Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The deal with Sasha & Digweed in NYC???

Ok here's the deal...Originally the website for the delta heavy tour said that S&D with Jimmy Van M were going to be at Exit on Apr 12th and 13th. They are touring with phazon and are supposed to be bringing some crazy lighting and visuals. However, Exits name has not been on that site for a while. I was hearing for a while from Exit promoters that they were going to be there definatly. However, we all know what kind of morons promote for exit and how fucked up the management is there. I was actually told today by a very reliable source that they would not be spinning at Exit but at Hammerstien. A rumor that I heard a long time ago but my source confirmed this with me today. I don't want to start any rumors but thats what I was told. Frankly I'd rather see them at Exit, hammerstien isn't big enough for the three of them and its not even a club. I was kinda hoping they could bring some of that twilo magic to exit.

Originally posted by kandyraver

reliable sources told me the dates for ny and nj have been cancelled so stop asking and doubtful you will see them in this area again :rolleyes:

first of all, why would u want to be a candy raver. What ur telling me is you are proud to be one of the people who are ruining this culture. Second, you don't know shit. NY is the greatest city in the world. S&D love playing here just like every other dj. Now stop reading this message, you have a passifier to go suck on.

Originally posted by raver_mania

Whats the deal? Could anyone in the know shed some light - are they gonna play here at all?

That would really suck if they don't play in NYC!

from what ive read there gonna be at world on april 13th.

Originally posted by wowndtite

first of all, why would u want to be a candy raver. What ur telling me is you are proud to be one of the people who are ruining this culture. Second, you don't know shit. NY is the greatest city in the world. S&D love playing here just like every other dj. Now stop reading this message, you have a passifier to go suck on.

:laugh:

its where they started this whole mf saga let it continue

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

the deal is they are trying to become SELL OUTS ...

just waiting for the higest bid ..

Im not even excited about s&d any more .. fuck them ..

made-events is just doing a slick job @ vinyl on saturday nights .. just look at the APRIL line up .. its killer...

i agree

i'm more excited about sven vath than S&D

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

the deal is they are trying to become SELL OUTS ...

just waiting for the higest bid ..

Im not even excited about s&d any more .. fuck them ..

made-events is just doing a slick job @ vinyl on saturday nights .. just look at the APRIL line up .. its killer...

i feel the same way

I doubt they're coming to NYC.. it's too late in the game. I don't think any club will host them now, since the event will be only 2 weeks away. How much promotion can you achieve in only 2 weeks? I mean the people that browse CP, NB and EZ would know right away but the people on these boards represents such a small portion of their fan base. I don't think clubs will take a risk and paying delta heavy $$$ when they might not be able to bring many people into the club/venue due to short notice

Thanks for the input! Yeah, it kinda makes sense from promoting viewpoint that they might not come at all...its just over two weeks away, and it takes time to print tickets and all. Oh well, I'm going to see them in Philly and DC, but it would have been nice to see them in NYC!

Fuck yeah, its been close to 6 months since I last saw Danny Howells!

Originally posted by republix

I doubt they're coming to NYC.. it's too late in the game. I don't think any club will host them now, since the event will be only 2 weeks away. How much promotion can you achieve in only 2 weeks? I mean the people that browse CP, NB and EZ would know right away but the people on these boards represents such a small portion of their fan base. I don't think clubs will take a risk and paying delta heavy $$$ when they might not be able to bring many people into the club/venue due to short notice

it doesn't take too much promotion to get people to know that Sasha and Digweed will be in town. Word of mouth would spread very fast on that one.

raver_mania! where the hell you been these days?

i met you very briefly at twilo in the vip room a very very long time ago.. i don't even remember who was spinning. pvd? digweed?

either way, hello and i hope that you are doing well down in DC, right? ;)

Originally posted by kitty19

raver_mania! where the hell you been these days?

i met you very briefly at twilo in the vip room a very very long time ago.. i don't even remember who was spinning. pvd? digweed?

either way, hello and i hope that you are doing well down in DC, right? ;)

Hey! Loooong time no hear! I've been about, not too much on the boards....haven't been back in NYC in a while. Did you ever make it down to Buzz?

Ya, I think we met briefly at prolly Digweed (was eggmok there?)....I must have been a mess :D:D:D

How have you been? Are you planning on hitting up any parties soon?

Well I don't know *WHAT* to think about S&D coming to NYC anymore.

I called the Delta Heavy office again - 212 564-3848 if anyone else wants to bug them - and, like last week, they said they "haven't decided on a venue yet."

So take that for what its worth - I'm done speculatating. All I know is I got my ticket to see them in Albany next Tuesday, so I'm gonna get my S&D fix either way!

xoxo

Alexandra