Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van dyk

Originally posted by dirtycash18

Say who wants to organize a trip to Berlin? ;)

If anyone is planning to go to this year's Love Parade (or any events during the week leading up to it), reserve a hotel room ASAP!

Last year I stayed at the ABC Hotel Apartment on Bernauer Strasse, and found it to be quite nice at a good price. I think you can find info on it, and other hotels at http://berlin.nethotels.com

Also, bring ear plugs. You'll find them especially useful in the subways, when people decide to blow their whistles there.

Originally posted by dirtycash18

Say who wants to organize a trip to Berlin? ;)

If anyone is planning to go to this year's Love Parade (or any events during the week leading up to it), reserve a hotel room ASAP!

Last year I stayed at the ABC Hotel Apartment on Bernauer Strasse, and found it to be quite nice at a good price. I think you can find info on it, and other hotels at http://berlin.nethotels.com

If there's enough interest, I can post my advice and observations about attending the Love Parade (and all that goes with it)

I pretty much copy everyone on that it was a great nite... Nevertheless, I wish he would have played fewer hard tracks and more trancy stuff.... All in all a great nite. Makes you wish Twilo would be back since there would have been a much better crowd!

Tecklord: Thanks for your message! I would have loved to have met everyone. Nevertheless I got seperated from my friends a couple of times, so I spent a great deal looking for them in club...:tongue:

well i guess i shoult at my 2cents. i went to a banging ass house party before hand then people started coming that i ddint like so at 2am me and my boy picked up and drove to pvd. night was sick music was hoof the hook left at like 8:30 but yeah my car was towed fucking killed such a great night. all the people in the towing place were all from factory it was pretty funny

Originally posted by tjdj

well i guess i shoult at my 2cents. i went to a banging ass house party before hand then people started coming that i ddint like so at 2am me and my boy picked up and drove to pvd. night was sick music was hoof the hook left at like 8:30 but yeah my car was towed fucking killed such a great night. all the people in the towing place were all from factory it was pretty funny

dude I was holding mad flyers for the aniversary party and had a black sleeveless on. Did you see me in there. Shit was out of control.

dialectics:

you just told the story of our night! that was my first time in NYC, hence my first clubbing experience at SF, which was awsome due to PvD. Unfortunately, we will never return to SF since the atmosphere was very undesireable, although, the music definitely made up for it. I just wish there was more ventilation in that place. I was really glad the line moved so quickly -- considering we were half-way down 47th -- but soon found out why when we stepped foot in the club. however, it was an experience and i'm glad we went. :)

Next: S&D April 11th @ M, Pittsburgh and Mauro Picotto May 18th @ Glow, D.C.

~surreal~

Originally posted by dialectics

so i was elbowed, tripped, knocked into, knocked over, pushed, pulled, cursed at, stepped on, had drinks spilled on me, cramped, crowded, sweaty, surrounded by people i wouldn't even look at in real life, couldn't find a place to chill without fighting a bunch of cracked out drugged up post-fratters all for the privilage of sitting on a rock in the quiet room whereupon a little man with a mop proceeded to ask me to move. for this honor i waited on a line that went around not one but two blocks, paid $40 admission and $11 for a watered down vodka and imitation red bull. all this to fight for the glimpse of a dot of a geeky german boy up on high.

GOD WAS IT WORTH IT.

by far the best extended dj set i've seen in a long time. paul van dyk was wonderful... switching between anthemy trance goodness to darker progressive, or something funk-infused... and then some crazy leftfield shit, always keeping it fresh and interesting.

throughout the night i kept on saying "wow that's it. i'm dropping out of grad school and producing trance full time." damn i was inspired.

it was good to hear the sound system vary - the bassbin heavy main floor (where i hung out until either my legs, lungs or ears gave out) and the top floor with its clean, crisp sound (a little too clean for my tastes, too much precision and too little warmth - but that's ok)

i always shunned SF, but kudos for them for keeping the line outside moving fast (though i did cut 80% of it) and the bathroom lines short. could have used a LOT more bartenders though - they were far understaffed in that department. the crowd was definitely not the type of people i would normally want to hang out with, but everyone was there to party and with few exceptions (like the guy pushing me on the stairs - a big fuck you to you, asshole) everyone was very cool. a lot of very good looking people that night... wish it was less crowded but it started to thin out at 6.

but again the real draw was PVD - wow, what a night. he just "did it" for me. i was half tempted to hide in his luggage and just go wherever the music went.... normally i don't like extended dj sets unless there is a side room with a different dj to mix it up when you need a change, but pvd kept me going all night. a lot of stuff i haven't heard before, though many trax from "politics of dancing" and live sets i've dl'd thrown in.

shouts to the the cp people i met: crobra, roninmess, teklord (sorry i kept blathering on and on about rutgers), glowdancer, nycchic... also to the young lady i chatted up who studied neroscience... you're beautiful :)

peaz,

rob

SF is my favorite NYC club venue, but way too small for this event?big cashin in money makin how many mainstream clubber wanna be people unfortunately 18 to get in event... Should have been held elsewhere, even Hammerstein.... Tix should have been sold in advance...Instead of fuckin everyone that really wanted to go appreciate the music getting fucked due to the line around, and around the block.. Ive never seen that in my 5 years of attending Factory somewhat regualarly...

BY the way, Im just venting b/c I was stoaked for this event for the past 2 months lookin forward to it like xmas and never got to enter..

Fucking joke.... Ended up tramatized by line situation at 12:30 and decided to roll on down to VINYL and catch dt to make up for the drama that just occured... we enter club through security and b4 paying finding out that dt was not spinning.. Back into car, and drove by ROXY.... toolshed of young dorks... Then Exit for a last hope, by that time was not feelin anything after being so let down by the PVD tragedy that I headed on home with my crew and had kickass afterhours party at ones home...

I guess in long run........Saved 40 bucks, but otherwise now I think im gonna have to go get therapy for missing this night!!!! or take a vacation and catch him at a larger venue.... There it is... Im glad u all enjoyed it, but just wish i couldve been there too....FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

Originally posted by hotelie

Nevertheless I got seperated from my friends a couple of times, so I spent a great deal looking for them in club...:tongue:

That happened to me. I met up with friends of friends, and they were a cool bunch. However, after some time on the main floor, they decided to head upstairs, while I wanted to stay and see PVD start his set. Little did I know that I would not find them for the rest of the night. I went up and down all the floors at least 4 times looking for them. I tried calling, but in the 1 of 3 attempts where I actually connected, I couldn't hear what one of them was saying about their whereabouts. Also, I didn't know til the next day that they left at 4 am. I could've used all that time to concentrate on the music.