Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is there really such a thing as a pathological liar?...

i know one (or two.. actually) its the #1 sign of low self esteem. they create stories to impress people and suddenly they confused fiction with fact.

one of my good friends unfortunately has this problem... coincidentally she started going out wiht a guy who had the same problem. ! :laugh: although its not funny, we thought it was a match made in heaven. I was good friends with one of his friends, so i always would double check the stories.. lol it got really confusing if she would re-tell a story that he had told her. yo dont know how many times it was twisted around. we joke about creating a mini translator to find out the real truth... :tongue:

Originally posted by nycchic24

i know one (or two.. actually) its the #1 sign of low self esteem. they create stories to impress people and suddenly they confused fiction with fact.

one of my good friends unfortunately has this problem... coincidentally she started going out wiht a guy who had the same problem. ! :laugh: although its not funny, we thought it was a match made in heaven. I was good friends with one of his friends, so i always would double check the stories.. lol it got really confusing if she would re-tell a story that he had told her. yo dont know how many times it was twisted around. we joke about creating a mini translator to find out the real truth... :tongue:

it makes for interesting times when we are all out together and a story comes out about what we all did on a certain day and we really did no such thing, lol...

The best thing is to call them out on their stories. It's funny how they'll come up w/ an explanation for their stories. I know because I used to work with one, and I live with one now.

I have a friend that's a pathological liar. For example, she told me she lives alone yet my sister dropped her off once and turns out she lives in the attic of her uncle's house.

But still insists that she lives on her own! Then she told a mutual friend that she lives with her half brother and is trying to kick him out? wtf?!?!

Another time she was soo trashed that she wanted to change back into her work dress in the car. Fine, I get the dress from the back seat. She's fumbling with it trying to get it through her head, I try to help her and she tells me "Alex, I know how to put it on, I designed this dress, I know my own WORK, ALEX LET ME DO IT!" rrripppppp:laugh: By this point I'm so frustrated with her that I turn the dress the right way and I see an EXPRESS label on the dress:rolleyes: YET SHE STILL SAID SHE DESIGNED IT! "No, you did not design this dress, EXPRESS did."

"Alex I did design it, you don't know what you're talking about"

That's a small sample of the tall tales she tries to pass as truth!