Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saeed and Palash - Spin last night

pod

Great set by the DC duo. I knew when Saeed started off with 'I feel Stereo' I was in for a good night....

From tribal to a few circuit house remixes, it was great. Spin's service was outstanding, the doorguy in the blue suit is quite good. I must say, Spin is giving crobar a run for it's money in terms of being the best soundsytem on the beach.

Nice to see Danny, Mimi, Macfunk, Spacious (well obviously!), BizNation (thanks for the drinks!), and a few other CP folk in attendance.

I'm gonna be at The Living Room and Liquid tonight interchangably, so someone tell me how they do at Space.

Images in a couple of days :)

Originally posted by pod

Spin is giving crobar a run for it's money in terms of being the best soundsytem on the beach.

I noticed that during WMC- for the Way out West set! The sound system was fawking insane. I don't know if it's just the acustics or if they've got some super whack system, but it was loud- clear- and hittin' me hard all damn night. They had the place rigged so Tiesto could do I live PA w/ some chic Mavi.....off the hookedy hook- at least as far as sound was concerned.

Dan- what do they got rigged in there anyways?

yeah, Saeed & Palash are truly great. Its funny how they are received and appreciated in places like Miami, NY, London, and how they are known for their work, yet they are not even residents at anyplace in DC. Well Saeed spins in non-consecutive Thursdays at a small loungie club called Red but still.

Same thing happened in the past with Deep Dish, known and apprecaited in many places around the world, yet it was just recently that they got a residency at Buzz.

Originally posted by vicman

yeah, Saeed & Palash are truly great. Its funny how they are received and appreciated in places like Miami, NY, London, and how they are known for their work, yet they are not even residents at anyplace in DC. Well Saeed spins in non-consecutive Thursdays at a small loungie club called Red but still.

Same thing happened in the past with Deep Dish, known and apprecaited in many places around the world, yet it was just recently that they got a residency at Buzz.

I think that's pretty commonplace down here too. Local DJ's like Oscar G, Edgar, Ariel Baund, Jon Cowan- are spinnin all over the country and in Europe but don't get much recognition on the home front!

Well, Spin is sporting EAW DC3s for the mid-highs, DCS2s for the low end, and some DCT1s for the extreme highs...

Monitors consisting of Nexo PS10s, and everything is powered by Crest CA-series amps.

In the booth is the Rane MP-2016, the usual 1200s, a Pioneer EFX-500, a Denon DN-2600F dual CD player, and various EQs and so forth.

Lighting, well it's damn fine rig. Elation Colorspot 250s, the little brothers of the 575s at Liquid, Coemar Digiscans, the classic Highend Trackspots, a Martin smoke generator, all controlled by the Martin Lightjockey system.

Oh and don't forget about the Kryogenifex nitrogen system.

Well, you wanted to know, didn't ya?!?! :)

hey Pod,

and what about the specs from Crobar?. Personally, I think Crobar has a better sound system than Spin but have to agree that Spin has a good system, like Joey says loud but still clear.

I don't know, just that Crobar is my favorite club and I love their sound system. :D :D

It's all DJ dependent of course. I've heard crobar's system sound horrid, as well as Spin's. Saeed and Palash knew how to work the Spin rig.

I did say 'give a run for the money', not 'Spin's system is kicking crobar's ass'. In other words, it comes really close, closer than any other club has...

If you want the crobar specs, I'll ask Saif and post 'em.

wassss upppp mrdigital 7. good to see u and senor bizz at spin last night. i loved saeed and palash's set so much that i am going to space to hear them again. damn these guys were so damn good. they put john creamer to shame. hard to believe they are both affiliated with yoshitoshi. as soon as these guys came on it was pure dirty and delicious progressive house. highlight was when they played "falling" from envy.....

i must agree with the rest of the cpers....great set by s&p....nice meeting digital7 and finally bumping into mimid (nice hanging with u guys, gotta do it again soon)...biznation was a no-show for me, i even checked the hip hop room!!!:puke: and i saw pod jumping around from the dj booth to the front, and i could not say "hi" to him...but overall a good night, had to leave early (3 am) b/c my dates feet were killing her!! (woman and the price of fashion)...but again, door people were great (staff etc.)....spin is my new friday hang out spot!!! keep up the good work!!! :D

danny howells would be fantastic. or omid/16b. eagerly awaiting to hear paul oakenfold live for the first time later this month @ spin. or maybe judge jules. keep the mean and darker and progressive rythyms of house comin. or maybe some tasteful breaks with fatboy slim or rennie pilgrem or dj hyper. just some musical dreams....

Ashley Casselle

Danny Howells

Craig Richards & Lee Burridge

James Zabiela *i agree with diego and phrank* *superstar dj from across the pond that people will fear in the future*

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Dubnetwork