Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Definition Of Old Music Vs. New

Just want to clarify something for those who DON'T know....

From time to time, while in Tempts (and many other clubs) you may hear a voice singing words which are familiar, however the music behind those words are different than what you are used to hearing. When you hear those vocals of say...Angie Stone, but with no music behind it.. this is called an ACCAPELLA. Say it with me kids.... "ACCAPELLA"

...very good...:clap2:

now.. sometimes the DJ will place this accapella over a different track (usually, but not always just a track with no vocals). Denny has been doing this with such accapellas as "Deeper Love" and "Missing You".

For those who say Denny is playing ALL old songs ...you seriously have no idea about music because the only actual full OLD songs Denny played were "Unspeakable Joy" and "Your Child" (maryj). So... the way I do math... that equals TWO (2) old songs. The others were amazing accapella drops over beats!

That was the MUSIC101 lesson for today kids...give yourselves a round of applause cause you have all done well.... WELL I can name a few who DIDN'T but.... :rolleyes:

Growing up101 is next week....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saynotodrama

From time to time, while in Tempts (and many other clubs) you may hear a voice singing words which are familiar, however the music behind those words are different than what you are used to hearing. When you hear those vocals of say...Angie Stone, but with no music behind it.. this is called an ACCAPELLA. Say it with me kids.... "ACCAPELLA"

now.. sometimes the DJ will place this accapella over a different track (usually, but not always just a track with no vocals). Denny has been doing this with such accapellas as "Deeper Love" and "Missing You".

For those who say Denny is playing ALL old songs ...you seriously have no idea about music because the only actual full OLD songs Denny played were "Unspeakable Joy" and "Your Child" (maryj). So... the way I do math... that equals TWO (2)

old songs. The others were amazing accapella drops over beats!

That was the MUSIC101 lesson for today kids...give yourselves a round of applause cause you have all done well.... WELL I can name a few who DIDN'T but.... :rolleyes:

WELL SAID! I WAS THERE SATURDAY NIGHT AND THOUGHT HE WAS INCREDIBLE...............I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HALF THIS BOARD IS TALKING ABOUT SOMETIMES......TEMPTS WAS PACKED SATURDAY. I WENT OVER TO MERGE AT AROUND 2:30, THE MUSIC WAS INDEED SLAMMIN BUT THE PLACE WAS DEAD. THEY ARE BOTH GOOD CLUBS, BUT GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE..................DENNY & TEMPTS RULE SEASIDE

Originally posted by ibclubbin

I understand the point of your thread, but I don't think the majority of people are talking about the accapellas.......

BG

Well then what are the majority of people talking about because Denny only played TWO old songs of which, by the way, were specifically requested by his fiancee and her friends. AND..not to mention that the two songs he played are long time Tempts favorites... I guess people just don't get it.. that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Well then what are the majority of people talking about because Denny only played TWO old songs of which, by the way, were specifically requested by his fiancee and her friends. AND..not to mention that the two songs he played are long time Tempts favorites... I guess people just don't get it.. that's the only explanation I can come up with.

I guess that would be Laurie 203947239 and her new illiterate friend who has the writing skills of Gary the Retard. Two superior critics!!!:stupid:

For those who say Denny is playing ALL old songs ...you seriously have no idea about music because the only actual full OLD songs Denny played were "Unspeakable Joy" and "Your Child" (maryj). So... the way I do math... that equals TWO (2) old songs. The others were amazing accapella drops over beats!

Who give a shit if someone says old music we all know what they are talking about.......:blah: :blah: :blah:

Guest saleen351

all my cunts are back... WOOHOOO...

I don't think Denny is gonna play tracks by "request" trust me on this one, maybee his future wife but she probaly knows the guy so well and his style they were just thinking of the same track at the same time, or the track just so happen to "fit" into his set at that time...... and your definition of old is wrong.... I think old is when you stop dancing on the dance floor and say to your buddy next to you "what the fuck is he playing?" then the track is old, other wise if you keep guido fist pumping then it ain't old, its classic!!!!!!!!:D

ps sayno, I know you know teo, wondering if you caught any of his sets??? no one has put any teo reviews up... :(

Originally posted by saleen351

I don't think Denny is gonna play tracks by "request" trust me on this one, maybee his future wife but she probaly knows the guy so well and his style they were just thinking of the same track at the same time, or the track just so happen to "fit" into his set at that time

ps sayno, I know you know teo, wondering if you caught any of his sets??? no one has put any teo reviews up... :(

HEY MR SECRET WEAPON!!! LOL!!!

WHY DON'T YOU SHUT YOUR SORRY ASS TRAP BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT... WHY ARE YOU GOING TO TALK SHIT ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT... YOU DON'T EVEN GO TO TEMPTS ANYMORE.. YOU LIVE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE COAST!! IT's NO SECRET ON THIS BOARD THAT I AM FRIENDS WITH DENNY AND HIS FUTURE WIFE AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WE ALL "REQUESTED", YES REQUESTED THE TWO SONGS HE PLAYED..."TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!!" Why should someone trust YOU?

Just thinking of the same track at the same time!!! LOL...

95 SOUTH DARLING... .NEXT!!! Stay on the Florida Board where you may be able to post about topics you fit in to!!! Don't try to contradict what I say because I actually LIVE in Jersey and go to all the clubs Denny spins at.

By the way... I have ALWAYS loved Teo's style and I have always said that he is the most un-recognized DJ in the tri-state area *this is my opinion* but I have heard many others say this also. And by saying in a previous post that he has no personality... You obviously don't know him AT ALL because anyone who knows Teo on any kind of personal level will tell you he is probably one of the funniest people you will meet.

Guest saleen351

HEY MR SECRET WEAPON!!! LOL!!!

WHY DON'T YOU SHUT YOUR SORRY ASS TRAP BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT... WHY ARE YOU GOING TO TALK SHIT ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT... YOU DON'T EVEN GO TO TEMPTS ANYMORE.. YOU LIVE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE COAST!! IT's NO SECRET ON THIS BOARD THAT I AM FRIENDS WITH DENNY AND HIS FUTURE WIFE AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WE ALL "REQUESTED", YES REQUESTED THE TWO SONGS HE PLAYED..."TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!!" Why should someone trust YOU?

Just thinking of the same track at the same time!!! LOL...

95 SOUTH DARLING... .NEXT!!! Stay on the Florida Board where you may be able to post about topics you fit in to!!! Don't try to contradict what I say because I actually LIVE in Jersey and go to all the clubs Denny spins at.

By the way... I have ALWAYS loved Teo's style and I have always said that he is the most un-recognized DJ in the tri-state area *this is my opinion* but I have heard many others say this also. And by saying in a previous post that he has no personality... You obviously don't know him AT ALL because anyone who knows Teo on any kind of personal level will tell you he is probably one of the funniest people you will meet.

n/m

ask around sweet heart....

Ps for the guy that pmed me about XXXXXX not giving a rats ass about you, I had a great convo with one of the guys over at xxxxx. Went well, come sept they may give a rats ass about you:D

Originally posted by laurie619

:laugh: WOW. . .I cant even have an opinion with out some people being infantile. . .:laugh: DONT WORRY ITS WAS ONLY ABOUT 30 PEOPLE WHO I KNOW THAT FELT THE SAME WAY LEFT AND WENT TO XS. . .;)

30 People?? That's a pretty large group of people without a clue!! XS IS EXACTLY WHERE YOU BELONG AND PROBABLY FIT RIGHT IN!!!!

ENOUGH SAID!!

:laugh: WOW. . .I cant even have an opinion with out some people being infantile. . .:laugh: DONT WORRY ITS WAS ONLY ABOUT 30 PEOPLE WHO I KNOW THAT FELT THE SAME WAY LEFT AND WENT TO XS. . .;)

We know you roll 30 deep. Cuz you got it like that right? Watch out everybody...this girl comes with a POSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!:letsgo:

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

New, old, classic....who cares...what matters is that its music. Its so horrible how many critics live and breath on this board but yet show up every week at Tempts.

JUST SHUT UP ALREADY AND DANCE!!!:D

EXACTLY!!!! :D

I find it hard to believe that 30 people would actually talk to you!

I agree denny has been droppin deb cox acapella's for years and everyone loves em.

By the way"Acapella" has only one c