Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**Constructive Criticism 4 Boo6 / S O E: post it here**

Ok, i know that there are some review threads, but maybe the SOE folks will read this. I had a great great time - they did an excellent job on the talent and orchestrating getting people into the event. Here are some thoughts based on some HUGE raves I've been to (50,000 people raves) about how to make it even better:

* sound: put some speakers towards the backs of the tents - especially the big tents. without walls to bounce off, the bass just died in the Moonshine tent.

* sound: extend the tent sidings or separate the tents a bit more so you can hang outside the tents and only hear one dj instead of a mix of them all. either that or invest in much bigger tents. the tents for Skol Beats held 5000 people each, so i know they are out there. but they also separated them enough that you could listen from outside without getting overflow sound from the other tents. you had lots and lots of space to work with: USE IT!

* labeling: put some BIG ASS line up cards OUTSIDE each tent. Also, label the tents A, B, C, etc. and hand out neck cards or something with the lineups. this is a no brainer.

* beverages: you guys should consider having separate beverage tents...i'm talking about non-alcoholic ones. it was lucky that it wasn't a hot day cause you were totally unprepared for it. unless you wanted water or red bull, you had to wait in the endless food lines. the best i've seen is where you buy tickets at one place and then get your drinks at the drink tents with the tickets...lines move super quick.

* beverages - alcohol: i understand that you had a lot of underage kids there (which is another problem), but forcing people to drink in one location is really a dis-service. Since you should be encouraging people to do stuff other than drugs, it should be easy for those of age to get drinks and wander with them so they can chill on the grass with a beer and listen to what they want. give people wrist bands and stuff. it isn't a perfect solution, but we all know kids with fake id's were in the drinks tent anyways....

* age - i totally understand wanting to have a no age limit event. however, much of the drug issues people posted were cause of 14 year olds. this is also why you had to rope off the alcohol area. the best raves i've been at were at NIGHT - from 7pm to 7am. little kids can't get to those much anyway and even though i hated not being able to go when i was that young, sometimes its worth it to let people learn how to handle themselves BEFORE heading to something like this.

* food services: again, go with the ticket idea and have several locations. either that or let people bring their own. having to spend an hour on line when you've spent 60 bucks to get in to hear music sucks. especially when you are getting a mix of hip hop, techno and breaks all at the same time while in line: u couldn't even enjoy the music during your wait. if you had had several food tents, say one near each area, this problem would have been solved.

* chill out area. I understand that the weather ruined the ability to sit on the grass for most people. however, it also rained at that 50,000 person rave i mentioned. they had 2 massive chill out tents with mellow music and bean bag / cusions and mellow light shows going on. music was quiet enough that you could talk or sleep - whatever you needed. totally different idea: if you had sold pvc mats for a couple bucks you would have had tons of buyers - there should just be a place for people to sit. it also helps reduce some drug use since people, if tired, might just sit and relax for a bit instead of popping something else to keep them on their feet.

* cops and EMT: they were all over the place. i don't know if this is feasible in NYC these days, but it would have been much nicer if you could have had your own staff inside instead. people who are a little concerned about a friend are much more likely to seek help from a staff member than a cop unless its already developed into a major problem. the ready accessibility of the EMT was great :). the rave crowd isn't likely to get into a lot of fights, and you searched well for weapons and stuff going in so this should be an ok solution. again, the 50k rave did this and had no problems.

I think the rain kept a lot of people away, which kept some of these problems to a minimum, but imagine the food and bathroom lines if you had another 5k people show up?

Thanks for the awesome time!!!

AND ANOTHER THING:

how much could possibly cost to rent another few porto-johns??? the lines were retarded. Or, the least you could do is have a security person assigned there, so that when people are in there for like over an hour, or people are going in 2 at a time, someone can do something about it (not sure why anyone would want to squeeze 2 people into a porto-john, blech, but I saw it)

anyway, other than that, I had an awesome time.

:)

Originally posted by lavendermenace

AND ANOTHER THING:

how much could possibly cost to rent another few porto-johns??? the lines were retarded. Or, the least you could do is have a security person assigned there, so that when people are in there for like over an hour, or people are going in 2 at a time, someone can do something about it (not sure why anyone would want to squeeze 2 people into a porto-john, blech, but I saw it)

It sure is good to be a guy. I found myself a nice spot behind the CP tent. Never had to wait. You should try it sometime.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

roha pissed on the cars behind the tent ahahaha...he whizzed on the eclipse n shit ahahahahaa.....

I think everyone whizzed on that car - I whizzed on the driver's side handle hahahha - just joking JOE!!!!

Originally posted by crobra

I think everyone whizzed on that car - I whizzed on the driver's side handle hahahha - just joking JOE!!!!

Wait a sec...Joe that Eclipse was YOUR car? :confused: Hmmmm....somebody lied to me and told me it was someone elses. I cannot be held responsible for my actions. Sorry Joe.

Originally posted by barvybe

* beverages - alcohol: i understand that you had a lot of underage kids there (which is another problem), but forcing people to drink in one location is really a dis-service. Since you should be encouraging people to do stuff other than drugs, it should be easy for those of age to get drinks and wander with them so they can chill on the grass with a beer and listen to what they want. give people wrist bands and stuff. it isn't a perfect solution, but we all know kids with fake id's were in the drinks tent anyways....

hmmm... . .we don't know anyone like that? . . Fake ID's , what's that? . . .

Originally posted by barvybe

* cops and EMT: they were all over the place. i don't know if this is feasible in NYC these days, but it would have been much nicer if you could have had your own staff inside instead.

Cops and EMT were necessary since people don't know how to have fun responsibly anymore. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by codica3

Cops and EMT were necessary since people don't know how to have fun responsibly anymore. :rolleyes:

exactly my point about having 14 year olds there.

they don't have cops inside Vinyl or any club for that matter. how is this different? EMT is there. Staff is there. They checked everyone on the way in.

how is this different?

I'm not saying it is any different, but as far as I'm concerned, who cares about the cops, they weren't like bothering people really.. cops mean jack shit if you're not doing anything you shouldn't be doing anyways.. ;)

they don't have cops inside Vinyl or any club for that matter. how is this different? EMT is there. Staff is there. They checked everyone on the way in.

on a funny side note . . I finally got to see the Vinyl EMT on duty the other day after Vath . . it was a block up from where you got in the cab . . I think . . blurry!! . . .

With regard to porto-johns, I'd recommend also that TOILET PAPER be restocked periodically.

AND ANOTHER THING:

At least they didn't do what they did at Ultrafest in 2000: rather than labeling the tents or posting any lineup cards, you couldn't get the lineup times unless you went to a booth they set up where they proceeded to charge you 5 bucks to look at a page that had the lineups and copy them yourself. But then again, that was probably the worst organized party I'd ever been to period.

As far as cops and EMT being there, SOE is just trying to limit their liability. Notice how Twilo's getting sued now. If they have proper precautions there, there's less chance that they can get slapped with punitive damages for recklessness in a negligence lawsuit.

my only complaints:

someone shit on the SEAT of one of the porto-johns in the VIP tent/area---atleast if you don't have good aim, have the courtesy to push it down the whole afterwards...there was toilet paper

they took the vodka away from the VIP area, therefore, our free vodka-red bulls turned into free red bulls.... no permit to have alcohol in that area???? they were pissed, but I don't think they could do anything about it...

I had a blast....nothing really bothered me, then again I guess I had a few perks......thanks again to the SOE crew, CP, and all the DJs for being so down to earth and cool.

Oh, and yeah they do have cops in those clubs. Granted, only one or two usually, but if you remember Tunnel back in the day, there were about 20 cops in there at any given time. Only reason I know is because I've been harrassed by non-uniformed cops in a couple of clubs around here. Once again, a liability issue, but especially after Twilo I doubt that the city doesn't have one or two cops in each of the major clubs on any given night. Not as if they're too recognizable.

Originally posted by brickhouse

At least they didn't do what they did at Ultrafest in 2000: rather than labeling the tents or posting any lineup cards, you couldn't get the lineup times unless you went to a booth they set up where they proceeded to charge you 5 bucks to look at a page that had the lineups and copy them yourself. But then again, that was probably the worst organized party I'd ever been to period.

You can't even be serious...

Originally posted by snoozi8

my only complaints:

someone shit on the SEAT of one of the porto-johns in the VIP tent/area---atleast if you don't have good aim, have the courtesy to push it down the whole afterwards...there was toilet paper

they took the vodka away from the VIP area, therefore, our free vodka-red bulls turned into free red bulls.... no permit to have alcohol in that area???? they were pissed, but I don't think they could do anything about it...

I had a blast....nothing really bothered me, then again I guess I had a few perks......thanks again to the SOE crew, CP, and all the DJs for being so down to earth and cool.

i didnt know they were giving out free redbull till the end of the night. i had a great time but having that little pass that got me into everywhere did help out alot.:)