Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Starscape or not to Starscape...

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

He apparently spun "here comes the rain again" I don't remember hearing it... I think my ears were probably bleeding at that point or I was already outside...

Like i said in my other post, Feelgreat's set was horrible! You thought it was cold outside? I loved it! I was dancing quite a bit so it didnt bother me. As for Episode II, I think that is horrible too. The fact that it has even MORE CGI work in it makes it look really artificial. too much of that makes me want to scrape someones eyes out with a spork.

Sopha

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

He apparently spun "here comes the rain again" I don't remember hearing it... I think my ears were probably bleeding at that point or I was already outside...

I wa talking to Alex Whalen when he dropped that and Alex was like, "Well, it is the Fever reunion night. I remember hearing that at Fever parties back in the day..." I guess the reason I was distracted is cuz I was talking to people (and Jen Lasher was around :D ).

i was having a good time on friday when scott henry was on. good thing i got there early enough to catch almost all of his set, 'cos feelgood was yucky. the only time that i've seen him and liked what he played was at the edge in new years, but other than that, the other 4 times i've been dissapointed.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

As for Episode II, I think that is horrible too. The fact that it has even MORE CGI work in it makes it look really artificial. too much of that makes me want to scrape someones eyes out with a spork.

Sopha

You've seen it? I agree that the CG is being overdone. Costuming and puppetry are becoming lost arts. I think that computer graphics should be used to aid the pupetry and stop motin to make them more realistic looking, not replace them.

What was this thread about? Oh, Starscape. Have any of you heard Acquaviva aside from Honeydew last summer? He was housey then. I want some fuckin techno. I'd shut up about techno if we got even a little.

Originally posted by Kuro

You've seen it? I agree that the CG is being overdone. Costuming and puppetry are becoming lost arts. I think that computer graphics should be used to aid the pupetry and stop motin to make them more realistic looking, not replace them.

I love CGI. Eventually, it'll be at the point where you won't be able to tell the difference between real and fake. It's almost there, but there are still shots where you can tell it's fake. But movies are fantasy, and computers can push fantasy a lot further than puppets. That's why we play video games vs. playing with dolls. I guess being a computer geek, I just love watching movies and admiring all the cool things done w/ computers. I loved Toy Story and Shrek and Bug's Life. The stories were entertaining, but the imagery was amazing.

Oh. I got tix for the midnight showing. I gotta take off now and get in line. *Happy dance* :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I guess being a computer geek, I just love watching movies and admiring all the cool things done w/ computers.

I too know a little something about being a computer geek. My problem isn't with compute graphics, it's with things that don't look right. Things aren't to the point where they look real. And I don't think fancy effects just for the sake of fancy effects is a good thing. What's important is that things look right, no matter how that's achieved, be it stop motion, puppetry or black magic. And I worry that things might be overdone in this next installment of Star Wars. I also worry about the script. That being said, of course I'm going to see it.