Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tanning

Has any1 here went to a tanning salon on Francis Lewis Blvd called Venice Beach? If not can u guyz help me out. I wanna go tanning. So i went to this salon. And they have like 6 different machines. And the machine with the most watts the person said Doesnt burn at all, So i went on it, and i didnt even get tanned. This was my first time tanning. So in 4 days. I went on the second to the strongest machine called the Big Bear or something. And at first i looked nice. But then a day after, which is today. Im all RED! Can some1 help me out with this shit. Cuz I have no clue what machines to use and how they werk. thanks...

I suggest getting the cheapest unlimited month membership to your tanning salon. It would run from 55-80 dollars. Whatever beds they say you could use with that. Use them. I go every single day. You gotta pace yourself at first. Do you burn easily? Don't go the full time when you start. But you also gotta understand everyone burns pretty much. But ifyour beet beet red..then you gotta relax on it a bit. If you get really really red just take a break for a few days until the redness is fading away and your skin isn't hurting. And always dump on Aloe Vera Gel after you tan, and through out the whole day. Just dump it on your skin. It'll prevent some peeling. Hope I helped......peace.

I work at a tanning salon so ill tell you what the deal is.

First off if u are really pale u need about 4-6 sessions to build a base tan. Go into only one machine and stay there until you build up a base tan. Also useing lotions with bronzer's in them also help build a nice dark tan. I work for hollywood tans so try and get to one of those and go into an HT60 tanner. That thing is raw, I have a pretty good base tan and it made me really dark after 6 minutes. Make sure u start useing lotions with bronzer in them, they should sell them at the tanning salon, and if u come down to the hollywood tans in manhattan on 8st and 6th ill give u one free tan =)

i gotta love being italian, im already tanner then most peopel and i never burn......and i have never stepeed foot in a tannig bad,,,,

this one chick i know goes every damn day and its been like 3 years now and she looks like elastic....this one kid always rips on her and call her leather face:laugh: :laugh: omg im dying over here just thinking about him and the impressions he does of her

I go to Venice Beach all the time... I go there just for the Sunsport bed, you can stay in it as long as you want (the session is 30 minutes, 15 on each side u have to flip) and you cannot get burnt. You just keep getting darker with this bed (it blocks out all UVB rays that cause redness, and allows all UVA rays that just get ur skin darker). Other than the sunsport, the standup is good for a quick tan, very strong and covers you well. These are the only 2 beds I use in there.

My family owns 7 tanning salons throughout long island. The Big Bear should be in 10 or 12 minute durations. Depending on your skin type and the bulbs they use in that bed most people will experience a slight burn after the first use. Remember to use aloe lotion for ONE DAY ONLY! and then moisturize alot for the next 2 days. The moisturizer tends to make the peeling less severe and noticeable. Ask the person working about the beds that have less Uvb rays. These beds usually have longer sessions, yield better color long-term and are much less harmful to your skin in the long run.

sO THAT SUNSPORT MACHINE CAT GET U BURNED? THA IS THE ONE I WENT ON MY FIRST TIME AND I JUST CAME OUT THE SAME WITHOUT A TAN. IM PROLLY THINKING OF GOING TO HOLLYWOOD TANS SINCE ITS RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE HERE IN LONG ISLAND. THEY HAVE MANY DIFFERENT MACHINES THOUGH, WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETHWEEN THE HT60 AND THE OTHERS?

ALSO I HEARD THEY HAVE SOME SUNLESS TANNING BOOTH THAT SPRAYS U WITH SELF-TANNERS AND BRONZERS AND SHIAT AND NO UV RAYS R ENVOLVED AND U GET THE EXACT SAME TAN COLOR AS IF U WOULD GO TO THE MACHINE. HAS ANY1 HEARD OF THIS, IS IT ANY GOOD? THANKX AGAIN. LOL SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I REALIZED IT WAS ON TOO LATE AND I DIDNT FEEL LIKE RETYPING THIS POST.

Originally posted by zgrm01

ALSO I HEARD THEY HAVE SOME SUNLESS TANNING BOOTH THAT SPRAYS U WITH SELF-TANNERS AND BRONZERS AND SHIAT AND NO UV RAYS R ENVOLVED AND U GET THE EXACT SAME TAN COLOR AS IF U WOULD GO TO THE MACHINE. HAS ANY1 HEARD OF THIS, IS IT ANY GOOD? THANKX AGAIN. LOL SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I REALIZED IT WAS ON TOO LATE AND I DIDNT FEEL LIKE RETYPING THIS POST.

I Dunno if its any good or not, but its been gettin alot of press. CBS was running a story on it this morning on their EARLY (5am) newscast...but there was no way in hell i was going to be up to see that one lol!

The NBC station in Philly did a story on it too, go to http://www.hollywoodtan.com/uvfree_info.html at the bottom of the page they have a link to watch the NBC 10 story on it, they have 2 before and after pics in the story, but the video quality is really bad so its hard to tell much.

Bern

Originally posted by johnkennedy

I go to Venice Beach all the time... I go there just for the Sunsport bed, you can stay in it as long as you want (the session is 30 minutes, 15 on each side u have to flip) and you cannot get burnt. You just keep getting darker with this bed (it blocks out all UVB rays that cause redness, and allows all UVA rays that just get ur skin darker). Other than the sunsport, the standup is good for a quick tan, very strong and covers you well. These are the only 2 beds I use in there.

uvb as well as uva rays are bad for your skin. you getting a tan is a sign that your skin is being damaged by the sun/tanning lamps/whatever you're baking under.