Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Danny Howells, I am going to NYC on 4/27/02 thread!

prplhz

I know, I know it's a little early, but it is April already. I have been talking about this with a few of you, but Mike and I are planning a little road trip to NYC for Danny Howells on 4/27. I wanted to see who else is going and if anyone wants to meet-up in advance as we will be at some friends place pre-partying.

I have been raving about Vinyl since I went last year for DT, and then when I saw Howells last month, I have been telling him about the spiritual experience I had and wanted to experience one of his marathon sets at the one and only Vinyl.

So who is interested?

I was just reading the reviews of Danny's set this past Saturday at Vinyl and was moments away from posting this same thing.

I'll be heading down, no doubt about it. (Please let there be no doubt about it! :tongue: )

I've been dying to do this since they first announced his residency, and this is the first month I've had a chance to go!!

I can't wait... 26 more days! :D

Hell yeah...Carelli Im so glad you are going...so many times we have tried but something always comes up i.e. car breaking down in CT on the way...i wanted to go this month but there was no way with S and D the day b4...too cracked out. We should all meet in Boston and follow each other down in a train of cars.

Originally posted by cocoj

Hell yeah...Carelli Im so glad you are going...so many times we have tried but something always comes up i.e. car breaking down in CT on the way...i wanted to go this month but there was no way with S and D the day b4...too cracked out. We should all meet in Boston and follow each other down in a train of cars.

Wow, GOOD CALL!! I can't believe I've been trying to get to see Howells at vinyl for that long!! (I think I blocked out the memory of that night for a while).

If you've got time (as I do right now), check out this sucky story:

Last fall (when was it exactly? it might have been before fall), me and a BIG group of friends (at least 3 cars-worth) all planned a trip down to Vinyl to see Danny Howells. We had a friend of ours check train times, and we all met-up in Worcester to drive down in one big pack to a CT train-station where we'd pick up a train, get into the city, and see DH for the night. (We'd done the train move before). So, we pack it up, start moving out and about 30 mins. down 395 the big minvan that Joslyn and Tom (her bf) were driving breaks down. We're not going to catch the train. So, we get on cell phones, start making calls... call my friend's brother to check train times, and low and behold, the trains weren't running anyway, they were on a weekend schedule (it was saturday), my boner of a friend looked-up weekday schedules. So now we've got a car stuck on the highway, no way to get to vinyl (none of the cars we had were NYC-worthy to say the least), and we only knew one thing: we weren't seeing Howells that night.

Long story short, I jumped in a car and headed back to Boston that night with a couple of friends who weren't stranded in the minivan. We tried to salvage the night by going to Axis, but it was just awful. I think they played a Billy Ocean remix that night:rolleyes:

Wow, painful memories that will only make the trip down to Vinyl this April that much sweeter!!

Well talked with my friends last night and we are going down there on the 26th, so if who ever plans on going down, we can meet-up in Vinyl or we can meet-up during the day for a little pre-partying on Long Island. They are very psyched about going to Vinyl...

Oh yeah, and a BUMPEDY BUMP!!!

Danny howells fawkin' rules all things cool. I witnessed his set new years eve @vinyl and have yet to experienced anything better. Even the sets during WMC couldn't touch the atmosphere @vinyl on new years eve. Definately worth the trip.

You guys should make another trip in May-------->Danny's spinnin' on my birthday- you know i'll be there.

Have fun!