Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have you ever taken dance classes--?

tap, ballet, and jazz when I was 3-9 (cant really bust out any of those moves) and gymnastics (5-9) till I busted my ankle, wore a cast for 6 months and weekly whirlpool treatments for over a yr :rolleyes:

I started dancin at age 4 and Im still doing it today (Im almost 19). I have done ballet, jazz, tap, Irish step, and this urban dancing course where you kinda combined hip-hop breaking pop-and-lock etc. I also do gymnastics and Ive done those since I was 4 too. One branched off to another......thats how it usually goes for most people.

*Naomi

I took jazz, tap, ballet, lyrical, acrobatics until i was a junior in HS. I used to compete with my school. Like an idiot, I gave it up. Biggest regret in my life. Some years later, I started takin classes again in the City. But that didnt last long.

:(

I started dancing at the age of two at my Mother's Dance Studio.

I also went to the "Performing Arts High School" (Fame School) and majored in Dance.

Throughout all the years I have studied the following forms of Dance:

BALLET

TAP

JAZZ

MODERN

LYRICAL

HIP-HOP

FLAMENCO

SALSA

AFRICAN

STREET-JAZZ

MUSICAL THEATRE :)

...and now I just teach and choreograph for my Dance Teams, Company, and Advanced Dance Classes @ my Dance Studios.

...When I am Dancing,I am at my most HAPPiEST Moment :)

i started at age 4 and went through Jr year in high school and then one year in college (just jazz) and then one more year after that. (so 14 years all together) I did just about everything early, but mostly just ballet and jazz.

yeah i'd have to agree with CMB1975 that my only regret was letting dance slide. I have to admit i love that movie Center Stage (as cheesy as it was)

and yeah, i still do remember mostly everything i learned. i still dance around my house :laugh: but my technique sucks :tongue:

we should all take a hip hop class some sunday after Vinyl when we're all cracked out lol

Wow GLOW why haven't I seen you dance I wonder if I ever heard of your company or teams groups from our studio perform and compete all over the place where is your studio??

Originally posted by xpander

Nope...but I'm considering going to the Bronx to learn how to b-boy after I graduate...

HEY NATH!

I'll join you. I got some connections up there, as long as we bring our own boombox and cardboard to lay out ;)

But seriously, i used to be babysat by a group of b-boys in my neighboorhood. Just imagine a lil blonde tyke learnin' to get down with some hard-ass boyzzz :cool:

Originally posted by gmccookny

HEY NATH!

I'll join you. I got some connections up there, as long as we bring our own boombox and cardboard to lay out ;)

But seriously, i used to be babysat by a group of b-boys in my neighboorhood. Just imagine a lil blonde tyke learnin' to get down with some hard-ass boyzzz :cool:

Oh shit, break out the cardboard boxes...we are so there... :laugh:

After all, what screams b-boy more than a depressed 6'2 Chinese guy and a hyperactive blond boy?

But seriously, if you're interested, I'd really check it out during the summer when I have some time... :D

i took ballet when i was reaaaally young, and also did about a year of ballroom/latin dance when i was 18. i've forgotten a lot of the steps, although i have a pretty good sense for rhythm and movements so i figure i would be able to pick them up again quickly.

i'm still waiting on lapdance lessons from Brickhouse...

Originally posted by xpander

Oh shit, break out the cardboard boxes...we are so there... :laugh:

After all, what screams b-boy more than a depressed 6'2 Chinese guy and a hyperactive blond boy?

But seriously, if you're interested, I'd really check it out during the summer when I have some time... :D

:D

There's actually a class that's offered in Queens somewhere (saw it in an old New York Times article), so let me dig it up, and i'll share the info once i find it ;)

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

...When I am Dancing,I am at my most HAPPiEST Moment :)

i can tell haha......i could seriously watch you and your boyfriend dance for hours its just like i dont know i cant even describe it

i started takin dance lessons when i was in kindergaden. then i quit for a yr. then i went back and danced till my senior yr in hs. i miss it soo much!! i took tap, jazz, ballet (bleh!!) lyrical, this cheer dance thing...my fav part was when we'd go to competitions!! i miss that so much. i was planning on takin a class in the city this past yr but then 9/11 happened and i jsut never went. im gonna start next fall when im back up at school and closer. do any of you guys take classes in the city or anywhere?? :D

~~~started when i was 6 took modern, ballroom, salsa.......i have to agree my biggest regret is stopping taking classes wellat least now i can dance at clubs and nurse glow i know exactly what u mean when i dance is when im the happiest...when im upset i put in a cd and dance around my room and i feel better:D

I took ballet and tap as a little kid but I stopped when I was 7. I wish I had kept going. I didn't dance again till I joined dance team in high school and I'm still on dance team here at college (Go Hoyas!!!) which is loads of fun, but if I had kept dancing between elementary and high school I'd be waaaaay better right now. I have to take some classes over the summer, I want to get back into ballet and do some more jazz.. maaaaaybe tap but I'm not sure on that.

Thank You TRANCEND :) :)

-Snoozie...My dance studios are located in brooklyn... "Vicky Simegiatos Performing Arts Center" & Dance Studios

Company name is Vicky Simegiatos Dance Company :)

My mother was a professional Ballet dancer in Greece and then came to The US with a scholarship to the American Ballet Theater.

My sister also went to the "School of American Ballet" for 9 years... I was always more into jazz...but I loved ballet as well...

Here is a pic of me...

attachment.php?postid=815251

And here is Picture of my mother...and others of my dance company, also one picture is of My sister,Mom,and I dancing together :)

attachment.php?postid=815255

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Thank You TRANCEND :) :)

-Snoozie...My dance studios are located in brooklyn... "Vicky Simegiatos Performing Arts Center" & Dance Studios

Company name is Vicky Simegiatos Dance Company :)

My mother was a professional Ballet dancer in Greece and then came to The US with a scholarship to the American Ballet Theater.

My sister also went to the "School of American Ballet" for 9 years... I was always more into jazz...but I loved ballet as well...

~~~wow thats like a whole legacy thing! ur mom is very beautiful:)