Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Since when have S&D converted to trance?

A lot of S&D music has been atmospheric and trance oriented ever since the early ninetie's. Though I'm not sure exactly how their music was back in the days of the Hacienda,

It's only since last year/mid to late 2000 did they get REALLY "progressive" oriented...

I don't know what people THINK they spun, but my guess is if you didn't know about their history with trance, then you probably didn't really cover their history too well.

The first time they hit twilo it was billed as a 'trance' event. I caught them a few months later and they were into the hard trance stuff. All that changed after Danny T. started spinning deeper and darker stuff ala deep dish. Back then was around '97 '98? I'm a little blurry with the time frame...

Originally posted by tempkid

Couple of people are trying to tell me S&D spin tance:confused:

I never knew they spun trance!

Originally posted by ~surreal~

The last time I saw them was 4th of July 2000 and they were deep, dark house.

And my damn handle...can't believe I forgot this...download Xpander and listen to what I mean.

I have to say...their sets do tend to be a lot more deeper and darker than their productions and CDs. Communicate was heralded as the "sound of Twilo" in some parts of England.

However, they've always had some trance in their system (maybe not so much recently... :mad3: ) Listen to their old GUs and hear what I mean.

Originally posted by Nestor

The first time they hit twilo it was billed as a 'trance' event. I caught them a few months later and they were into the hard trance stuff. All that changed after Danny T. started spinning deeper and darker stuff ala deep dish. Back then was around '97 '98? I'm a little blurry with the time frame...

great to see ya back here!

:)

I think the problem is with the terminology. It's not easy to divide the music into these rigid categories of trance, house, progressive etc... And who cares what you call it anyway!

All I know is that Sasha & Digweed have been my fav dj's for few years now, and still they keep surprising me with each new set or track.

Take a listen at MTV2 New Year's Eve set. (Audiogalaxy)

Peace