Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Love... at all?

Anyone here believe that Love is some foolish construct that REALLY doesn't exist, and that by fooling ourselves into believing it does we are simply stressing ourselves out instead of following our carnal drives to forget this 'monogomous' madness and simply do whatever the hell we want with anyone we want even if it hurts someone else?

I met someone, once, who firmly believed this to be true.

It's a very innate feeling, though...imo

I can't help but feel these emotions that I define as "love"...

If I or anyone else tried to define exactly what "love" or "real love" is, I do believe we'd all fail...

How do you choose to love someone?

Originally posted by wideskies

I think that love is an IDEA, and has certain emotions attached to it. Real love, whatever that is, is a choice.

imo.

Strongly disagree. Ive never been in love so i cant comment personally but ive seen my friends and family in love. My parents are literally merged, i dont think even they can imagine being apart.

to imply that such a deep kind of union arises from pure emotion alone, i feel, downplays its profundity.

Love is often profound...

Love is often deep...

Love is often wonderous...

Love is often stupid...

Emotions themselves are very profound, IMO. What matters is how people shape it and let it shape them.

Don't let a pre-conceived image of what you think Love should be cloud what it actually is. :]

the reason why i think love is an Idea and not merely an emotion is because it seems impossible to pin down the exact nature of this emotion.

love means so many different things to different individuals.

what does it mean, exactly, to "love"? if someone asks "what does it mean/how does it feel to be sad?" the feeling is easier to pin down than for the question "what does it mean to love/feel love?"

love is not.. . absolute.

No, it's not...

But if you hold the same standards to other emotions, you'll find that you won't be able to exactly pinpoint them either.

Love is more multi-faceted than our other emotions, true. And it may indeed be hard to define.

But you love, and so do I. You hate, and so do I. You hurt, and so do I. You feel joy, and so do I. Doesn't mean it has to be the same thing in any case for the both of us.

"the reason why i think love is an Idea and not merely an emotion is because it seems impossible to pin down the exact nature of this emotion. "

i said that, but looking back at it, i realize that not pinning down the exact nature of what love is ... is not why i think love is an idea. in fact, i even said "this emotion" when referring to love, so clearly i had no idea what i was talking about. :P

to revise: when i think of emotions, i think of "feelings"... when i think of love, i don't JUST think of a feeling, i think of so much more that doesn't even have to do with just feeling something.

this is so much easier to just talk about IRL :P

Originally posted by tripinchick

I don't think choice is a factor. You can not choose who you love. You can only love them, there is no reason nor need for one.

choice is ALWAYS a factor, unless u believe in predestination or something... i feel we are the only ones who can control ourselves, and therefore even in love do we have choice.

choice to pursue.. choice to let ourselves love.. choice to continue loving.

Anyone here believe that Love is some foolish construct that REALLY doesn't exist, and that by fooling ourselves into believing it does we are simply stressing ourselves out instead of following our carnal drives to forget this 'monogomous' madness and simply do whatever the hell we want with anyone we want even if it hurts someone else?

I met someone, once, who firmly believed this to be true.

. . . I really shouldn't answer that . . .