Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I got a question for ya all...

cmb1975

Why would you buy a bottle of champagne at a club? I mean no disrespect, but seriously, why? Do you have any idea what they mark that shit up? Is it cause you like that taste? Or to look like a high roller? Or to share the wealth with all your friends? what!?!?! I used to bartend at a go-go bar and we used to sell so much champagne. That was the only thing we were allowed to drink, so the we sold so much of it. $25 bottle of moet was $85!!!!

Originally posted by cmb1975

Why would you buy a bottle of champagne at a club? I mean no disrespect, but seriously, why? Do you have any idea what they mark that shit up? Is it cause you like that taste? Or to look like a high roller? Or to share the wealth with all your friends? what!?!?! I used to bartend at a go-go bar and we used to sell so much champagne. That was the only thing we were allowed to drink, so the we sold so much of it. $25 bottle of moet was $85!!!!

Well, let me tell you.

1) yes, I do like the taste

2) no, I wasn't trying to look like a high roller cause it was a sausage party in there (aside from our friends)

3) yes, I know the mark up b/c I bartend also but it was a holiday weekend and we were having a good time so I said "what the fuck"

4) It is not an everyday thing

NO DISRESPECT taken, hun!

Wait, that's how you know me:)

i agree with you. i think it's pretty DUMB to spend all that $$ on what i think is just a "look" - but that might just be because i don't have that kind of $$ to blow on a bottle of champagne every night.

and i'm sure if i did - i would. probably for all the reasons that you listed too like a celebration, or a party or to share the wealth, probably even to feel like a high roller !!!

SOMETIMES

JBR--Ill drink it for ya! Even if it tastes like crap!

This winter, our group of peeps, had alot of birthdays and when we would go to XS or JOEY's, yeah, we would buy some champagne.

Now last night was different b/c I fully expected to pay for the bottle but ;)sometimes ;), b/c of who I know, I am given a bottle because it is like chum. One person buys a bottle then someone else and so forth!

Originally posted by Quest

Let's start from the beginning.

you wrote "I used to bartend at a go-go bar"

I wroted "Wait, that's how you know me".

end of story :)

So I replied:

Your a sucker?

Meaning...most men that go to go-go bars are suckers. Throwing away their cash on women that will never go home with them. Of course there are exceptions to that rule. Hence the question.

okay. One possible answer to your question could be as simple as "because some of us can".

So I replied:

Your a sucker?

Meaning...most men that go to go-go bars are suckers. Throwing away their cash on women that will never go home with them. Of course there are exceptions to that rule. Hence the question.

Originally posted by Quest

okay. One possible answer to your question could be as simple as "because some of us can".

Anyway, since you live near me, Im sure you've been to both of the places I worked. Smiles in Ledgewood and Double D's in morristown.

Anyway, since you live near me, Im sure you've been to both of the places I worked. Smiles in Ledgewood and Double D's in morristown.

Ha Ha, Smiles. I grew up in Succasunna. Proud to say never been to Smiles, tho.

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

SOMETIMES

This winter, our group of peeps, had alot of birthdays and when we would go to XS or JOEY's, yeah, we would buy some champagne.

Now last night was different b/c I fully expected to pay for the bottle but ;)sometimes ;), b/c of who I know, I am given a bottle because it is like chum. One person buys a bottle then someone else and so forth!

Thats the way it should be but ppl in this industry r too greedy, I feel that if u are in the biz you should get some extra treatment, I also feel that regular customers should as well, anyway come to tribecca any sat and u will see some customer service. The ppl that treat ppl the way they wanna be treated should be praised, take Petey and Jason of Metro for example, these two stick to their word and really appreciate their customers, this is one of the main reasons metro is so packed, whereas most club owners look for the fast cash.

There is this guy at Tempts. Who ALWAYS has a bottle. His name is P-Tech (spelling?). He is a friend of a friend of a friend. He might possible be the biggest fuckin loser I have ever seen. His "friends" treat him like a god, maybe cause he always has drugs. To me him buying champagne is to look like a high roller.

Anyway...I was just curious!!!

I know who you are talking about and his name is Jeff. I don't think it's nice to talk about people you don't even know...a friend of a friend of a friend.

There's nothing wrong with buying champagne at a club....I don't see it as any different then buying 10 $7-$8 mixed drinks. If people have lots of money to spend on bottles of champagne...good for them. I just don't think they are trying to prove a point to other people by trying to look like high rollers...maybe they really are...and people are just a tiny bit envious. :idea:

word up!

Originally posted by neena16

I know who you are talking about and his name is Jeff. I don't think it's nice to talk about people you don't even know...a friend of a friend of a friend.

There's nothing wrong with buying champagne at a club....I don't see it as any different then buying 10 $7-$8 mixed drinks. If people have lots of money to spend on bottles of champagne...good for them. I just don't think they are trying to prove a point to other people by trying to look like high rollers...maybe they really are...and people are just a tiny bit envious. :idea:

Some people probably buy champagne to look like high rollers. If I bought a bottle, I'd be tapped out for the night, I'll tell you that much. To each his own though.

As far as P-Tech, he is far from a loser and enjoys spending money on or for his friends.....nothing wrong with that.

Kind of off topic here, but I have a question for you all...Why, WHY do these loser guys feel the need to talk on their cell phones at a club? My favorite is on the dancefloor. Do they really think they are that important? Morons.

There is this guy at Tempts. Who ALWAYS has a bottle. His name is P-Tech (spelling?). He is a friend of a friend of a friend. He might possible be the biggest fuckin loser I have ever seen. His "friends" treat him like a god, maybe cause he always has drugs. To me him buying champagne is to look like a high roller.

Anyway...I was just curious!!!

Listen cmb1975 you really should be talking, you work at a gogo bar for a lliving, you're really classy, who are you to talk. Anyway, never posted before and I just signed on to reply to your fucked up post about Jeff. You wish you could be so lucky to be chillin with him. He is all about just having a good time with his friends and you're probably envious that no guy would give you that treatment outside of your skanky gogo bar. You fucked up and you need to get a life other that posting about people you dont know. You really should watch what you say, you never know who you're posting about, you nasty whore.

cmb you may be a bartender but you are not a economic major do the math baby...... A bottle of moet cost a bar $25.00 they sell it for say $80.00 dollars making a profit of $55.00..... a bottle of vodka cost lets say $20.00 they sell each drink for $4.00 dollars they get 25 drinks out of each bottle so ask yourself were your were is the higher drink markup..... Babe next time dont mention people on here that is so not cool....... espeshilly if it was a friend of a friend of a friend now common... Lets be honest if u met a guy and he liked you and ordered up a bottle crystal for u and him to chill and bullshit over dont tell me you wouldnt like itespeshillly if the guy was sincere. If you have it and want to spend it theres nothing wrong with that......

wow......

but on the champagne thing.....i like champagne....and like most of the people on here...i like to enjoy it with friends.....so ...i really don't see the problem?? do u think people who purchase more expensive vodka at a bar are showing off as well?? it's a taste...

why do we buy 5 dollar bottles of beer, or 7 dollar mixed drinks... or shots- I mean everything is expensive when you are out. As for champagne, I have never bough a bottle myself (probably cause I am too cheap) but I sure do think it's great when our guy friends buy it!!! It just makes your night a little more special for some reason, I don't know- it's just fun. :D