Clubplanet Nightlife Community

auto injury question

hey anyone here have any experience w/ auto accidents and personal injury? got into a wreck on tues, may need to make a claim against the other guy's insurance. here in texas, i've learned that it's mandatory for auto insurance to carry PIP - personal injury protection, which is usually $2500. but that's against your OWN insurance, and i understand that if you're injured you can also make a claim against the other guy, especially when the other guy's insurance has already claimed responsibility for the accident and has already arranged to take car of auto damage. anyone? i've been advised so far by my chiropractor here, and he's encouraging me to get a lawyer, etc etc.

I got a lawyer when I was in a serious car accident and it took 3 years to settle. I did end up w/ $12,000 though. Keep your options open. See what the other insurance company is willing to do for you. Tell them you are thinking of getting a lawyer.

GL! I'm glad you're okay!

since you were injured I suggest you contact a lawyer. Have you seen a DR yet? If not you should.

Glad you are ok, get a neck brace. Even if you don't need one it's good for sympathy and bigger insurance checks. Might want to look into a cane or crutches. If you need a black eye or something hit yourself with a cucumber, it doesn't hurt that bad but will cause for some serious bruises. Also, put ice over your nose until it is really numb then slam into a door, that might black both your eyes as well as break your nose. But whatever you do don't try and fraud the insurance claim, you might go to jail.

Originally posted by nautilus60

Definitely get a lawyer. They know what to do and it wont cost you a thing. I think layewer takes 33% of the compensation check. You'll still make out with 2-3 grand and it wont affect your insurance rate.

is that 33% standard? that's what my doc told me today too