Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car Audio buffs and genius's i need yer help....Know-It-Alls need not apply...

Ok fuckin...when i have my head unit on..its an after market one not factory...like say im at volume 7 right..well my subs kick like a motherfuck yet...as i keep turning the volume up like say when get to volume 14-20...the subs really dont kick. Now blah blah make a long story short..i took it to the audio place i go which is extrmely refuatble and a personal friend...now he bench tested my original amp and found that the outputs were no good therefore a channel was blown. So i happend to have a spare amp and that got hooked up...yet i still have this same problem out of no where of when i turn up the volume the subwoofers get lower and i only hear my 6x9's...yea i got that Pioneer head unit with the built in 15 band graphic EQ and the shit is tweaked to perfection...the only other thing i can think of is A)bad RCA connection in the back of my head unit B)turn the subwoofer level on the amp higher C)bash the fuckin shit.

Any car audio guru's know the deal so i ain't gotta be a fuckin toolface and take my car back AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to the installer?

Originally posted by jennEfer

Okay... I know that on my head unit there is an option where you can increase the power the sub whoofers put out making them put out a louder, deeper bass. I don't know about your head unit... but that is how mine works.

yea im wayyyyyyyyyyy past that problem.

like u know how fuckin dorkily advanced that head unit i got is..like even when put the settings all way up say...50HZ +6 or 80HZ +6 or 126 HZ +6....STILLLLLLLLLL the motherfucker is not giving me all the bass i can get from the subs and its really pissing me off, i just want the shit to work properly that is all..but i am sick and tired of bothering the fuckin dude down there. Seriously..i think possibly the head unit has gone bad maybe....but fuckkkkkkkkk that would suck cock and balls cause though its 2 yrs old...it was $700 when bought new....but of course wherever there is a quoth there is a deal to be made. ;)

Bro...i got the Pioneer Premier DEH-P920R head unit...if you know it..it has EVERY FUCKING THING on it...top of the line when it came out though they have made a new model of it...its the one with the cityscape and space movie screen savers on it. But yea, its got a gain control..but its not at all that...its really gotta be the head unit itself or some kinda douchebag tweaking i forgot to do....christ you people have NOOOOOO IDEA how frustrating it is to drive with no fuckin bass!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by godfatherbam

lol gimme a min ima call my boy who installs em...

you mean UNinstalls them? ;)

thanks though. yea fuckin i think tomm..im gonna call a buncha doucheface installers and see what the general consensus is.

Originally posted by quoth

Bro...i got the Pioneer Premier DEH-P920R head unit...if you know it..it has EVERY FUCKING THING on it...top of the line when it came out though they have made a new model of it...its the one with the cityscape and space movie screen savers on it. But yea, its got a gain control..but its not at all that...its really gotta be the head unit itself or some kinda douchebag tweaking i forgot to do....christ you people have NOOOOOO IDEA how frustrating it is to drive with no fuckin bass!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

. . . did this recently start happening? . . . Have you ever been able to get full power to the subs? . . It could be a power line problem coming from the battery . . If the unit wants to suck more power than the alternator (I think) is willing to put out, you may be experiencing loss . . . I dunno though . . . high end systems aren't my deal . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . did this recently start happening? . . . Have you ever been able to get full power to the subs? . . It could be a power line problem coming from the battery . . If the unit wants to suck more power than the alternator (I think) is willing to put out, you may be experiencing loss . . . I dunno though . . . high end systems aren't my deal . . .

interesting....but yea this is recent...like fuckin...i DID have this weird problem with my head unit originally where like a CD would play...then out of nowhere start to like distort like a signal-to-noise distortion and then bam after like 5 minutes the CD just distorted out and faded out. Now i had them send it out..and it got maintenanced and they said something bout the alignment on the anti-skip was off...but i havent had problems with that...just this volume shit when i have it low the subs kick hella bass when i turn it up they dont kick as much if any. Fuckin pissin Quoth off big time!!!!!!

a good 2 weeks after i got it back...but the thing is..is that...i dont at all have the problem i used with the cd distorting/skipping..it was fixed. UGHHHHHHHHH i think im just gonna shut the fuck up about this and see what happens tomm.

the 920 is a phat unit. I assume you tried different CDs to make sure its not the fucking CD right? i'm also assuming you don't have like an outboard xover or power amp you just hooked that shit straight up....there's a built in xover in the unit, but now it could also be the woofer....you're gonna have to yank out the unit and plug one to test the woofer...nicer to have a tester but then you may have to take it over to someone who has one.

so once you figure its not the woofer and not your CDs and your unit is pumping out front/rear correctly, then you're gonna have to make sure the sub out is pumping enough juice if any at all by measuring the signal on the subout. also you can first try a hard reset to make sure some wierd setting didn't get fucked with.

but the first thing to try is check continuity from the woofer to the unit....fucked up wiring is like problem #1, blown speaker problem #2, only then defective shit....pioneer makes quality shit....

Originally posted by msoprano13

yo bro you might need a cross over

his unit has one built-in (as most units like these do). and if it worked at one point it means that his sub doesn't draw too much power that you need an amp for it. but then again if the installer was stupid enough to install a sub that draws more than the unit can supply please fucking do us all a favor and shoot the guy.

Originally posted by dr0ne

his unit has one built-in (as most units like these do). and if it worked at one point it means that his sub doesn't draw too much power that you need an amp for it. but then again if the installer was stupid enough to install a sub that draws more than the unit can supply please fucking do us all a favor and shoot the guy.

:laugh:

nah, bro..the installer is definitely a legit guy and a personal friend..but i was just out before and shit..and it just pisses me off like the oneeeeee thing i might wanna adjust is the output power level on the amp itself eh...fuck it i will try it tomm...just knowwwwww though im gonna wind up bringing it back to the place which i been to like 4 times or so back and forth...its annoying and fuckin...this guy works on other cars besides mine..but i know he will take care of me...shit...fuckin...the head unit was bought second hand..YET..he wrote out a recipt that i bought it there just so the warranty can still be good and sent it out for me and back free of charge and -re-installed my shit free of charge. so i just gotta see tomm cause i dont even wanna talk about it no more.

:laugh:

nah, bro..the installer is definitely a legit guy and a personal friend..but i was just out before and shit..and it just pisses me off like the oneeeeee thing i might wanna adjust is the output power level on the amp itself eh...fuck it i will try it tomm...just knowwwwww though im gonna wind up bringing it back to the place which i been to like 4 times or so back and forth...its annoying and fuckin...this guy works on other cars besides mine..but i know he will take care of me...shit...fuckin...the head unit was bought second hand..YET..he wrote out a recipt that i bought it there just so the warranty can still be good and sent it out for me and back free of charge and -re-installed my shit free of charge. so i just gotta see tomm cause i dont even wanna talk about it no more.

2nd hand heh? or 3rd or 4th right. i'd be sketched i dunno. i say return that shit, grab a fucking P9, LCD, plug in the PS2 and get some 18" rockfords....yeah baby now we talkin

since were on the topic

i have some slight engine noize when i got my new shit installed...its true they dont make stuff like they used to...anyway anyone know how to get rid of it...its hardly noticalbe but i pay attention to detail

Originally posted by msoprano13

since were on the topic

i have some slight engine noize when i got my new shit installed...its true they dont make stuff like they used to...anyway anyone know how to get rid of it...its hardly noticalbe but i pay attention to detail

make sure the RCA cables don't touch the power cable/s

you'll get alternator noise

Originally posted by dr0ne

2nd hand heh? or 3rd or 4th right. i'd be sketched i dunno. i say return that shit, grab a fucking P9, LCD, plug in the PS2 and get some 18" rockfords....yeah baby now we talkin

hahah werd. Check it...my boy was trading in his 99 Mustang GT...gettin a Lexus instead and didnt wanna rip out the factory shit cause he wasnt sure if he was gonna buy it out or least it so instead he just got some bass tubes and its sounds nice. Anyhow...the head unit was $700 when it came out..i got it from him..not even a year old for $200!!!!!! belive that shit?? yea..kid really dont care bout money just wanted the shit gotten rid of. As far the rockfords go..i actually do have 2 15" Rockford Fosgate Series 1 woofers in a bandpass box (hugeeee fuckin box) in my room as my home theater system subwoofers. My home theater amp has an adjustable sub level and i cross wired the speakers to make them 8 ohms instead of 4 ohms and fuck do they kick..i got this box off my boy whose usta have it in his truck with a cap.