Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sander Kleinenberg Takes Over crobar !

sobeton

evening started out okay. I wasn’t really feeling the opening dj. Mr. kleinenberg took over the dex at about 1:00am. started out slow, and then started banging away. not anything like the set; people had described during wmc. he laid down some progressive house, tech-house, trance, etc.all layered and mixed wonderfully. danced like a mad man; until my legs began to beg for mercy. Really nice vibe in crobar, peeps dancing all over the place.

big ups to Joey, Brian, Pete, and Dan (aka star photographer :) )

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so yeah .. i finally go to crobar.. it was nice to see the CP mafia in full effect .. yes you guys and gals are a mafia .. 20 people showing up at the door and then another 10-15 meeting up inside. juan mejia did a great job of opening up .. lush tech-house with some grooves .. i love 'freaks like us' chris lum and jay jay on multitracked for you spotters out there. it was great meeting a ton of new people from the board .. sander k was ok .. but didnt blow me away .. i'm not going to say he was that bad cause i'm hearing his set @ soma and he was 10x better. Why Dj's do this is beyond me, @ soma he played some funk and some tracks with groove .. so it wasn't a plodding beat after beat like yesterday at crobar. The last 30-45 minutes were ok. I really hope he's good in Orlando tonight, cause I have a couple of friends going. Anyone notice if he played Eddie Amador - Psycho Exgirlfriend? That song is sick .. yummy funky stuff from Mr Amador.I really wish he would've played like this yesterday. Oh well maybe next time. It was really nice seeing Lee and Zuly and Stacey again. See you all at Goddess tonight? :)

DEEP DEEP DOWN in MIAMI,

Ramon C.

It just depends what you're in the mood for. I've been mainly only listening to funky deep house lately, and have been craving a hard/pounding set, and Sander K came through for me. I was worried b/c his last few sets have been more downtempo and funky, but not last night. I wanted to sit down and relax, but just couldn't keep myself from dancing. The set was nearly perfect in my opinion. I loved the mixing and loved how he took his time warming up. When he dropped Shakedown "At Night" I couldn't help but smile (what a great track that is)! The only thing I think he could have done better was during the high points of his set maybe drop a killer vocal to break up the beats-----> he just wouldn't let up! :D It was still all good.

Cool seeing everybody out & about. I've got to learn to sit still long enough to hold a half-decent conversation. ;)

**Who is up for round 2 at the Living Room Afterhours tonight?

i liked sander's set as opposed to the impressions i was getting from many people when i was there. i did also like how he took a long time to build it up really smooth. he lost me every once in a while, but then he'd pull me back into it.

i didn't love his set that's for sure.

i don't know, but since i have been back i have not seen one great set at crobar. the place really lacks something (besides lacking a good crowd... that's pretty obvious). i had to really concentrate on the music and ignore the really shitty vibe and then i found myself having a really good time.

shows how important the factor of vibe is when going out.

let's hope next wekend i can make it to rain to get a real vibe.

marcos.

I wasn't incredibly impressed with Sander K. Don't get me wrong, the set was nice but it didn't blow me away. I didn't really like the crowd in main room all that much either. However, we all had a great time upstairs by the booth. I did a bit too much drinking, though. Maybe that's why I couldn't enjoy the set as much. How do you turn down free drinks from cool people? :confused::D

BTW, MUCH PROPS go to Juan Mejia for doing a FANTASTIC job opening for Sander K!

Tony: Where the hell were you?????? I never saw you. :)

Ramon: Nice to meet you :)

And to the "CP Mafia" I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! It was awesome hanging together again. We must do the parking lot thing again, eh? :laugh:

I thought the Sander K set was fun. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either it just seemed like another fun night at a club. Every once in while he would throw some awesome track that would really get me moving. One of the problems I had with his set is that it seemed like he was stuck on 4/4 time the whole night. I would've appreciated some breaks or something funky but still dark or maybe something with a slower tempo at certain times of the night to break the monotony. BTW, the CP crew is freakin huge... It was nice seeing everyone and hanging out again. The music was fun and the company was even better.

Nice hanging out with you again Ramon. You need the rest of your crew to hang out again.

Guest saleen351

I was standing in front of the club at like 230am and I didn't like what I heard so I didn't pay 25 bones to get in........ I need a list of clubs that play only progressive house with tribal..... this trance sobe stuff sucks........

if that was really edgar V on the radio last night .... then:blown: :blown: set reminded me of a tony draper set just with high BPM trance with chessy synths.....

:D hey, what's up and big phat hugs to my musical family here at club planet. sander klienenberg was simply sinfully oustanding. i loved the journey that he took me on. starting his set slow and deep and then proceeding to play his trademark dreamy dark prog house with an occasional beautiful female vocal. is he my favorite nubreed dj? no, but he was fantastic. too bad at the end of the night, when i went to give the man his props he was mighty brief and not to personable. that put me on a mad downer. but his set rocked. just sensitive i guess?

:D hey, what's up and big phat hugs to my musical family here at club planet. sander klienenberg was simply sinfully oustanding. i loved the journey that he took me on. starting his set slow and deep and then proceeding to play his trademark dreamy dark prog house with an occasional beautiful female vocal. is he my favorite nubreed dj? no, but he was fantastic. too bad at the end of the night, when i went to give the man his props he was mighty brief and not to personable. that put me on a mad downer. but his set rocked. just sensitive i guess?

i was not impressed by sander's set. Mejia threw down a much better one, as sander wasn't too interesting and used the usual progressive formula. only a few tracks that had me dancing, while the majority had me thinking, man what happened to the sander K that knows how to play a varied and intersting set. the vibe of crobar was def. lackluster but most of the "cp mafia" made up for it :D

thanks everyone for the drink offers...but couldn't get messy and then be a driver on the road.

till next time

It was decent in my opinion...

Saleen, I'd hardly consider Sander "trance sobe stuff". You have a real outdated opinion if you think we're a trance city...only 2 clubs do it on Saturday...also, if you're just gonna be like every other NY transplant and do nothing but bitch and moan, why'd you come in the first place? Let me have your parking spot.

Saleen, are you talking about the same place?

Walked into the club @ around 12'ish and Juan Mejia was already dropping down some serious beats. Props to Juan for a nice opening set. Sander came on around 1'ish and started banging away. I wasn't too impressed with his set but then again, I wasn't disappointed either and I did enjoy it. His track selection was hit or miss but there were a few tracks that had me moving. I was expecting more however. The vibe was ok but the crowd sucked!

it was all for L. tho, she called chicken way too fast. fruity drinks tbc!

meja opening set was beautiful & one super cool guy! sander was a bit disappointing to say the least. track selection was monotonous & way too much pounding for my taste. plus that trainwreck towards the end didn't help much. oh well

props to the cp junior mafia for keep'n real, fun, & messy!

geoff>nice to meet you...again :)

2 words for ya: CHOO CHOO

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

It was decent in my opinion...

Saleen, I'd hardly consider Sander "trance sobe stuff". You have a real outdated opinion if you think we're a trance city...only 2 clubs do it on Saturday...also, if you're just gonna be like every other NY transplant and do nothing but bitch and moan, why'd you come in the first place? Let me have your parking spot.

Relax, trust me when I say I know music..... those tracks you like I"m one of the ones that leak them out to the masses.... Any how I said from WHAT I HEARD IN LINE, i wasn't feeling it... Everywhere I went down here it was trance..... no builds up at all. No guido fist pumping summer anthems... just blah blah blah tracks.... I never bitched and moaned about anything... Yes the bartenders down here suck, they are so slow and have no idea how to make a fucking Long lsland... they are unfriendly and got like this snobbish attidtude.... and yes if the DJ at blue trainwrecked one more track I was tossing him off the balcony and yes your 24/7 dance station is phat but whats with the commerical shit at 4am? I'm bringing my cds to all the clubs I go to from now on.... I'll fucking choke the Dj's so they play some real beats....:D

dearest new yorker.....i'm feelin ya when it comes to the bartending. it can be questionable at times, but rather pleasant at others. i have been in the scene for 6 years now. counting the dj icey and baby anne dayz. the music here in miami has risen to new and refreshing heights as of late. juan mejia, dj rolland, and ariel baund keep the clubs pumpin on a regular given friday or saturday night. not to mention that we have some of the best talent rolling into miami atleast two out of the 4 weekends out of a month. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i have been lovin life ever since i discovered house music 3 years ago. thanks to Luis D. for that one. the scene here can be quite musically delicious more than not......

93.1 is a farce, no doubt...but in a recent interview, their Program Director admits to it..he's not catering to the hardcore clubbers.

Careful when you criticise the bartenders, I'm friends with a good portion of them.

Could you define 'guido fist pumping summer anthem'? Then maybe we can tell you where to go?

And I still wonder why you think it's a trance town?

Originally posted by saleen351

... Yes the bartenders down here suck, they are so slow and have no idea how to make a fucking Long lsland... they are unfriendly and got like this snobbish attidtude....

Try Alex on Crobar's 2nd floor bar. He's a riot and makes a MEAN lemon drop (I should know :drunk: ).

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

93.1 is a farce, no doubt...but in a recent interview, their Program Director admits to it..he's not catering to the hardcore clubbers.

Careful when you criticise the bartenders, I'm friends with a good portion of them.

Could you define 'guido fist pumping summer anthem'? Then maybe we can tell you where to go?

And I still wonder why you think it's a trance town?

ultimate summer guido fist pumping anthem is like a Final Chapter.... tracks like that......... maybee star 69 white label, or sweet dreams white label and shit like that....... called guido music...... its hard to put into words what the guido scene is and what music we listen too, but if you've ever been to the hamptons or jersey shore you'd know........ahhhhhhhhhh I need some asap.............. where is the tribal down here????????? I need to know........ and who are promoters in charge of booking DJ's I got some jersey jocks that would do some serious shit........

The Hamptons are a waste of time, and the Jersey Shore is for kids. Down here we subscribe to a classier vibe and demand more than fist-pumping summer anthems...after all, there's no summer down here to speak of. Whether the music be trance by Edgar, house by our own Luis Diaz or Oscar G., their sets are meant to be taken as a whole, and not merely 'sampled'...meaning there's going to be some variety, and even some 'guido' tracks.

Though if you want tribal, check out Eddie X, Monty Q, or the hell with it just go to crobar on Sundays.

Originally posted by saleen351

where is the tribal down here?????????

living room downtown...after hours...before 4 and u have to put up with the hip hop crowd...good looking girls, but still hip hop...jimmy toural...very good dj......throws in some prog. house with some tribal stuff...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

The Hamptons are a waste of time, and the Jersey Shore is for kids. Down here we subscribe to a classier vibe and demand more than fist-pumping summer anthems...after all, there's no summer down here to speak of. Whether the music be trance by Edgar, house by our own Luis Diaz or Oscar G., their sets are meant to be taken as a whole, and not merely 'sampled'...meaning there's going to be some variety, and even some 'guido' tracks.

Though if you want tribal, check out Eddie X, Monty Q, or the hell with it just go to crobar on Sundays.

saying the NJ shore is for kids means you havn't ever been to tempts. Tempts is by far the hottest club in america in the summer. Nothing can compare... I've been to most clubs down here, you should try mine...... its all about the energy....

and Jr. Vasquez and Jason Ojeada in the hamptons are def a waste of time....:rolleyes:

Don't hate tempts hate the scene.........