Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Picotto June 7th @ Space?????

mikeydny

Originally posted by Nolimit

picotto is overated!

i heard him play at twilo last year and it was the most excruciating set i've ever heard on the phazon.

This is the same way I feel about Sasha and Digweed - so what?

The guy simply asked if anyone could confirm the set date, not people's opinions of him.

Originally posted by gwyllion

This is the same way I feel about Sasha and Digweed - so what?

The guy simply asked if anyone could confirm the set date, not people's opinions of him.

Thank you :D

and didnt Picotto play @ Twilo in 2000? I could be wrong, didn't think it was last year though....

He was real good, amazing energy u feed off him during his set, in February, im expecting the same.

Originally posted by mikeydny

Thank you :D

and didnt Picotto play @ Twilo in 2000? I could be wrong, didn't think it was last year though....

Yep. December 2000. I guess that can constitute as "last year" though. Unfortunately, I missed him then, so I am making up for my loss.

any dj that plays 99% of their productions bores the shit out of me. his sets might have the energy, might have the hard pounding sound that the space crowd yearns for, but his programming, track selection, and mixing leaves a lot to desire for.

dude still plays iguanna and lizard.. that's sad...

Originally posted by Nolimit

any dj that plays 99% of their productions bores the shit out of me. his sets might have the energy, might have the hard pounding sound that the space crowd yearns for, but his programming, track selection, and mixing leaves a lot to desire for.

dude still plays iguanna and lizard.. that's sad...

I disagree with his mixing, when he spun @ space last time, his mixing was FLAWLESS, his whole set sounded like one song.

Since i have a lot of friends that like picotto i decided to download his newest cd which it isn't so new, the whole thing had this infernal pounding, throught out the whole CD, it sounded like if he

had a drum machine keeping tempo for him. the bassline did not change at all, kinda got annoying

maybe im missing something here, but, isnt the true measure of a DJ if they can make the people in the room dandce....dosent really matter what kind of music thier playing...if they move the crowd....

isnt that how this whole thing began??...DJs making the people in the room dance...

if you think about it...the DJ is concept that has really evolved in the last 10 to 15 years...basically someone putting together pre recorded music to make people dance...programing, track selection, mixing...all encompasses what the DJ is....if a DJ picks the wrong songs to play..people wont dance, if a DJ mixes are off..people cant dance...if the programming is bad..then there will be no energy...

so.......when any DJ walks into a party of 50 or a party of 500 or a party of 5000 or a party of 50000 and makes the people dance....he has done his job and thats the bottom line.

you know, i think Derek Jeter steps outside of the batters box when he swings and i dont like the way he leads off first base..but, you know what??....there must be a reason I'M the one watching HIM on tv...

1st things first, you are way outtta line calling this guy a wannabe. Some of us lizard lovers might take it personal!!!

Everything about this guy is authentic, and now someone has a problem hearing the songs that the dj actually made... Who else would be able to play them better than the man who sat in the studio for hours and hours... Its true, his style may be a little to hard core, but it does not lack taste or vibe to it!!! Anyone afraid of alitte bass and 140 bpms can go to the hip hop room! Whoever caught him at space knows what im talking about... And for the record, he did the same thing at shadow lounge for last years wmc..

CANT WAIT TILL JUNE 7

Ill be the guy with the red laser display saying LIZARD or KOMODO or Picotto, MAURO whatever, but ill be bouncing right smack in front of the italian stallion!!!

Hi everyone,i'm from the uk and go to Gatecrasher most months.Picotto gets a lot of stick but i've been to all 4 of his six hour sets,saw him at the summer sound system festival and at Godskitchen NYE and every time he has rocked it.

It's simple if you don't like his sound,don't go to see him,there will always be plenty of people that will.

Next 6hr set is May 25th can't wait.:)

hooray, damn this gives chris fortier and steve porter competition on june 7th. damn biz all these outta hand dj's are coming. picotto is amazing. his set in february was a 9 outta 10. space was going bonkers. hard house and hard beats everywhere. sounds like picotto it is on the 7th. biz i see u smilin

I was there at Space for Picotto in Feb'02 and he rocked the place. Like some else said, if he isn't your cup of tea then don't go see him. But just b/c u think he sucks does not mean that everyone else has to agree with you and the same go as well towards others that don't agree w/ u.

Personally he is pretty good in my book. :cool: