Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hoboken Just keeps getting worse and worse...

Sat Night I headed over to a Party at Willie McBrides... What a strange place! I was there for a birthday and it was open bar until 11pm. 11:05 - I made a run for the door and we headed over to 10 & willow.... Never again! One of the people that were with me had a brother who was bouncing inside. The old ugly bastards at the door said we would have to wait but that we could wait on a special line. There were 2 people on that line and there were about 5 people on the normal line. We waited about 25 minutes and no body from either line got to go in. Please that place is so not worth that kind of inconvenience. So we headed to River Street. When we walked up there were about 15 people on line but in less then 5 minutes we were inside. Maybe the wait was better then the other places but the place itself is a different story. What a random freak show...

I don't know of one place that I would recommend in Hoboken....

It has become too much of a hassle to go out there. Even parking is a nightmare... I block a fire hydrant after a 1/2 hour of driving around and I couldn't find spot. Lucky me the car was there when I wanted to leave.

Bottom Line... Hoboken Sucks! Especially 10th & Willow

I was in Hoboken too, even worse, the cops told all the bars they are done at 2AM b/c it becomes 3AM for day light savings time... So the night ended an hour early.

Hoboken Parking tip- Drive away from the water and washington st. Just go back 5-8 blocks and you can park there, everyone tries to get a good spot which is a rare find...

10th and Willow's door policy is just laughable....

hoboken thurs and sundays for us, we bar hop and just chill. ever feel that you get to the point that you can't handle crowded bars anymore? u just want to sit enjoy your drink and and have a great conversation with your friends w/o shouting over the music and the noise?

k...Sigmagal...had I read this thread a couple of weeks ago, I would have totally agreed w/ you....but going to River St. on Friday changed my opinion slightly...

Anthony Acid was spinning...and even though some of the tracks he was dropping were a month or two old, it was still a good time.

Bartenders, security, etc seemed on point and really not giving anyone a hard time...and the crowd was pretty tame...

I'm not saying my faith is totally restored, but there could still be hope....

PS....a lil' birdie informed me Danny Tsettos will be there this Friday...might be worth checking out...

:idea:

Hoboken as many of u know has a very diverse crowd. Stay out of the front room in river Street The back room is much better (that was tip #1) Parking in Hoboken (pay attention closely This is tip # 2) When parking in hoboken look for a street that runs perpendicular to Washington. The corner of the block (Yellow Zone) you can park there with out getting ticketed or towed as long as A. there is no fire hydrant (they will tow for hydrants) B. there is enough room for the crosswalk. This has been my luck lately and I dont know a single cop or meter maid, but it has worked for me for the past few weeks as well as a bunch of my friends.

Kosta P

PS. Denny Tsettos will be there this Friday. PM me for guestlist.

Sorry to tell you Kosta, but the Freaks from the Front room spill into the back room as well... I had some wacko follow me into the girls bathroom. I couldn't get rid of his strange ass...

To say Hoboken is diverse is an understatement. No matter where you go, there is no class.

To be Honest, River Street is probably the best place down there, but that doesn’t say much. Sat night, some drunken Crack whore was spilling drinks left and right. I watched her for a while and then she eventually spilled a drink on my friend. When she asked for an apology, the classless whore started yelling and acting like a fool… with in a few minutes there was a huge fight. This is the type of scene that I have come to expect in Hoboken.

The bars are too small, over crowded, and I hate to say it but too mixed. With so many different types of people all squished on top of each other you are headed for trouble.

Originally posted by sigmagal

Hoboken Sucks! Especially 10th & Willow

I can never understand why People actually like this place. 10th and willow is horrible, yet hot girls hang out there all the time and love it. With the line that place has you would swear its actually decent inside. My basement is almost the same size as that bar.

Hoboken is soooo bad right now and this is coming from a guy who you used to lovr hoboken a couple of years ago. IMO River Street sucks, I hated it from the beginning. Cadillac Bar used to be cool but now its even worse than River Street. The only place i like is Black bear and 10th and Willow. Whiskey bar is ok on Thursday nights in the summer but thats about it. I agree the crow is way too diverse and thats why there are always so many damn fights. Im staying away until they get their act together.

Originally posted by liverlips

Hoboken is soooo bad right now and this is coming from a guy who you used to lovr hoboken a couple of years ago. IMO River Street sucks, I hated it from the beginning. Cadillac Bar used to be cool but now its even worse than River Street. The only place i like is Black bear and 10th and Willow. Whiskey bar is ok on Thursday nights in the summer but thats about it. I agree the crow is way too diverse and thats why there are always so many damn fights. Im staying away until they get their act together.

the crowd is way too diverse?

how so?

I don't think that it is too diverse from an ethnic point of view. I mean more diverse in individual style. Because of the club and bar atmospheres you have every kind individual merged in the same place looking for a different kind of night. It is a great theory that it should work but as you can tell from Hobabken it doesn't. Attitudes and opinions clash and fights start.