Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I think the writers at Motor trend need to be shot

well...... i think in the end u're right.... the WRX does kick ass

but.... u cant front on the MATRIX.... u really can't.... let's consider the facts....

1) the MATRIX has 180 horsepower w/ a VVTL-i engine... all motor.... 4 wheel drive.... at around 2800 lbs.

2)the WRX has.... around 220 hp..... turbo charged.... AWD.....around 3150 lbs.....

if we look at it just by the numbers.... they're virtually equal.... considering the weight to hp ratios.....

and even though in my opinion the WRX is better.... motortrend definitely has a case for the MATRIX.... comsidering it has a shitload of more room inside.... it's bigger yet lighter.... it handles pretty well for a company that has made a AWD compact since the ALL-TRAC.... it is a pretty kick ass car....

i personally would take the WRX b/c i'm a turbo boost junkie (DSMs baby!!!!).... but if i had the MATRIX.... i really wouldn't mind.... especially b/c when they finish the XS eng turbo kit for that car..... IT"S OVER!!!....

i guess that's more like 10 cents worth huh?

wow vbman... dats amazing u must really know your stuff!!!

r u part of a car crew? i think u should be.. what's that u said??

IMPORTEKNIKA... what's that.. never heard of it.. OH? www.importeknika.com u say? i gotta check it out... oh? i'm actually the guy with the hybrid soon to be boosted crx? i see.. what's that? u think i have boost fetish trying to be like a DSM? i see... no wait... i forgot.. you don't undertand the power of TURBO VTEC!!! ahh dats too bad your axles broke.. stupid dsm's hehehe.. jus kidding josh.. mad love to the diamond star.

btw.. motor trend sux.. i stopped reading that about 7 years ago

Are you kidding me...how can you even compare the Matrix to the WRX. First of all let i mention AWD. Put a Turbo on the matrix, Avg. gain is around 35hp...215hp vs 227 (and thats after spending $5,000 for the turbo kit and installs and crap). Gonna need a clutch upgrade to support the power and in doing that...bye bye tranny. Did I mention how much of an advantage it is to have AWD when starting from a stop? Tire spin? Whats that. I own a 2001 2.5RS...may i just say that if you know how to drive your AWD you have a BIIIGGGGGGGGGG advantage. The matrix may look equal from the numbers point of view but in reality it doesnt stand a chance. If you want a car that is easy to make faster than what it is...buy a V8 or an already turboed car. Did i mention the matrix is ugly?

What a joke!! HP/Weight ratios aren't the only basis for comparison. They got the WRX to do 0-60 in about 5.5 secs. Compare that time to the Matrix. Funny right? Plus nothing beats Subarus 4WD system. Just because it is 4WD doesn't mean they are all equal. I would have to say the Matrix is better looking, but it stops there. Slapping a turbo on that car is a bad idea, the most you can run is 5-6psi without any internal engine work. Even then it won't come close to a WRX.

i'm sorry but i'd take neither... i'll take the, what is it, 28000 for a wrx? buy myself an integra type r in japan, and with the 4000 i saved ship that bitch over here.... i 'll have a MUCH better looking car, a fast fast car that'll out handle any wrx or matrix plus give it a run for it's money speedwise, have a car that nobody else has (an dnot get to drive it either coz the steering wheel i son the wrong side) dats if i had that money tho...

seriously though with that money i'd get myself a a new civic SI which is the best looking one of that fawking ugly boxy hatchback look that's in style these days (what the fawk are ppl thinking?) which is already quick to begin with .. and spend the extra ten grand on a custom turbo from my boys at RPM NYC (the ppl that got bergenholtz to get into the 9's last year)

yeah u see what brand gets my loyalty

Originally posted by crxtacy

i'm sorry but i'd take neither... i'll take the, what is it, 28000 for a wrx? buy myself an integra type r in japan, and with the 4000 i saved ship that bitch over here.... i 'll have a MUCH better looking car, a fast fast car that'll out handle any wrx or matrix plus give it a run for it's money speedwise, have a car that nobody else has (an dnot get to drive it either coz the steering wheel i son the wrong side) dats if i had that money tho...

seriously though with that money i'd get myself a a new civic SI which is the best looking one of that fawking ugly boxy hatchback look that's in style these days (what the fawk are ppl thinking?) which is already quick to begin with .. and spend the extra ten grand on a custom turbo from my boys at RPM NYC (the ppl that got bergenholtz to get into the 9's last year)

yeah u see what brand gets my loyalty

the wrx base price is $23k, not $28k. Fully loaded it tops out at 25k

btw: motor trend placed the focus svt above the civic si (and the se-r and the GTI) 2 issues ago. yep...time to put them out of their misery

Does anyone have the info on the gearing on those 2 cars???

thats pretty important in itself...

and IMO... being an "all-engine" nonturbo car is a disadvantage...

turbo cars are the most easily/cheapest modded cars...

vbman15: what year/model dsm do you have?

(95 talon tsi awd over here)

and as far as "Bad topics"... welcome to cp... if you don't like it... NB doesn't put up with this crap (nor goofy images)... so go check that out...

Originally posted by joeg

and as far as "Bad topics"... welcome to cp... if you don't like it... NB doesn't put up with this crap (nor goofy images)... so go check that out...

It's a fuckin messageboard so calm your titties douche.gifBAG. :idea: