Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~~~~ help

jy

aright, i feel like a 14 year old actually posting this but anyhow.

there is this cute boy at school who i think is really nice and sweet and really really yummy. He's in one of my classes and we spoke a few times and he seems really nice. I want to approach him and ask him out to dinner but just don't know what the best way would be.. ( i think he's a bit younger than me and hasn't really gotten into the whole dating scence, he's still stuck in the "if you kiss a girl then she's your girlfriend type of thing")

i was thinking of just being direct about the whole thing but then a friend made me feel kinda stupid for even wanting to ask because I was the girl..

I'm kind of running against the clock here because there is only 2 weeks of class left so i gotta get moving on asking him otherwise we prolly wouldn't seen each other again..

any advice?

:idea::heart: :grin:

Just come out and ask him. Believe me, it doesn't take that much to impress most guys these days, and with your looks I'm sure there won't be any problem at all. Just tell him that you were wondering if he was interested in going out for a drink or something to eat after classes. Sometimes it's best just to be straight forward and not beat around the bush.

thats what i was thinking..

but the thing is he totally totally totally out of my league.. i know he doesn't typically go for girls like me :( but i just can't help but want to give it my best shot.

he's not even that good looking just totally self confident and thats what makes him sooo appealing..

if he's in class today i'm gonna ask.. :idea:

Originally posted by jy

but the thing is he totally totally totally out of my league..

I dont ever want to hear you say that on this board again...there is no such thing...we are all equal in this world; just on different planes...besides, how do you know his self confidence isnt a front and he's just as scared or insecure about the same things you are...chances are he probably is (trust me on this)...

I think you should start small...ask him if he wants to chill...coffee..a drink...something small...somewhere you can access a window to what he thinks about you...if you cant get any signs than let it go...if he's got an interest, it will come out...

Well since you're feeling like a 14 year old, maybe you should play to those rules......I remember girls being to shy and insecure at that age and they always send a friend to do some recon.

No just kiding, I hope you asked yourself why you feel atracted to him in the first place... I might be wrong, but you seem to be a woman with a good pair of brains.. maybe even ahead of her age ( got no clue how old you are). He seems to be a boy with a guote: If you kiss a girl then she's your girlfriend unguote, state of mind.

On the other hand you must have given this some serious thought, otherwise you wouldn't have post your "problem".

I'd say, you're in for a lesson.....so just ask him and go from there..otherwise you'll find yourself standing with so many unanswerd guestions.

well i got the courage to ask him. we ended up sitting next to each other during the exam and after we handed it in i just walked up to him asked him how he was doing and then really nicely said "would you like to go for a coffee later today?"

and he just looked at me and said "sorry i've got plans all day"

so i said "okay"

and he said "take care"

and i walked away.. :(

Originally posted by jy

well i got the courage to ask him. we ended up sitting next to each other during the exam and after we handed it in i just walked up to him asked him how he was doing and then really nicely said "would you like to go for a coffee later today?"

so i said "okay"

and he said "take care"

He'll be back, crawling on his knees, begging to be looked at by you.

you'll see.

Originally posted by fantazy

He'll be back, crawling on his knees, begging to be looked at by you.

you'll see.

He ain't lying...same situation when in school..girl in my class, definitely cute, always asked me for coffee / lunch / whatever and I never did anything for many, now dumb reasons, but shit the "What If" still hounds me years later...i heard she is back in town..hmmm......

Originally posted by jy

so i said "okay"

and he said "take care"

hmmm do what i do when i get rejected, try to fuck his (in my case her) best friend, he will get jaleous in no time. would have been better anyway to approach one of his friends, make friends with him (or fuck him) and THEN let him introduce you to the boy you want. well that´s too late now, bad luck.

next time you want to "get" a guy ->don´t ask him out for coffee<-

if a girl would ask me this i would probably laugh at her and say "no thanks" too, i´m sorry but that would have been just my reaction. that would equal a guy coming up to you "do you come here often?", laaaaaame. however i´ve noticed girls have some strange pickup lines. like "could you tell me what time it is?" "oh that´s a nice watch where did you get it?" "REALLY? i know a friend that once worked there blah blah blah". or "what are you drinking?". lol.

instead, make some small talk, then something like "hey there is this awesome new club/lounge/bar in [location], i´m there with a couple of friends hanging out/clubbing at [time]. would be cool if you would come by" then kiss him on the cheek, turn and leave, DON´T wait for his answer.

keep being a challenge, never give out yourself and your time too easily, never let your intentions be 100% clear to him, leave him confused, always works with us guys :) (even us bad ones)!

Originally posted by jy

tastey maybe baging the best friend works for you.. but no thanks..

how about "flirting" with him?

then again, the guy is probably not worth the effort anyway. you´ll find an equal or better one for sure, remember, 6 billion people -> ~3 billion males at your disposal :)

and the rest, the ~3 billion women at mine ;)

Originally posted by tastey

how about "flirting" with him?

then again, the guy is probably not worth the effort anyway. you´ll find an equal or better one for sure, remember, 6 billion people -> ~3 billion males at your disposal :)

and the rest, the ~3 billion women at mine ;)

right

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

Just come out and ask him. Believe me, it doesn't take that much to impress most guys these days, and with your looks I'm sure there won't be any problem at all. Just tell him that you were wondering if he was interested in going out for a drink or something to eat after classes. Sometimes it's best just to be straight forward and not beat around the bush.

Honesty is the best way to go, the dinner and drink line usually works well:)

Originally posted by jy

thats what i was thinking..

but the thing is he totally totally totally out of my league.. i know he doesn't typically go for girls like me :( but i just can't help but want to give it my best shot.

he's not even that good looking just totally self confident and thats what makes him sooo appealing..

if he's in class today i'm gonna ask.. :idea:

Don't put yourself down, you know you are better than that:D

actually, he called me last night and asked me to go see spiderman with him but i said no..

had he wanted to go out he would have said yes to me.. fine he might have been busy all day but he could have very well said "maybe another day" that would have been fine..

instead he chose to turn me down and then went to the trouble of getting in touch with me and ask me out..

i don't like games, and this kid is starting to play them.. so this is where i back off..

i've played the games back in the day and honestly, i'm too old for this shit now.

Originally posted by jy

actually, he called me last night and asked me to go see spiderman with him but i said no..

had he wanted to go out he would have said yes to me.. fine he might have been busy all day but he could have very well said "maybe another day" that would have been fine..

instead he chose to turn me down and then went to the trouble of getting in touch with me and ask me out..

i don't like games, and this kid is starting to play them.. so this is where i back off..

i've played the games back in the day and honestly, i'm too old for this shit now.

I'm sorry to hear that, but alteast you faced him.. No matter how bad you feel about that and blame yourself for not forseeing this...you did the right thing and came up with a good conclussion.

I'll buy you a drink ( or a couple)...

It's up to you, take care...

Originally posted by jy

If he is not in the dating loop as you say, maybe he's just not used to a girl asking him out. He might have been flattered, but not known how to react... But he did takea big step in calling you.....

Originally posted by jy

What did I tell you. :idea: psychic me.

im not into games though, if he doesn't know how to react to me asking him out then i can already tell that if anything were to work out things wouldn't be right.. i dont want to have to teach a guy how to be in a relationship.

Originally posted by jy

im not into games though, if he doesn't know how to react to me asking him out then i can already tell that if anything were to work out things wouldn't be right.. i dont want to have to teach a guy how to be in a relationship.

GAmes suck, no matter what... Yeah, you don't wanna teach everything, maybe just some things....:tongue: