Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: prplhze, nyis4meatheads, and whoever else came...

JonStephen

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Now you see why I rip all over the RI scene............

BTW.......Derek Lowe, no hitter. To hell with the Yankees...........

:blank: here you go again, jon -- lol

yeah it was really great to meet y'all. (always good to put the faces wiht the names) it was great to see Jackie again, too. and i am assuming that you all got home ok too. i had such a good time hanging out and dancin' with everyone. :D

btw: next time i'm in boston(well, not this weekend but the time after that :tongue: ) you guys will have to take me to Rise

It was great meeting all of you, definitely made for a fun as hell night! Jackie says. hi to everyone and wanted me to tell you all she had a great time and thanks!

I'm glad Katie and I were on the same page with the show, because otherwise I'd think I was on a different planet (I just read the reviews from NaughtyBooth and people were acting like they saw God). Before we went to the show Katie and I were saying that even when Danny's bad, he's still really good. I thought his set on Saturday was good, but definitely the least favorite of all the sets of his I've seen.

He seemed to be playing similar songs the whole night, and none of them really got me going like any of the sets of his I've seen in Boston. His mixing was great, the songs flowed well together, but none of them had me at that "I can't believe this song, where'd he pull this one from" feeling that I usually get when I hear DH. It seemed like he locked into one groove and stayed there for most of the night. Maybe it's just because he played a lot of techno (which I like), but whatever it was, it wasn't thrilling me.

He threw in a half hour of breaks somewhere around 7-7:30ish which were ok, but from the reviews I've read over the past few months, it seems like he almost HAS to do that since his New Year's set. I was expecting it the whole night, so when it came, I wasn't really suprised (as it seems most people were :confused:) And no one in the club could breakdance... I was hoping to see some kids sporting some nasty moves.

Even though the music wasn't what I personally had hoped for, the night was still a BLAST. Meeting everyone from NY and hanging out with all of you guys from Boston made the night so much fun. Everyone was on the same page and just plain fun to chill with. I can't wait to do it all over again soon!

well this being my first time seeing danny, i cannot compare to antying else. i thought he was really good, but he didnt blow me away as PVD did :D. imo i thought he has some good buildups and was diggin his most of his track selection. not too big into breaks so i was taking a breather during most of htat time and cooling down -- but i think he did his breaks set longer than just half an hour though... :confused: more like from quarter to seven to at least when i left (right before 8). i saw on another board it was like an hour and half. did you guys end up closing it out at 9am?

as for the dancers there, yeah actually i am lil surprised/disappointed to see not too many ppl REALLY tearing it up on the floor and stuff??? :confused: i am not just talking about the breaks set but overall i'd thought there would be more too

Partying with you guys definitely made my night! Great meeting you all. Too bad my legs weren't having it past 6. Good to see everyone make it to close.

Loved his set Saturday. Not the best set i've heard from him but it was unique and deep. Danny usually has a wide range of genres he spins. He'll usually range from say 1-10 and cover in between. Saturday he was between 1-2 and spinning the small points in between there. Not much variation genre wise but withing his narrow scope he threw down a deep set. I didn't notice it much till I sat down and had a chance to take it all in.

:smoke:

Yeah, my time frame must have been WAY off! (I didn't have a watch on in there). I also heard someone say he started throwing in breaks at 6!?

The vibe that night was awesome, everyone was so friendly and happy, but I was suprised at the lack of energy. I expected to see people dancing their asses off and few people were. By the end of the night everyone was just kind of shuffling their feet to the music.

I have to say that I probably enjoyed the music the most while sitting on the stacks with Mike (especially when he played that HUGE bass roll and it felt like I was going to fall off the speaker!!!) Maybe it was because the music was louder, maybe it was because I could focus in more on it, but that was definitely helping me get into his groove (I should've stayed longer!)

The bass out of that cabinet was insane....it was louder than the one in the corner too. It was funny the looks on our faces when that one big song hit :laugh: I had to hold on or else I was gonna fall off. And for as loud as the sound was my ears didn't ring the next day at all (and I still have my hearing).

I was dead by 6 so I can imagine how everyone elses legs felt later in the night. Danny never let up which he usually does. The dancing energy was dead but the vibe was on point.

I was such a zombie at work last night.....staring at the walls when people would talk to me :confused::cool:

Originally posted by kaydup

Hey anyone up for Louie Devito on Sat:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, yes :rolleyes: In my tired state last night I figured what the hell...I'll go check him out if I can get on a list (unless someone is driving down to Lawler). Listening to KTU this weekend, basically playing nothing but wack ass dance songs that are on his new cd..... I figured if I get half in a bottle of jack I wont know the diffrence anyways.

Danysh doesnt believe me :laugh:

Originally posted by kaydup

Well, this makes me feel a little better about missing it, but not a whole lot! :(

It will definatly take an act of god to keep me away next month. I mean it!!!!

Hey anyone up for Louie Devito on Sat:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

actually i asked brian where yo were??? and vicki too

Originally posted by teamj5

The bass out of that cabinet was insane....it was louder than the one in the corner too. It was funny the looks on our faces when that one big song hit :laugh: I had to hold on or else I was gonna fall off. And for as loud as the sound was my ears didn't ring the next day at all (and I still have my hearing).

You are talking about the one you were sitting on at the end of the night right??? omg i went home and my ears were ringing! :eek: after i jumped into bed and laid down thats all i could hear and couldn't get to sleep :( my guy was like what's wrong with you??? haha. jackie is smart with the ear plugs

I knew it!!!! teamj5 is a closet Devito-head. Well, I hope he plays a lot of overplayed, teenie bopper "techno" music for you, but what are the odds of that happening :tongue::rolleyes:

I've got my friend's bachelor party last Sat/Sun of next month, so I'm not going to be able to make it down for Danny H round II.

Mike, I seriously threw my hand down to grasp onto the speaker when that song hit... I thought I was going to be thrown to the floor (glad to know it wasn't just me!!) The whole time I was sitting up there it felt like I was on a boat or something... man, now I really wish I'd stayed there longer!

Something tells me that I'm going to miss Devito, but I think I'm going to see Sandra Collins/Joeski this weekend. Someone told me it's going to be a hell of a party ;)

i don't know why i'm not getting these messages reported to my email.. but anyway..

if i was going to be here in boston i would *definitely* be in NYC for Lawler.. it's going to be a crazy show.. people haven't seen him in awhile so the crowd is going to be eager... man oh man.. makes me sad... but then again.. i'll be in Tahoe :D

Glad you all had a good time and made it back safe. I wanted to go soooo bad but need to save my money for this weekend (Friday at Avalon then Saturday for Lawler). If any of you guys are planning on heading down to NYC for Lawler send me a PM b4 Saturday so we can meet up.

Originally posted by nycchic24

You are talking about the one you were sitting on at the end of the night right??? omg i went home and my ears were ringing! :eek: after i jumped into bed and laid down thats all i could hear and couldn't get to sleep :( my guy was like what's wrong with you??? haha. jackie is smart with the ear plugs

Yeah that was them :woah:

I thought for sure my ears would be in pain the next day but they weren't. I must be going deaf.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I knew it!!!! teamj5 is a closet Devito-head. Well, I hope he plays a lot of overplayed, teenie bopper "techno" music for you, but what are the odds of that happening :tongue::rolleyes:

I've got my friend's bachelor party last Sat/Sun of next month, so I'm not going to be able to make it down for Danny H round II.

Mike, I seriously threw my hand down to grasp onto the speaker when that song hit... I thought I was going to be thrown to the floor (glad to know it wasn't just me!!) The whole time I was sitting up there it felt like I was on a boat or something... man, now I really wish I'd stayed there longer!

Something tells me that I'm going to miss Devito, but I think I'm going to see Sandra Collins/Joeski this weekend. Someone told me it's going to be a hell of a party ;)

Nothing about me involves a closet or Louie Devito :laugh: I re-thought my Saturday plans :rolleyes:

I'm already looking forward to DH round 2

Friday is a certain

Originally posted by teamj5

Nothing about me involves a closet or Louie Devito :laugh: I re-thought my Saturday plans :rolleyes:

I'm already looking forward to DH round 2

Friday is a certain

Well thats good I thought that you were hanging in a closet with Louie Devito. Doing god only knows:laugh: