Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lil Info on Limelight

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by starcapone

damn.. LL was my first club. Glad I had a chance to hit it while it was HOT!

Why don't you give it a chance? This goes for everyone who is already posting negative comments not knowing ANYTHING about the new party. LL was great as it was, but it did have it's downsides. I'm looking forward to a new CLEAN Limelight. If you've been there before you know what a dump it was. I heard it's gonna look a lot like Roxy does now...it'll have a lot of steel fixtures and just a overall very clean chic look. As far as I'm concerned, the music and crowd make the party and if the new LimeLight draws the same crowd and have the same music we've been accustomed to then it'll be dope! I've only gone on Sundays, so I can't speak for every other night but Sundays @ LL were incredible..always had SO mcuh fun, especially when Junior would stop by to spin. Junior Classics night was one of my best clubbing expierences ever...rivals DT @ Vinyl and Twilo. With LL opening back up as well as Crobar, the city is in for a treat this fall! I personally welcome the new options!!

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

LMFAO Highmay - YOU sound like the amateur YOU are. Now for all those that don't know yet - Let me just blow up Highmay's spot here for a second. I listened to Highmay's useless, self-creating drivel about how much he knows about the club scene for HOURS and HOURS - and out of this load of crap and from the really basic questions he asked me, I learned that he is ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS about the inner workings of the scene. His total experience in the industry I do believe encompassed two failure weeks of promoting and his clubbing is mainly comprised of two years spent at nowhere else but Exit for Draper and Factory, before he even figured out that any other DJ's existed. Right. And this kid knows everything and pretends to go around the messageboard like some kind of expert telling all about everything and we should gather up his words like little pearls of wisdom that we should treasure forever. GET REAL, HIGHMAY - This is why I laugh about you with everyone else - YOU ARE A JOKE. EVERYONE SEES THROUGH YOU. Now let me drop you a real clue. David Marvisi put money into Limelight - a significant amount of it - And yes, Blair is still involved, but so is Marvisi, so watch it. And yes, Spa is very successful - we get some lovely payouts from there on saturday night. But have you ever gone there? It's SOULLESS - it's a bunch of rich single and not so attractive guys hunting plasticy women in $5000 outfits that their parents bought them. John Blair runs some incredible parties and receives my utmost respect as a promoter, but he has David Marvisi to deal with at Limelight, so I don't see LL coming back the way it ever was. Hell, I wasn't even there when it was in its prime - I was about 14 years old. :rolleyes:

I am not going waste my breath on further replies to you "muthafuckinhighmay". You are as transparent as my shower-curtain liner and talk out your ass more than Ace Ventura. I never claimed to know everything about this industry, but I'm back in it to help someone I care about and try to make a difference in a scene that I love. Whether I fail or succeed, the point is I still tried and did it for the right reasons rather than sitting back and chewing people's ears off with my worthless conjecture. You aren't worth my time, and I could go further but I honestly don't need to. Ciao.

Ms. DiNascosto

Aight, here we go:

Ms. "DiNascosto": you perfectly exemplified what I depicted of you. I commented on your sorry ass statement about what you think of your employer (or former employer, whichever; but mind you, isn't professional...unless you want to call THAT a joke too). But of course, like any amateur, you decide to attack my credibility and personal experience, which isn't a good thing considering the fact that you don't know me all that well.

Nowhere and at any time did I ever say that I knew everything about the scene, or even knew half of it. What I say are merely the conclusions drawn from my expieriences. Yes, I was at Exit with Draper. Yes, I was dancing to JP at Factory @ 3 on a Sunday afternoon. Shall we also mentioned that I've always realized that there WERE other clubs? OTHER parties? OTHER types of music? Now, you're gonna say that I'm absolutly clueless because I PREFERRED those spots over the scenes I checked out, but didn't appreciate until just recently? Personal attacks against my character and past expeiriences aren't the way to go when trying to comeback against my comments, especially when you know YOURSELF that they aren't true.

You're gonna say I'm clueless about the inner workings of the scene? Well yeah, you're right. During my useless drivel I spewed to you, I never said anything that would even suggest that I knew how they worked. I always voice my opinion on what I saw and some of the people we've mutually dealt with, but let's not mention the fact that you agreed with a few of my assessments of the people we spoke of, right?

Saying that the my expeiriences in the industry only emcompass 2 failed weeks at promoting: that's a little incomplete. I promoted for a club in Philly once, and stopped because it was pointless for me to promote for a party I wasn't even able to enter. Add the fact that I was only paid $1 a head (ONE FUCKING DOLLAR) and made $15 that night, compared to what I could have made with the same amount of people at Exit (at the time I did that party, I believe payouts at Exit were $10 a head), and to top that off, I didn't even like the damn party (not my type of crowd or music), it just didn't make sense for me to keep promoting that party. So I stopped.

Let me ask you: how are you so sure that I've never dealt with people in the industry here? How are you so sure that some of the things I told you were from very credible or uncredible sources? HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU SAY I'M CLUELESS ABOUT THE SCENE? Last time I checked, I never recalled entirely telling you who is close to me and who I've met and dealt with during my experiences clubbing in NYC. You think I just went to dance and smile at the DJ? Cmon now hun...I keep who I deal with to myself.

You could go say what you want about Spa. That's entirely your opinion. You could call it souless and forgot about how it had a great run for about a year and a half as THE hottest club in the city. You wanna diss the people who used to run Life for what they've done? Right. I'm pretty sure Mr. Blair knows who he's dealing with. Saying that Marvisi is gonna fuck Limelight up, considering the given accomplishments of Mr. Blair, and considering the possibility the you might deal with him in the future, you really don't sound that smart.

No need to reply if you don't want to. I'm attacking how you go about spewing shit when you're in the position you're in now. Remember: YOU wanted to be involved in the business. YOU wanted to put your name out and help in throwing parties. YOUR WORK is as open for opinion as any other in the industry. Who the fuck are you to predict what might happen in the future of the scene you have had such little experience with? If you notice something, I never once personally attacked you. I consider myself classier than going on the internet and spewing personal items about you and personal convos we've had. That just isn't me. You could call me insecure or whatever name you want, but I back up my opinions with facts. Please prove me otherwise, instead of attacking my character with skewed emotions and unfounded credibility. You should feel proud that you're in the scene for whatever reason. You can't deny the fact that you're still fairly new. In my opinion, the names on the flyer mean less than they did about 5 years ago, what with 3 week parties and subpar music now the norm in NYC. I only hope that in a few years, your name on the flyer gets associated with quality, and not a tired joke in the scene.

Probably because he's an insecure idiot and thinks that everyone will think he's cool if he spews this crap. Thanks for seeing how ridiculous that was :)

:laugh: i love this girl :tongue:

If you notice something, I never once personally attacked you

That has to be THE most ridiculous thing that ever came out of your empty head.

Like I said, I have nothing to worry about from you. I don't care who you know - your connections mean shit if you don't use them to make a positive contribution to the scene and thus far you haven't. (nor do I care what david marvisi thinks of me - maybe if he had some connection to my future law school or something i'd give a shit, but i'm not making a career out of this). You have bored a lot of people with your conjecture and I heard from several people today who have previously caught you in your hypocrisy about how much you supposedly know, so it's clearly not just me. I don't need to sit here and refute your off-the-mark comments because you are repeatedly missing my point anyway but I suppose I wouldn't expect much else. Now back on the subject of tired jokes... oh wait, they've all heard about you already :rolleyes:

~*DN*~

hey! if this shit gets sent to the drama board..im gona kick both of ur asses..well..on second thought..highmay likes guns..so hes outa the question..and foxxy dances in a cage..hmm..no...well in general ill just b really upset and ill....POUT ..yeh tats it..ill POUT!

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

hey! if this shit gets sent to the drama board..im gona kick both of ur asses..well..on second thought..highmay likes guns..so hes outa the question..and foxxy dances in a cage..hmm..no...well in general ill just b really upset and ill....POUT ..yeh tats it..ill POUT!

LoL Don't pout ;) It'll all be okay hehehehe

Drop me an IM later ~

That has to be THE most ridiculous thing that ever came out of your empty head.

Like I said, I have nothing to worry about from you. I don't care who you know - your connections mean shit if you don't use them to make a positive contribution to the scene and thus far you haven't. (nor do I care what david marvisi thinks of me - maybe if he had some connection to my future law school or something i'd give a shit, but i'm not making a career out of this). You have bored a lot of people with your conjecture and I heard from several people today who have previously caught you in your hypocrisy about how much you supposedly know, so it's clearly not just me. I don't need to sit here and refute your off-the-mark comments because you are repeatedly missing my point anyway but I suppose I wouldn't expect much else. Now back on the subject of tired jokes... oh wait, they've all heard about you already :rolleyes:

~*DN*~

you really dont care?? it must have bothered you since you took the time out to discuss me and who I know or dont know, or what hypocritical statements I've made in the past...and im really sure the people that talked jive about me are qualified to and know me inside out :rolleyes:

I never involved myself in the scene here in NYC because if I do get involved, I would want to be here full time to do the best job i can do, and that can't happen because I'm in Philly for school...

and what points have i missed?? cmon, now...stop with trying to put me down...itll go nowhere because itll just end up being your word against mine...

I wouldn't be so quick to judge if I were you...but hey...if you shut me up and throw some kickass parties...who would benefit: the minor victory of your affirmation of some worthless negative opinions said about me, or the scene in general? riiiiiiight...so please stop tryin to show me up...

all im sayin is that being more professional with your comments SINCE YOU ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE NOW is probably the best thing to do since you are still pretty new to the scene...but then again, you probably wont listen to me, and comeback with some shit like "you dont anyone highmay!! you're worthless!! you're a joke!!" so, fine...:shrugs: go right ahead with what you think of me...

i saw kathie lee gifford masturbating in central park today... and she had lil sweat shop kids filming her... and she said that thats whats going to play while you wait on line to pay in the LL lobby...

(its going to take the place of those gushing water falls)

Originally posted by dgmodel

i saw kathie lee gifford masturbating in central park today... and she had lil sweat shop kids filming her... and she said that thats whats going to play while you wait on line to pay in the LL lobby...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahhhh DG what would we do without you? ;)

Not bothering with other commentary :blank:

Originally posted by dgmodel

SUBLIMINALDG :laugh2:

and i concur...until next time...MuThAFuCkiNHiGhMaY signing off...

You love her

But she loves him

And he loves somebody else

You just can't win

And so it goes

Till the day you die

This thing they call love

It's gonna make you cry

I've had the blues

The reds and the pinks

One thing for sure

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

Two by two and side by side

Love's gonna find you yes it is

You just can't hide

You'll hear it call

Your heart will fall

Then love will fly

It's gonna soar

I don't care for any casanova thing

All I can say is

Love stinks

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

I've been through diamonds

I've been through minks

I've been through it all

Love stinks

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

(Love stinks)

Love stinks yeah yeah

Originally posted by bebby6919

i hate people that like to turn everything around just to make themselves look right eventho they are wrong.. I hate people who ALWAYS have to be right and want to be praised for it :rolleyes::blown:

DG :laugh:

But I LooooooooVe Bebby!!!! :D

You are as transparent as my shower-curtain liner

Ms. DiNascosto

Your shower curtain liner is transparent??.. sweet... cause ya know, mine is white.. cause ya know a transparent one would kinda defeat the purpose.. but it would be pretty hot :-).. neways.. too much drama here.. why bother, just saw that and had to say it.. bye now

wJ

Originally posted by willisj68

Your shower curtain liner is transparent??.. sweet... cause ya know, mine is white.. cause ya know a transparent one would kinda defeat the purpose.. but it would be pretty hot :-).. neways.. too much drama here.. why bother, just saw that and had to say it.. bye now

wJ

:laugh2: Well the liner is clear with little silver sparkles in it, but the curtain itself isn't... but I think it's fun with only the clear one and the mirror on the side of the room :tongue:

Bebby ~ *MuAhZ* :D;)

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

All I know is that if they make an all gay party, I'll be happy. I dislike straight crowds.

And guess what....this is why you people are shunned by most

Listen and listen clear, even though I am not gay or bisexual, I do not give a shit about ones sexual orientation, it has ceased to bother me. I see gay guys and transies all the time at vinyl and sf amongst other places and as long as they are cool with the fact that we are all there for the greater good of music, it doesn't matter.

Now, it is very true that gay parties such as Roxy Saturdays, Exit Saturdays, old Twilo, do not welcome straight people into their party. I figured this out first hand when I went to Twilo on a Saturday with my g/f at the time and my boy and his g/f and was rejected at the door because it wasn't our type of party. When I stated we were there for Junior, the door buttfucked faggot told us that my boy was too drunk, although he had just driven 3 hours and was completely sober, not a drop of liquor or any drug whatsoever.

Now you people are gonna say you don't like the straight crowd? Fuck you and fuck all of your pirate plugging "friends" I personally can't go to a gay party to hear a DJ I want to listen to because "it is not my type of party." You guys have parades and shit about equality when at the same time you pull hypocritical policies such as this.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

And guess what....this is why you people are shunned by most

Listen and listen clear, even though I am not gay or bisexual, I do not give a shit about ones sexual orientation, it has ceased to bother me. I see gay guys and transies all the time at vinyl and sf amongst other places and as long as they are cool with the fact that we are all there for the greater good of music, it doesn't matter.

Now, it is very true that gay parties such as Roxy Saturdays, Exit Saturdays, old Twilo, do not welcome straight people into their party. I figured this out first hand when I went to Twilo on a Saturday with my g/f at the time and my boy and his g/f and was rejected at the door because it wasn't our type of party. When I stated we were there for Junior, the door buttfucked faggot told us that my boy was too drunk, although he had just driven 3 hours and was completely sober, not a drop of liquor or any drug whatsoever.

Now you people are gonna say you don't like the straight crowd? Fuck you and fuck all of your pirate plugging "friends" I personally can't go to a gay party to hear a DJ I want to listen to because "it is not my type of party." You guys have parades and shit about equality when at the same time you pull hypocritical policies such as this.

With the way you talk about gay people (pirate plugging? buttfucked faggot?) you can stay the fuck out of our parties and listen from the outside. Junior dosen't want you there anyway.