Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ROXY REOPENS FRI JUNE 7TH. WITH THE PHAZON 2002...and..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are doing all these renovations to roxy for us and they havnet even reopened and you guys are already complaining.. jesus!! Have some faiith in Dave and Lainie!! And stop your damn bitching!

Originally posted by cesarleo

Also, nothing against Vicious.....but can we have some serious international talent in there rather than Vicious every week....just a thought!

exactly! i'm sure lots of people feel the same way. roxy is a good venue, now it has great sound system, bring someone who can really use it and it'll be onee of the most popular spots on the east coast.

Originally posted by snoozi8

now that the sound system is redone, get some good djs in there for heaven's sake... out with the old and in with the new!

yeah what she said. i'll be there on the opening night. I haven't been to Roxy since my car was broken into, around Febraury I guess. :cool:

Originally posted by £ddie

Seriously. I doubt anything will change though. Hearing "Rapture" on the Phazon doesn't get me amped. :zzz:

Johnny turns it up a notch when the the occasion calls for it, I'm sure opening night will be no different.

Okay, great, it opens back up on June 7th which Phazon and renovations but will the DJs performing be of quality?

It ain't worth it till they are....And Vinyl's gettin Phazon too! Now there's something to cheer about knowing their DJ history!

~kAt~

Originally posted by misskittie

And Vinyl's gettin Phazon too! Now there's something to cheer about knowing their DJ history!

~kAt~

kittie, where did you get this info from? there were rumors that vinyl was closing soon... now they are getting phazon? i hope it's true... DT on phazon, what else would you ever need? ok, maybe throw in Howells once a month.... this really sounds too good to be true.

Originally posted by philo

kittie, where did you get this info from? there were rumors that vinyl was closing soon... now they are getting phazon? i hope it's true... DT on phazon, what else would you ever need? ok, maybe throw in Howells once a month.... this really sounds too good to be true.

it's on phazons website.

Originally posted by philo

Yea, its on Phazon 's Website that it's coming soon. In addition to that, the place is going to be doing some renovations (which we can already see) and I was told over the weekend there may be a name change!

How sweet it is....:D

Originally posted by misskittie

Okay, great, it opens back up on June 7th which Phazon and renovations but will the DJs performing be of quality?

It ain't worth it till they are....And Vinyl's gettin Phazon too! Now there's something to cheer about knowing their DJ history!

~kAt~

:D :D :D ....OO YESHHH!

Whenever someone gets the 411 on who will be d.j.'ing this grand reopening, please let us all know. Phazon=awesome music, so I hope they have a good treat for us!

Maybe it'll be Draper, Tsettos, Mendez, Boris, or one of those INTERNATIONALLY known d.j.'s

:blown::gang::biggun::bits:

I hope it's one of those guys:vomit3:

:shades2:

ok call me dumb but if roxy is going through renovations and they are putting in a phazon sounds system which i think would take a while to complete. then how the hell are they open on saturday nights? cause i know last saturday the place was packed for peters birthday. someone fill me in here.

Z

Originally posted by jackzelvrp

ok call me dumb but if roxy is going through renovations and they are putting in a phazon sounds system which i think would take a while to complete. then how the hell are they open on saturday nights? cause i know last saturday the place was packed for peters birthday. someone fill me in here.

Z

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats weird.. :confused:

Originally posted by jackzelvrp

Z

Thats exactly what I was just gonna post. Roxy is not closed..lol. Roxy's Saturday night party is alive and well, packed to the doors. I was just there over the weekend. What are you all talking about? I don't see any renovations going on in there or anything like that. :confused: John Blairs party is crazy..hmm, maybe they closed Friday nights because it's been struggling to pull a crowd? I've never been on a Friday but I heard it wasnt filling up?

But whatever the case is, Roxy is open on Saturdays going strong.

The roxy party on saturday is open. This party has been going on for 4 years. Perhaps the reason not to close the night might be based on the fact that they didn't want to lose their crowd perhaps to juniors party at exit. Since the saturday night is established they will remain open during construction. The decision to close fridays, since fridays was still in its infancy, was agreed upon by the owners and promoters so that when fridays open up again, it'll be fresh and new. It makes promotional sense. Let draper come back to exit, let the sf have its day, lets get through finals, lets get through memorial day weekend...use this time to do the research and prepare to come back strong on june 7th with a new and more exciting night. If you were renovationg your house, wouldn't it be better to move out for awhile until it was completed instead of living in it while the renovations were going on. Then when you move back in..everything is new, fresh and exciting. I think it makes sense.

Originally posted by BobG

The roxy party on saturday is open. This party has been going on for 4 years. Perhaps the reason not to close the night might be based on the fact that they didn't want to lose their crowd perhaps to juniors party at exit. Since the saturday night is established they will remain open during construction. The decision to close fridays, since fridays was still in its infancy, was agreed upon by the owners and promoters so that when fridays open up again, it'll be fresh and new. It makes promotional sense. Let draper come back to exit, let the sf have its day, lets get through finals, lets get through memorial day weekend...use this time to do the research and prepare to come back strong on june 7th with a new and more exciting night. If you were renovationg your house, wouldn't it be better to move out for awhile until it was completed instead of living in it while the renovations were going on. Then when you move back in..everything is new, fresh and exciting. I think it makes sense.

That's great and all but where was the construction on Saturday night? June 7th is a month from today...they're gonna have a new Phazon installed as well and new lights in a month?

I'll get in touch with John Blair and see what the deal is. I'm not doubting what you're saying, I just think maybe June 7th might be a little too early.. ???