Clubplanet Nightlife Community

S&D on 103.5 KTU - Friday Night!

How can you have Sasha and Digweed spinning and still play commercials every 15 minutes? And what about those live transmissions from SIberia (sp.) in long island?

this is so weak, ktu sucks, I can't believe they're not just letting S&D mix it up. No wonder I only listen to the radio like once a year...

Originally quoted by idrthrbclbng

How can you have Sasha and Digweed spinning and still play commercials every 15 minutes? And what about those live transmissions from SIberia (sp.) in long island?

this is so weak, ktu sucks, I can't believe they're not just letting S&D mix it up. No wonder I only listen to the radio like once a year...

As Seinfeld would say, "What is the deal?" Commercials and stupid Siberia plugs. They should just let them spin nonstop....

Originally posted by teklord310

"Underground music from around the world"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: i almost drove off the road. underground my ass. definetely not on ktu, and definetely not oakenfold.

LOLOLOL!!!!! hahahahaha dude my thoughts exactly.

underground on ktu??:blown: :blown:

Just an FYI

I have been to the ktu studios a few times and guess what..

No one spins live on ktu...everything is done on DAT...the dj's are given drops and such on md or similar format and they pre-record their set...they drop it off and sometimes sit in the studio to chat...

I would have to say true live radio may only exist on the college and underground level (maybe some internet stations as well)...

Originally posted by phatman

Just an FYI

I have been to the ktu studios a few times and guess what..

No one spins live on ktu...everything is done on DAT...the dj's are given drops and such on md or similar format and they pre-record their set...they drop it off and sometimes sit in the studio to chat...

I would have to say true live radio may only exist on the college and underground level (maybe some internet stations as well)...

Yeah I figured that the DJs weren't actually at the studio, makes sense. There is no reason for them to be there, but it sure fools a bunch of people. Saves them a bunch of money too. How much do you think Oakie would charge to come to KTU and sit in the booth for a few hours and spin. :rolleyes:

Not totally true..

My station does most of its mixshow stuff live and sat nites is a live broadcast from a club somewhere...but yes...S&D were on cd or dat last nite as most mixshows for ktu are...

as for the commercials...they HAVE to take commercials, it keeps them paid and allows them to have people such as S&D and Oakie to spin on the radio...yes its annoying but its part of the biz...

the interruptions from live at the club are part of RSL EVERY friday...thats the gimmick and thats how they get people down to their club--only on memorial day and labor day does ktu change around its format for a dj...i personally dont see why they should have changed for S&D...they did them the favor allowing them to broadcast a show--Im sure World was gonna be packed anyway but now u know how many people will go down there tonight just b/c of what they heard on the radio last nite? So after the xtra ticket sales Im sure S&D didnt mind the interrutptions as much as U and I did.

All part of the biz. But it was a nice treat to hear them on my way to nyc.

Mike BuGouT

When I was heading out to Roxy last night, I had KTU on. And they were giving S&D tix away to the 103 caller. I called and called then it started ringing... then they said I was caller 102! I was like whaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Originally posted by teklord310

"Underground music from around the world"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: i almost drove off the road. underground my ass. definetely not on ktu, and definetely not oakenfold.

ME TOOOO!!!! My jeep almost tipped over on the Long Island Expwy when I heard that!! My sister just turned on the radio and was switching stations when I heard that!

As soon as I regained conciousness and began feeling the tunes, DAMN COMMERCIALS fuck up the set!! uugghh:blown:

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Not totally true..

My station does most of its mixshow stuff live and sat nites is a live broadcast from a club somewhere...but yes...S&D were on cd or dat last nite as most mixshows for ktu are...

as for the commercials...they HAVE to take commercials, it keeps them paid and allows them to have people such as S&D and Oakie to spin on the radio...yes its annoying but its part of the biz...

the interruptions from live at the club are part of RSL EVERY friday...thats the gimmick and thats how they get people down to their club--only on memorial day and labor day does ktu change around its format for a dj...i personally dont see why they should have changed for S&D...they did them the favor allowing them to broadcast a show--Im sure World was gonna be packed anyway but now u know how many people will go down there tonight just b/c of what they heard on the radio last nite? So after the xtra ticket sales Im sure S&D didnt mind the interrutptions as much as U and I did.

Mike BuGouT

On Lir (92.7) in the mix, They have a commercial break once maybe twice for the whole two hour set. and I assume DJ theo is spinning LIVE..cuz he almost aways gets my requests in. For those of you who dont listen to this on monday nights from 10-12...its definatly worth checking out. peace

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Not totally true..

Mike BuGouT