Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cell Phones

ok i have a nokia 8290 with voicestrem service and i cant stand it,, but my contract is up on the 19th. im getting a new phone, i am looking at new phones and i have it narrowed down to 2 choices. first i am looking at a nextel, the i90. i am also thinking about getting a verizon, that new little silver flip phone, im not sure what model off hand. i am leaning towards the i90 tho.

if anyone has any input i would appreciate it, b4 i make another mistake like i did wen i got the 8290.

nextel is great IMO if you can afford it

for me the $90 a month isnt that critical and is worth it because you really do get a lot and the service is excellent

first i had verizon then switched to att then to nextel, nextel is my favorite by far

i have verizon and i really like it. i needed a cheap national plan and the service has been good everywhere i go.

but i HATE my phone. i have a nokia 5185. i am getting something better in august but i am not sure what yet.

I can't stand listening to all the idiots on cell phones. I think they should be banned. Especially the ones that also act as walkie talkies. Like I want to hear your damn conversation.

for some of us it is our only phone. forgive me if i can't take the time to sit at home to talk to people.

i have sprint, its not so bad... i pay 35$ a month and i rarely ever go over my minutes. if i do go over, i call them and ask them nicely to reduce my bill & they always do it... they also gave me a new phone for free when i complained that my phone sucked. if you know how to talk you can sucker them out of anything hehe. if i were to cancel my sprint phone i would definitely go with verizon but then i cant talk my way out of paying bills, so for now sprint is the best.

nokia has been having problems (well as far as ive noticed) ever since they started outsourcing their manufacturing

ericcsons are good phones, except their ringers are not loud enough. the ericcson flip phones wear out a lot quicker than their regular phones.

with Nextel i would worry about the company's future. The same with MCI/Worldcom. Both companies are in the shitter finacially. Nextel's International division went belly-up last week.

good luck

Originally posted by hotcheme

i have verizon and i really like it. i needed a cheap national plan and the service has been good everywhere i go.

but i HATE my phone. i have a nokia 5185. i am getting something better in august but i am not sure what yet.

for some of us it is our only phone. forgive me if i can't take the time to sit at home to talk to people.

Don't mean to pick on you, but what would you have done before the existence of cell phones? When I was in high school I used to talk on the phone from home. Or, I wouldn't talk at all! How do you like them apples?

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

Especially the ones that also act as walkie talkies. Like I want to hear your damn conversation.

LOL that would be the Nextels.. :laugh:

I have Cingular right now, and I have the small lil Nokia that is like 3 inches big or so..

I wanna switch to AT&T I think though because my cell phone bill is like $250/month, and I can't afford that shit.. one of my good friends has AT&T, and he never has any problems.

Everybody talks shit about Sprint, but I really like it. I love on LI but I'm in the city all day, I never ever roam.....and I always have service. I pay 49.99 and get plenty of minutes.

However, I hear that AT&T recently improved their plans to be comparable with Sprint, and some stores are offering th Motorola V60 for $100 with a $100 rebate.

Ive had voicestream (worse by far... got rid of it in less than a week)

at&t is okay in the city, but no service around my house or in my house at all just like voicestream)

sprint is the best so far where I live in queens and everywhere and never really had any problems with them...

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

Don't mean to pick on you, but what would you have done before the existence of cell phones? When I was in high school I used to talk on the phone from home. Or, I wouldn't talk at all! How do you like them apples?

no offense taken.

it is a convienence that i have become addicted to since i've had it. before that, i played phone tag with everyone because even when i in high school and college i was never home.

and there was a time when i used to use pay phones. remember them?