Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deeeee-lite! (What ever happened to..)

I'm listening to "sampladelic Relics & Dancefloor Oddities".

It's soooo good! I miss these guys so much! I hear them dropped once in a while in a Set here in there but I really wish they would all get back together and make a "come back!" Does anyone know where everyone went from Deelite? And if they plan of ever getting back together?

I want the "GROOVE" Back in the heart!:(

Dee-Lite came out with a Greatest Hits album a month ago,

with all their best stuff. The name skips my mind, but I know

it's out there ;)

Im not sure what their plans are, but i saw their DJ at Soundfactory last summer, so they're still partying around:D

Originally posted by crobra

Jesus - how old were when they were on top - when did you start going to clubs - 8!! haha lol

haha very funny.

deeelite has been one of my favorites for years, the very first "dance" music

I ever really got into...which was 'bout 6 or 7 years ago, so there! :D

Hell YES!!! Excellent thread...fuckin i loveeeeeeeeeee dee-lite...always ahve..fuckin occassionally blast Infinity Within in my car...great album along with World Clique.As It's known, Lady Miss Kier is in the dj scene and one sickkkkkk ass drum-n-bass dj.SUPERSTAR DJ DIMITRY is supposed to be coming back real soon to MINT to spin cause he missed the last time and they are re-booking him.

TOWA TEI

attachment.php?s=&postid=744858

Japanese-born DJ Towa Tei first earned notice for his production work on the Jungle Brothers' 1989 LP Done by the Forces of Nature; the following year he shot to fame as a member of the downtown New York club trio Deee-Lite, scoring an international hit with the classic "Groove Is in the Heart." After two LP's, 1990's World Clique and 1992's Infinity Within, Towa Tei left the group to begin working on solo projects; his debut LP Future Listening!, a montage of bossa nova, jazz and electronic dance music, appeared in 1995. His second album for Elektra, 1998's Sound Museum, was followed by Last Century Modern in 1999. ~ Jason Ankeny, All Music Guide

LADY KIER

attachment.php?s=&postid=744864

Known as the vocalist, lyricist, co. producer, co writer ,and floor shaker for the now defunct dance band DEEE-LITE ,Kier Kirby A.K.A. Lady Kier , is currently in the studio preparing her first solo LP . When the band split up in '95 she moved from NY to London , and started DJing state side to test her plates . The N.Y. batchlorette of Irish , French,and English descent is launching an independent label in conjunction with B.I.T.C.H. publishing ( Being in Technological Courageous , harmony) some time in the year 2000. She programs her own trax & co. produces with other UK luminaries . The positive lyrics blend psychedelia , sociopolitical issues , and liberating affairs of the heart.

Sadly I couldn't find much info on "SUPA" DJ Dmtri...

I know he relreased a CD called "Higher screams of Consiousness"

a couple years back and toured a bit..

However his 411 is rather slim on the web...

(Anyone with info to add is greatly appreciated)

:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

i heard groove is in the heart one time at the lunaterium (on my birthday actually dec 15) right after reid speed's set and i went nuts... soon after (or before?) i also heard rockit by herbie hancock...

aaaah some music is just timeless and unique.

Originally posted by thehacker

i heard groove is in the heart one time at the lunaterium (on my birthday actually dec 15) right after reid speed's set and i went nuts... soon after (or before?) i also heard rockit by herbie hancock...

HELL FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuckin the dj was playing Jeff Mills-Alarms...then fuckin turned off the turntable and let the song drain out...then u hear out of no where the begining of Groove is in the heart where it goes "...and have some fun " then fuckin i went ape shit so did the other 1,000 or so people...fuckin that smurfy motherfucker was right near me...gmccookny...we had a goddamn blast even though syndereall420 is madddddd lazy and never got them pics developed and scanned and posted. :( ...oh and shortly thereafter...he played Herbie Hancock-rockit..and there was this wholeeeeee fuckin b-boy break circle with some kids even spinning on their heads on the concrete floor with NO HELMET!! :eek:

Originally posted by blueskygirl

Danny played Groove Is In the Heart at Space at around 5pm last month.

I was at muscle failure by then, but somehow managed to BUST MAD MOVES anyway...

Hugs!

BSG

wanna play the nipple game? ;)

I remember that... I was just walking in as it came on, and everyone was going nuts...

I've been thinking about this for the last two months...thought I was alone on that thought....I still pop in their cds once in a while...I'm showing my age but back in the day, we had a dance crew that competed and guess what song we used in the finals..."What Is Love"...I even had my sister paint the words on a pair of jeans, "I just wanna hear a good beat.."...seemed like a good idea back then...:rolleyes:

. . .DUUUUDE!! . . . Rockit was actually mixed right after Groove is in the heart . . . It was soo fucking awesome watching that floor move to those two songs . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . .DUUUUDE!! . . . Rockit was actually mixed right after Groove is in the heart . . . It was soo fucking awesome watching that floor move to those two songs . . .

First night I met all you fuckers~

DAMN I MISS LUNATERIUM PARTIES!

Originally posted by crobra

You are such a whiney biatch!!!

shut yer yapper ya Trancehead sell out!

YOU ONLY LIKE SELL OUT GUIDO MAIN STREAM

MUSIC..What do Yooouuuu know!?

you...you SHEEP! SHEEP I TELL YA YOU ARE A SHEEEEEEEEEEEP..Agghhhhh! Aghhh!!

:blank:

um..

sorry man.....

I'm just not use to

the everyday working stress!

(But you still suck)