people going to cancun over and over again and thinking its the shit, are just like the people who go to the same club over and over again listening to the same DJ, and when you show them some quality music they just frown on it and say "we want draper" (you what night I'm talking about!!!)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i definately know what night you are talking about

Forget who's performing or what kind of music is being played. It seems that all the eye candy there makes the trip worthwhile!

Damn, I sure wish I had done that stuff over my spring breaks instead of doing things like trying to find a summer job related to my major (which didn't happen that year), and working on a project in order to graduate on time (which also didn't happen).

I guess I still have opportunities as a old working fogey, with some money to boot, but with only two weeks vacation time each year, I need to be selective and there's lots of other places I wanna visit and things I wanna do.

Also, has anyone here also been frequently hit with bad weather whenever they went to some tropical type of place? It happened to me when I went to Puerto Rico and Miami. :mad:

Over there, when it rains, it pours.

Originally posted by dw

Forget who's performing or what kind of music is being played. It seems that all the eye candy there makes the trip worthwhile!

Exactly. Finally someone who is on the same level. I spend most of the year following the music, for one week I'll allow myself to forget about the music. Although if I had my choice I would be in Miami right now, but school is in the way. :(

Speaking of eye candy, CP probably has a good amount of it

Ok, maybe in Cancun, there are more peeps and they're less inhibited, but maybe we could do the next best thing around here... I hope we do a beach meetup soon, and I hope more people show up than last time (at JH's Surf Club, where I think a good number of CP-ers came, but couldn't find each other). Howz that sound? What would be a good location, with not only a good beach and facilities, but would be relatively easy for most of us (especially the city peeps) to get to?