Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who here uses nextel?

I don't use it personally... but i've heard good things about it...

Basically, as it was explained to me... You pay more but get a lot more... For like $80/month you get free incoming calls & an assload of minutes (not sure exactly how many).

I know phunk & apples use it... they can probably help.

Trancend....where do you live? I currently work for Nextel...soon I wont be but I know what you will want to know!! Depending on where you live I have found out either you hate us or you totally love us...the plans are a litlle expensive but if you are like me you will get your moneys worth!!! I get my email thru my phone(hotmail)... others you can get as well..let me know!! maybe I can steer you in th right direction!!!!:D

Originally posted by ceepee

Trancend....where do you live? I currently work for Nextel...soon I wont be but I know what you will want to know!! Depending on where you live I have found out either you hate us or you totally love us...the plans are a litlle expensive but if you are like me you will get your moneys worth!!! I get my email thru my phone(hotmail)... others you can get as well..let me know!! maybe I can steer you in th right direction!!!!:D

I have a question for you. I have i90, i'm able to recieve text messages but i can't send them. Is there a way i can send out text messages from my phone:confused:

Originally posted by ceepee

I know what you mean I used to have the i85...and i could send them...I have the i90 and I cant fucking figure it out!!!! I will find out for us!!!! where do you live?

as far as i know you have to subscribe to send them but can receive them for free...are you guys paying for the text msg service? maybe that's the prob?

i LOVE nextel...

got a 89.99 plan. . .

600 minutes 7am-7pm. . .

unlimited nights and weekends. . .

free direct connect, voice mail, and caller id. . .

::awesome plan but serive, eh::

taxes could be a bitch anywhere from $5-10, and for that price you would expect to have a signal everywhere. . .guess again! Cant use the phone at tons of enclosed places: mall, subway ect. . .looking for a new plan. . .

Originally posted by trancend

this is pretty phat for $70 a month

National Free Incoming 500

Includes:

Free incoming cellular calls

Free nationwide long distance

Unlimited Nextel Direct Connect®

but what about the night and weekend minutes?

i have that plan and for $10 more you get free nights and weekends. if you talk a lot on your phone its totally worth the $$. i hae never gone over my plan and i avg about 2500 minute total a month. the most minutes i think i used was close to 5000 once and i still didnt go over (the free incoming is the key! :D)

i must agree that theh service can be spotty inside. i have to sit/stand certian places in my apt., "can you hear me now?"

I had a nextel and got rid of it. It had a number of problems

1.) coverage was real spotty, so it was really hard to drive around and keep a call connected

2.) coverage on Staten Island (where i'm in school now) SUCKS

3.) coverage anywhere outside of NYC/north jersey is really bad, some shore towns have no service, as do most towns when you drive up north jersey (in the middle of nowhere granted, but if i break down on some 1 lane highway in the middle of a mountain pass i want my dam phone to work...)

4.)as far as i know they still dont make a permant install kit (with a connection for an external antenna) for your car for ANY of their newer phones. This might not matter to anyone else, but its a big thing for me (dam radio engineer getting the best of me i guess)

the two way was cool, but for me i'd rather have a regular phone that i might pay a little more for the minutes (verizon) but will work basicly everywhere...

just my 2 cents.

Bernie

anyone else have opinions on the service on or about morris county nj?

Coverage was very spotty the last time I was around there with my nextel...that was a few months ago...Verizion kicks ass tho.

Bernie

I fuckin love nextel. i have the i85s ...i originally got it 2 years ago when few people had it , the phones were huge, and it is on a corporate account so its alil cheaper. all my friends started gettin it and then mad other peeps did. all i gotta do is 2way someone and there they are...dotn have to hold the phone to the ear and dont have to bullshit with voicemail...

one thing i hate though...THAT GOD DAMN VOICEMAIL RING WHEN YOUR PHONE HAS A NEW MESSAGE! im from jersey, other than that, its a phat phone and i love it...i get unlimited everything for bout 95 bucks..it hink the regular is 120 for unlimited eveything...peaceeee

oh, and you can DOWNLOAD to the i85...hotttttttttttt

Originally posted by clubininstyle

One thing i hate though...THAT GOD DAMN VOICEMAIL RING WHEN YOUR PHONE HAS A NEW MESSAGE! im from jersey, other than that, its a phat phone and i love it...i get unlimited everything for bout 95 bucks..it hink the regular is 120 for unlimited eveything...peaceeee

oh, and you can DOWNLOAD to the i85...hotttttttttttt

lol you know you can change the voicemail alert/ring. you DONT have to have it on.. i have to i50 which is similar to your phone. i believe if you go to Settings and then select Ring/Vibe. there is a Mail Option and you set that to Zero

:hat:

Guest funkysoul

opinions?

I've been using Nextel for a long time now and I have to admit its the clearest cell phone I have ever used.

I can actually feel a tumor growing in my brain from using it...j/k.

I was kinda upset about ther i90 because it wasn't user friendly as I thought it was going to be, but I did like the size of it.

Peace!