Clubplanet Nightlife Community

window unit a/c's

Originally posted by vicman

if electricity is included in your rent, i would crank it up hardcore without any remorse 24-7-365 until it resmbeled a meat freezer

no it's not

even when i keep it cranked up for days, it doesn't get cool enough for my taste, that's what i'm saying - it's not strong enough.

i need help! summer's JUST starting

Originally posted by MadamMillie

no it's not

even when i keep it cranked up for days, it doesn't get cool enough for my taste, that's what i'm saying - it's not strong enough.

Tell your land lord to fix it or buy a fan and snuggle with it when you go to bed :D

no it's not

where is the landlord of the building? put a complaint or something

my property management company used to be calomiris but it chaged and i can't remember the new one's name, but it's closeby in dupont/adams morgan somewhere

i mean, i feel like the best i can hope for is that they'll switch out the window unit w/ a more powerful one??? but i have doubts

vic/zags

what are Y"ALL gonna do about your place??? the first floor i mean. it's a freaking sauna!

the second floor is a sauna, the first floor is OK, I'm on the first floor, no need for me to go to the second floor.

I feel your pain! I don't have a/c at all in the general living spaces and my room is big enough that it never really gets COLD, you know? I would def. talk to management, though. Especially if it is an older unit.

Originally posted by malanee

I feel your pain! I don't have a/c at all in the general living spaces and my room is big enough that it never really gets COLD, you know? I would def. talk to management, though. Especially if it is an older unit.

omg, last summer at your place...WHOA MY what a sauna

ruthie, it's just an excuse to get everyone in your bedroom, isn't it:D

omg, last summer at your place...WHOA MY what a sauna

ruthie, it's just an excuse to get everyone in your bedroom, isn't it:D

*innocent look* I have no idea what you're talking about!

BTW, did you ever see the picture I took last year in August in my bedroom. There were 6 guys on my bed! WOO HOO!!! Of course - they were G, Bob, Sam....you get the picture! :tongue:

my unit is not strong enough. it's owned by the building. what do i do?

also, should i leave it on all day long on low or something and crank it up when i get home, or turn it off during the day and crank it when i get home?

merci beaucoup

hmm, what I would first check, is the filter. A dirty filter means a cranky A/C unit. If it's not the filter then I don't know what to tell ya. If you don't know where the filter is located, then I would suggest you punch yourself in the neck and the ear.