Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PROS/CONS of Roxy. ::::I need everyone's input::::

I want to hear all your thoughts about Roxy Fridays. Every little detail. Please break down pros/cons.

Let me hear about what's good, what's bad...and what THEY need to do to improve.

Why do you love going to the club?

Why do you not enjoy the club?

--What would make Roxy emerge as #1 Fridays 18+ party?

No idea is a bad idea! But please first list pros/cons.

Thanks,

Dave

Originally posted by davenaves

I want to hear all your thoughts about Roxy Fridays. Every little detail. Please break down pros/cons.

Let me hear about what's good, what's bad...and what THEY need to do to improve.

Thanks,

Dave

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by davenaves

Thanks,

Dave

pros:

great strong drinks, great crowd, great atmosphere, security is pretty good, good resident and good guest djs, the fact that you can wear almsot anything is nice, the door is not so bad, and the roxy card has got to be the biggest pro of all!

cons:

actually i really cant think of any cons except maybe the young crowd but duh, its an 18+ party so it really doesnt bother me! no complains here....just that, when is it going to reopen:mad: ?

i have a con its that theres no international dj's there bring in dj's like sasha and digweed, carl cox, all those type thats what u need and it will be packed every week... please its what the city needs, and not to mention u have the phazon now with those dj's in there will be out of control...

the music needs a lot more variety. i understand the dj has to cater to the "pop" crowd but that doesnt mean he has to play the same shit over and over and over again. i think the track selection ive ever heard there has been horrible.

also, the security are complete assholes and are very annoying.

maybe have more theme nights or something along those lines. that crowd seems to go for that type of stuff.

overall, ive had some fun in the place, and the Phazxon is going to be a BIG BIG plus. hioefully it'll go to good use

hey i got an idea why doesnt roxy have a girl's wet tshirt contest every month! and the winner gets a free VIP pass! and for the girls who say ok the guys have get a wet tshirt contest, what about us what do we get? i have the solution as well! since we get to see a wet t shirt contest you girls get to mud wrestle that one girl who keeps looking at your man! what does everyone think!?

peace,

lavito

One big pro: When Roxy says they are going to do something, they stay true to their word.

ie: When they tell you ladies are free before 12, they do not open doors at 11:50.

IMO opinion we got spoiled with Roxy, we always went to the club expecting to get screwed somehow (the exit frame of mind, you almost always get screwed there) but never did.

I guess a Con would be the younger crowd, but that is everywhere. If you go to listen to experience the music, don't worry about hooking up with 16 year olds, that is just my opinion though. :)

More international talent would be nice, I personally want to hear more sets from Mike Macaluso.

Even though I don't dig hard house as much as I did a while back, Mad Myles set was enjoyable too.

I'm very partial towards Roxy because they have taken care of us.:)

Originally posted by legend38

One big pro: When Roxy says they are going to do something, they stay true to their word.

ie: When they tell you ladies are free before 12, they do not open doors at 11:50.

IMO opinion we got spoiled with Roxy, we always went to the club expecting to get screwed somehow (the exit frame of mind, you almost always get screwed there) but never did.

I guess a Con would be the younger crowd, but that is everywhere. If you go to listen to experience the music, don't worry about hooking up with 16 year olds, that is just my opinion though. :)

More international talent would be nice, I personally want to hear more sets from Mike Macaluso.

Even though I don't dig hard house as much as I did a while back, Mad Myles set was enjoyable too.

I'm very partial towards Roxy because they have taken care of us.:)

u are 100% right. i would just wish the place would stay crowded pasted 3:30, the afterhours with vicious would be INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Originally posted by jonathanny

u are 100% right. i would just wish the place would stay crowded pasted 3:30, the afterhours with vicious would be INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Good point, it sucks when it clears out real early. When Mac spun the place cleared out, and that was a hot set.

Originally posted by legend38

Good point, it sucks when it clears out real early. When Mac spun the place cleared out, and that was a hot set.

this is an excellent point! i think that it would be soooooo hot if the place would be pretty packed! not too packed but descent enough. but i think its the fact that everyone is young and they have to be in bed b4 their curfue!

pros

peeps are chill

my man vicious has the ability to kill the place

roxy cards are nice

drinks are strong

girls are ill

cons

the crowd is to young

they leave at 4am whiich is peak time for a club

the crowd wants to hear derb tracks all night

vicious caters to the crowd which doesnt know good music

guest djs have been wack

bring in some real trance djs

the space is perfect for big time djs to come in and rip the place apart

MARCOOOOOO V

Originally posted by msoprano13

pros

peeps are chill

my man vicious has the ability to kill the place

roxy cards are nice

drinks are strong

girls are ill

cons

the crowd is to young

they leave at 4am whiich is peak time for a club

the crowd wants to hear derb tracks all night

vicious caters to the crowd which doesnt know good music

guest djs have been wack

bring in some real trance djs

the space is perfect for big time djs to come in and rip the place apart

MARCOOOOOO V

marco v is the answer!

hmm what ROXY needs is a great opener... Bring in somone like Anthony Nero.. Shawn Ink, someone with a name that we all know.. And then have vicious for afterhours... You do that you then have immediate afterhours.

Also, i feel the free admission is BS.. If you wanna come to a club then pay the price of admission... Some people work their asses off and dont get jack for it because they letting in everyone under the sun in just to pack in the place.. yeah it looks good having it packed but when you arent making money whats the point.

Theme parties.... well what can i say... other than what a joke... I mean you tell the promoters about a week to a week and a half before the party.. I mean concentrate on having a theme party once a month.. give the promoters some time to make shit happen. If you give everyone a month to promote a party you will see results.. And not to mention, when you have a theme party i.e. (cancun party) and you have a hot body contest dont make it to be a joke.. I mean cmon lets get a beach ball and throw it around all night.. wow what a beach party. i dunno i may sound bitter but the place has soo much potential... however certain things in my mind ruin the club...

And about the bouncers.. i dont know who said that they are a pain in the ass.. but from my experience they are some of the coolest motherf*cking bouncers around.. they let you be as long as you arent stupid bout things.. they throw you out.. guess what you were prolly doing something wrong in the first place...

hmmm trying to think if there anything else.... oh yeah... one last request!!!!!!

PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD

Ok i think ya get my point.

listen i worked that party from the day is opened and i might mention i pulled 43 people the first night... And left there to go back to SF friday nights... Bobby you know me, A-Luv knows me Mike BMI, Breeze you all know me... And you know that I would love nothing other than to come back to roXy. And in fact am in plans on coming back... So to sum up this story.. "sowwies" lets start doing this right....

MY QUICK SUMMARY OF NEEDED CHANGED

1. opening DJ (creates afterhours)

2. actual real theme parties not half assed.

3. Do away with the free admission (you got promoters if they arent producing, cut them and get some that will.)

4. bring the vicious of old back... i know johnny personally and i told him on the classics night how amazing the music was..

5. Make having guestlist have its prestige again like it did 3/4/5 years ago.. Dont just give people 5 bucks off admission.. I mean nobody cares bout gettin on a guestlist for saving 5 bucks i used to remember when you got vip treatment for using a list.. now its just a joke.

YO VERY GOOD POINTS BRO

the phazon means jack shit if i gotta hear derb and rapture on it....fuck that....if the old vicious comes back like on classics night you will see me in there every fri speinding money at the bar....

and rotating djs is a must

you gotta change it up a bit.......

and an afterhours party will work if you bring the heavy hitters in to close the club out...like 2-8

like they all say

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME