Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is todays club scene lacking?

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

IMO it is lacking originality. Why is it that everyone looks EXACTLY the same:confused: It looks like everyone shops at the same store and spikes their hair now.

Forget looking for someone in a club because you will drive yourself nuts.

spikey hair is just a generation of style and appearance.

if you goto Vinyl, or Centro Fly, or Shelter there isn't much of a spikey haired appearance. but once again, these are a few of the clubs in which do not enforce strictly or at all a dress code or door policy.

do you really think i want to get all suited up to goto SF just to listen to JP, no. but if i don't, i dont feel like gettin a hard time. sad isn't it?

IMO it is lacking originality. Why is it that everyone looks EXACTLY the same:confused: It looks like everyone shops at the same store and spikes their hair now.

Forget looking for someone in a club because you will drive yourself nuts.

not even originality among club patrons

how about dj's?

is it just me....or do most dj's within a certain genre spin mostly the same stuff?

Originally posted by clubkat

some kind of substance ::no, not that kind:: but i cant quite put my finger on it. . . .

Yeah you're right. Maybe that substance has something to do with the lack of originality.I remember walking into places and just seeing a whole herd of interesting characters and saying to myself"ohh yeah..it's gonna be a good one".

I don't say that anymore:( Well sometimes I do.....

i think its the characters that are lacking in club life. remember the club kids from back in the days? those kids were fucking rebels. what we have today are mirror images. im not knocking the dress code , because im amongst the first to dress up for a club , but i think it takes something away when everyone looks the same. thing is , you cant even blame this on the clubbers....its more about the bouncers , owners , promoters who pretty much make up the rules pretaining to who gets in and who doesnt..and ultimately they pretty much forced conformity upon us. its either dress accordingly or go home. sux.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i think its the characters that are lacking in club life...and ultimately they pretty much forced conformity upon us. its either dress accordingly or go home. sux.

and that is when it stopped being fun. That is why I hardly ever go to clubs anymore. I would still enjoy it, but honestly, I don't want to put on my nicest clothes just to get them burnt, stinky, and ruined. I want to go out in comfortable clothes and have the night of my life...

I don't say that anymore:( Well sometimes I do.....

Hey man, we've got vampires dancing to gabber every week at our party. Can't say that I've seen that anywhere else. Although, that probably has a lot to do with why our parties are relatively small.

I miss the LL... You walked in you had SO many different types of people, it was great...

I guess thats what you get when you have 2 small rooms of breaks/dnb, a room with hiphop, and a room with trance...

me and xpander were just talking about this the other day, actually...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i think its the characters that are lacking in club life. remember the club kids from back in the days? those kids were fucking rebels. what we have today are mirror images. im not knocking the dress code , because im amongst the first to dress up for a club , but i think it takes something away when everyone looks the same. thing is , you cant even blame this on the clubbers....its more about the bouncers , owners , promoters who pretty much make up the rules pretaining to who gets in and who doesnt..and ultimately they pretty much forced conformity upon us. its either dress accordingly or go home. sux.

Could not said it any better bro.

I remember back in the days you could not even get in to clubs if you dad no individuality one thing they did not want was everyone looking the same. Remember Limelight way way back b4 it closed for the first time the freaks, the dragqueens, Dan Dan the Naked Man …….

Originally posted by heretic909

Hey man, we've got vampires dancing to gabber every week at our party. Can't say that I've seen that anywhere else. Although, that probably has a lot to do with why our parties are relatively small.

Yeah and it's fucking great.Some of those peeps that i saw at your party have been around forever.

I will also say that your party has the best vibe of any party I have been to in NYC in a while. Where else can you see vamps,goths,ravers,trannys,preps,and in my own lil category ME rocking to gabber........I'll tell ya NOWHERE.It's just a lil sad that todays generation of clubber would hershey squirt their nickers if they saw that.

THAT'S WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by joeg

I miss the LL... You walked in you had SO many different types of people, it was great...

I guess thats what you get when you have 2 small rooms of breaks/dnb, a room with hiphop, and a room with trance...

me and xpander were just talking about this the other day, actually...

:(

i miss LL

yeah, I never had the opportunity to go to tunnel either, but I can only imagine how cool it was...

well, see you at webster hall

peaceout,

limelightbandit

:tongue:

seriously though, I think with some time, shelter might be a great new spot...

we need more diversity in our "superclubs"... sf, exit, roxy, & vinyl aren't enough, IMHO...

Originally posted by joeg

yeah, I never had the opportunity to go to tunnel either, but I can only imagine how cool it was...

well, see you at webster hall

peaceout,

limelightbandit

:tongue:

seriously though, I think with some time, shelter might be a great new spot...

we need more diversity in our "superclubs"... sf, exit, roxy, & vinyl aren't enough, IMHO...

Yah I hope Shelter makes it.... It's a grate spot...

It was the definition of all things that I hold beautiful.

yes so tru. u could walk into that place have no problem with what you were dressed in and just walk wround and lidten to the best beats and see all the freaks. that place truly lived up to the song the freaks come out at night. def was one of the best parties in NY. :D :D

The club scene is lacking everything that I'm use to. All the clubs I went to when I was 16 have either closed down or have reopened with a completely different atmosphere. I just think the scene has changed (not for the worse...it may seem great for the 17 and 18 year olds out there now) but I definitely enjoyed being out at clubs more back in 95-99. You just have to accept that everything changes in life...club scene, fashion, hair styles, friends, jobs...that's why there's a time when you either have to adjust to the changes and make the best of it or hang up those dancing shoes and move on. IMO :D