Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Darude Live!!!!!!!!

vicman

Originally posted by ellywelly

I never heard moutso .. what does he spin?

i don't think it's so much fairy/epic trance anymore. . .i was there about a month ago (shhhh! i don't want to hear it!) he wavers b/t some awful hard german trance, some old progressive house records (the popular singalongwiththedj kind), and even threw down some florida-like breaks. . .a la recent dj icey type o shit.

but he still sucks ass :D sorry

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Vic you are being so harsh! no offense or anything, I can appreciate your sense of humor but...How can you say you are going to stand outside to wait in line for Darude? Who is so, like, mainstream...old news... (not that I have anything against that)and then you go and diss Pete? Seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him! Give the dude a chance...Just because you may not personally like what he spins does not mean that you can't give him some respect for what he does? And anyway, the Djs whose music you like, PvD, D:Fuse, Tiesto - these are all people who have spun or regularly spin at Glow. how can you claim to like their genre of music - or their type of trance - and not like the resident's "fairy" trance - when all four DJs music choice falls into teh same category? I don't get it...And I'm not trying to be a bitch, just please explain to me where you are coming from!:laugh::idea:

Originally posted by sialater18

Hey Vic you are being so harsh! no offense or anything, I can appreciate your sense of humor but...How can you say you are going to stand outside to wait in line for Darude? Who is so, like, mainstream...old news... (not that I have anything against that)and then you go and diss Pete? Seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him! Give the dude a chance...Just because you may not personally like what he spins does not mean that you can't give him some respect for what he does? And anyway, the Djs whose music you like, PvD, D:Fuse, Tiesto - these are all people who have spun or regularly spin at Glow. how can you claim to like their genre of music - or their type of trance - and not like the resident's "fairy" trance - when all four DJs music choice falls into teh same category? I don't get it...And I'm not trying to be a bitch, just please explain to me where you are coming from!:laugh::idea:

Back up a sec... I know d:fuse & tiesto spin at GLOW but when was PvD there? Damn if I missed that somehow, I'm very upset with myself! :flame::( :(

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Back up a sec... I know d:fuse & tiesto spin at GLOW but when was PvD there? Damn if I missed that somehow, I'm very upset with myself! :flame::( :(

PvD @ GLOW no way!!!!!

I would boil myself in hot grape jelly if he had gone there and I had missed it...no, I was juste refering that that is the type of trance that I like

Don't worry, PvD hasn't been there. The last time PvD was here was at Radiate last thanksgiving. Damn his set @Radiate was fawkin AMAZING!!!!.

Originally posted by vicman

PvD @ GLOW no way!!!!!

I would boil myself in hot grape jelly if he had gone there and I had missed it...no, I was juste refering that that is the type of trance that I like

okie dokie! i wish the man would come to dc and do an extended set. I saw him at Radiate but I want a marathon set like he use to do in NYC. I think the last time he was at Buzz was 1999. His only appearance there I believe...

okie dokie! i wish the man would come to dc and do an extended set. I saw him at Radiate but I want a marathon set like he use to do in NYC. I think the last time he was at Buzz was 1999. His only appearance there I believe...

Yeah, an extended set would be great. I'm probably going to fly down to Miami sometime to catch him at Space.

Originally posted by crank47

Yeah, an extended set would be great. I'm probably going to fly down to Miami sometime to catch him at Space.

I think at WMC it was a 6hr set and the time before that it was 3 hours

Originally posted by crank47

oh i definitely recommend it! I saw him at Space during the WMC and he was SICK SICK SICK! I couldn't believe how amazing his set was. He spun for a little over 6 hours. I hope he gets a residency in NYC again soon.

Man, what am I talking about, I'm broke :laugh:

Originally posted by sialater18

How can you say you are going to stand outside to wait in line for Darude? Who is so, like, mainstream...old news... (not that I have anything against that)and then you go and diss Pete?

LOL. no comment.

how can you claim to like their genre of music - or their type of trance - and not like the resident's "fairy" trance - when all four DJs music choice falls into teh same category?

i suppose that's called a sense of taste. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kuro

Fuck all that. If it ain't techno it ain't shit (we need at least one techno snob around hear and Scratch is too level-headed, open minded and intelligent for that, but I'm not).

Ooh yeah!?!?!

well then I'll take it up a notch, fuck progressive, fuck trance, fuck breaks, fuck techno, from now on only one genre will prevail: industrial tex-mex :D

anyway, well we are all biased, the same way there are different genres of house music there are differnt types of trance, and each dj bring his/her own taste into the way they spin. Dj'ing is more than just putting on records on some decks. If it was that easy then we would all be dj's.

I just dont like the way Moutso spins, period.

since i'm still fairly a newbie when it comes to all this music.... and haven't mastered the genres & subgenres... can someone give me a quick rundown or point me to a primer? LOL

As far as I can tell, genres and subgenres are a plot by the clubbing patriarchy to make newbies and females feel like they don't understand the music. Bottom line? There are some broad categories that are fairly easy to discern: Jungle; Breakbeat; House; Techno; Trance. Anything else is a judgement call. There are certain styles that are more progressive or new skool. But for the most part, a good DJ will be able to cross all of these arbitrary lines to put a good set together, because they are all sounds on a shared continuum of electronic music. Quibbling over whether it is "fairy" or "popular" or whatever is just a matter of personal tastes, IMO!

And don't worry about being able to trainspot (name the song, producer, version) of a track you hear. After talking with several women DJs - I've discovered this is a VERY male thing to do. Which doesn't mean females can't and don't do it (both Millie and Scratch are excellent trainspotters) - it just means you are not any less of a music aficionado if you can't!

My .02!

;)

Originally posted by malanee

As far as I can tell, genres and subgenres are a plot by the clubbing patriarchy to make newbies and females feel like they don't understand the music. Bottom line? There are some broad categories that are fairly easy to discern: Jungle; Breakbeat; House; Techno; Trance. Anything else is a judgement call. There are certain styles that are more progressive or new skool. But for the most part, a good DJ will be able to cross all of these arbitrary lines to put a good set together, because they are all sounds on a shared continuum of electronic music. Quibbling over whether it is "fairy" or "popular" or whatever is just a matter of personal tastes, IMO!

And don't worry about being able to trainspot (name the song, producer, version) of a track you hear. After talking with several women DJs - I've discovered this is a VERY male thing to do. Which doesn't mean females can't and don't do it (both Millie and Scratch are excellent trainspotters) - it just means you are not any less of a music aficionado if you can't!

My .02!

;)

thank you! one of my male friends who i use to party a lot with is always like "do you recognize this?" and i look at him and say "okay, i know i've heard it and I could tell you what cd its on but don't ask me to tell you the name of the track!" LOL I'm so bad at that! There's only a few tracks I can do that with. BTW, Vic thanks for pointing me to that website :)