Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Favorite night (or party) of the year?

njdionysus

What is your favorite night or party of the year? I'm not talking just the music or venue, but everything... the crowd, the dj, the energy, how good of a time it is, a party you go to every year. As if there was only one night of the year you were "allowed" out, what party would you go to? Or what night would you recommend for someone not to miss? And I'm not talking about Vinyl Fridays or SF Saturdays, be more specific like Jonathan's Birthday or more of an event.

Dis' it as you will, but for those of you that know, know. The closing party at Tempts is one of my favorite partys of the year! It always has been and always will be... Denny brings the summer to a close with an amazing set full of classics from summers past. The energy in the crowd is absolutely insane, girls are dancing up on the bars, people are lost in the music and afterall, isnt that what its all about? This party brings out the old school from back in the day, I remember Denny dropping Angel years ago and the place going absolutely crazy, its not to be missed! The closing party became legendary long before most of you ever heard of Tempts or had a bad word to say about it. Say what you will, like it or not... Denny blows up in dirty ol' Seaside every summer!

Sure there are crazier nights (Jonathan's Birthday), bigger venues (Junior's Birthday) and larger crowds (PVD or DT anytime/anyplace), but dollar for dollar, hour for hour, the closing party at Tempts is MY favorite night of the summer!

NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!

it has been my favorite holiday since I was a little kid, and it will be my favorite night of the year forever!!!! Everything about that night, wherever you go it is all the same- everyone is dressed up, everyone is drinking like crazy, there is just that whole mentality of a NEW beginning for everyone... and then when midnight comes the whole place just goes nuts!!!!(not to mention that you get to kiss everyone too) :D No matter what, New Years will always be my fave, it surpasses any opening/closing/birthday party IMO.

Halloween Party @ Wonderland.

Which makes me wonder when they'll throw another party. I went to two parties there and they were seriously two of the best parties I've been to in NYC. Cheap entry (15 bucks), all you can drink, awesome crowd, decent music (a few former Twilo VIP room/bathroom DJs), great setup...seriously the best loft parties I've been to.

Also really really don't want to miss BLIM + Deekline @ Buzz on May 10, but I'm afraid I'll have to :mad:

One of my favorite parties of the year so far was two tribes. It was held at Melbourne Park which is a large tennis arena complex in the heart of Melbourne. The crowd was very happy and fairly large with over twenty thousand people.

Some of the Dj's were

Dave Seaman who was the best there,

Timo Maas

Christopher Lawrence

Fergie

john oo fleming

Dave Lee

Speedy J

CJ Bolland

Johannes Heil

Gaetano Pariso

Ian Pooley

Madison Avenue

Phil K

Nu breed

Jeff Mills

and about 30 other local dj's

Two Tribes is a once a year party where 2 of melbournes largest rave organisors combine to make a party and the profits go to local charities.

cheers Zade

Originally posted by zade

Some of the Dj's were

Dave Seaman who was the best there,

Timo Maas

Christopher Lawrence

Fergie

john oo fleming

Dave Lee

Speedy J

CJ Bolland

Johannes Heil

Gaetano Pariso

Ian Pooley

Madison Avenue

Phil K

Nu breed

Jeff Mills

and about 30 other local dj's

Two Tribes is a once a year party where 2 of melbournes largest rave organisors combine to make a party and the profits go to local charities.

cheers Zade

That I might have liked. Good techno lineup, Phil K is a monster with the effects unit (although I guess he's a local there), and I've never gotten the chance to see Nubreed (ditto though). Tell your aussie brethren to get their lazy asses up here and spin. If only it were that easy, I'd really love to get Nubreed, Kid Kenobi, or EK over here. Phil came over a little while back but mostly played deep progressive somewhat to my ire....

Guest saleen351

Tempts Retro party is the BEST!!!!!!! I felt like i was in a hollywood movie..... it was nuts... packed, wall to wall and denny ripping shit up.... then the high lite of the night... music off, lights on.... ppl scream and chanting "Den e Den e Den e" . Cops are at the door, jersey joel is pulling his hair out and the we want the final chapter crew is jumping on the bar screaming... No one wants to leave and no one is leaving, then BAM! Denny drops final chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Place goes nuts and the cops want to arrest Denny and JJ.... but they didn't........ people were still dancing in the streets and in the pizza shop...... Its not the quanity of time of a great party, its the quality... i'll take 5 insane hours over 26 any day... I 'm not a crack head and I don't do drugs....

Originally posted by brickhouse

That I might have liked. Good techno lineup, Phil K is a monster with the effects unit (although I guess he's a local there), and I've never gotten the chance to see Nubreed (ditto though). Tell your aussie brethren to get their lazy asses up here and spin. If only it were that easy, I'd really love to get Nubreed, Kid Kenobi, or EK over here. Phil came over a little while back but mostly played deep progressive somewhat to my ire....

I think i have seen Phil K about 10 times in the last couple of years and yes he likes the effects unit. Here he always plays breaks although sometimes deep depending on which club he is at. Breaks are massive here I guess alongside deep/progressive. His mate Gab Oliver has released a double mix cd a couple of weeks back I think with some nu-breed tracks on it. I think it was called no nonsense i can find out some more info about it if you want!!

cheers Zade

Originallly posted by spikesnj:

Danny's birthday bash @ Vinyl.....always a good time

dave

Ditto. His bday party this year was crazy.... :hat:

PVD at SF was pretty good.

Danny Howells last Labor Day weekend.

That's it for now.